• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rick Jeanneret Abruptly Leaves Broadcast; Reportedly Left Arena on Stretcher

Phil

Buffalo Sabres play-by-play announcer Rick Jeanneret was missing from the Sabres broadcast Saturday night, after the second period.

The team has not disclosed the reason why Jeanneret was taken off the broadcast.

The Buffalo News is reporting that Jeanneret was, "reportedly feeling light-headed on the air and stopped talking during the broadcast of the game."

The news also reports that Jeanneret was taken out of the arena on a stretcher.

https://www.wgrz.com/article/sports/nhl/sabres/rick-jeanneret-leaves-sabres-broadcast-unannounced/71-65d488ee-1f10-4685-962c-c7ca4e893420

--

Link:

Rick Jeanneret 'resting and doing well' after disappearing from Sabres broadcast

Buffalo Sabres broadcaster Rick Jeanneret, who was removed from the KeyBank Center press box on a stretcher during the third period of the team's game Saturday night, was "resting and doing well" at Buffalo General Medical Center, the team said in a statement Sunday morning.

"On behalf of Rick and his family, we'd like to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers," the statement said. "Rick looks forward to being back in the booth after the break."

Two sources said Jeanneret, 76, was having his pacemaker data analyzed after he began feeling light-headed on the air and stopped talking during the broadcast of the game against the Anaheim Ducks. Jeanneret had the device implanted in 2014.

Jeanneret after health scare: 'I feel pretty good now'

By Alan Pergament: ?I?m still here,? said the longtime Buffalo Sabres broadcast announcer, laughing and in good spirits from his hospital room this morning. ?I?m OK, I feel pretty good now.?...

JEANNERET6-750x445.jpg

https://buffalonews.com/2018/12/22/rick-jeanneret-taken-from-arena-during-sabres-broadcast/

Archived