• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

RS] (#32) Rangers vs. Vegas Golden Knights // <Insert Something Clever Here>

Phil

GDT_2018-19_Header.png?raw=1

REGULAR SEASON GAME #32 — 12/14/2018

rangers1.gif?raw=1 vs. goldenknights1.gif?raw=1

Time: 12:30 PM

TV: NHLN-US, SN, MSG, ATTSN-RM

Radio: 98.7 FM, 107.1 FM, 710 AM, Sirius XM

USEFUL LINKS:

Coverage: @NYP_Brooksie@BrettCyrgalis@HartnettHockey@RickCarpiniello@ColinASteph

Team Official: @NYRangersNYR on Instagram

Official Team Websites: rangers.nhl.comgoldenknights.nhl.com

GameCenter - here

GDT_2018-19_Spacer.png?raw=1

NYR.gif?raw=1

Standings:

[table=width: 300, class: grid, align: center]

[tr]

[td]RECORD:[/td]

[td]14-13-4 (32 Points)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]POSITION:[/td]

[td]5th – Metropolitan[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]ROW:[/td]

[td]9[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]HOME:[/td]

[td]10-4-2[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]AWAY:[/td]

[td]4-9-2[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]S/O:[/td]

[td]5-1[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]LAST 10:[/td]

[td]3-5-2[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]STREAK:[/td]

[td]OTL 1[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Team Statistics:

[tr]

[td]DIFF:[/td]

[td]-11 (17th)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]GF/GP:[/td]

[td]2.77 (26th)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]GA/GP:[/td]

[td]3.26 (24th)[/td][/tr]

[tr]

[td]PP%:[/td]

[td]20.2% (17th)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]PK%:[/td]

[td]76.2% (26th)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Corsi For (CF)%[/td]

[td]45.59% (30th)[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Team Leaders:

[tr]

[td]Goals:[/td]

[td]Chris Kreider (14)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Assists:[/td]

[td]Mika Zibanejad (17)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Points:[/td]

[td]Mika Zibanejad (27)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]+/-:[/td]

[td]Kevin Hayes (+6)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]PIM:[/td]

[td]Cody McLeod (42)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]TOI/G (D):[/td]

[td]Neal Pionk (22:53)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]TOI/G (F):[/td]

[td]Mika Zibanejad (19:49)[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Starting Lineup:^

Filip Chytil / Mika Zibanejad A / Mats Zuccarello A

Chris Kreider A / Kevin Hayes / Pavel Buchnevich

Vladislav Namestnikov / Brett Howden / Jesper Fast

Matt Beleskey / Ryan Strome / Jimmy Vesey

Marc Staal A / Neal Pionk

Fredrik Claesson / Brendan Smith

Brady Skjei / Tony DeAngelo

^ Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

Henrik Lundqvist

[tr]

[td]GS[/td]

[td]24[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]REC[/td]

[td]10-9-4[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]SV%[/td]

[td].914[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]GAA[/td]

[td]2.83[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]SO[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Healthy Scratches:

Lias Andersson

Boo Nieves

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc:

F Cody McLeod [iR] — Fractured hand; No timetable

D Adam McQuaid [iR] — Lower-body injury; No timetable

D Kevin Shattekirk [iR] — Separated shoulder; 2-4 weeks

VGK.gif?raw=1

Standings:

[tr]

[td]RECORD:[/td]

[td]18-14-2 (38 Points)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]POSITION:[/td]

[td]5th – Pacific[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]ROW:[/td]

[td]17[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]HOME:[/td]

[td]10-3-1[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]AWAY:[/td]

[td]8-11-1[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]S/O:[/td]

[td]1-1[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]LAST 10:[/td]

[td]7-2-1[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]STREAK:[/td]

[td]OTL 1[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Team Statistics:

[tr]

[td]DIFF:[/td]

[td]+5 (T-8th)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]GF/GP:[/td]

[td]3.00 (17th)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]GA/GP:[/td]

[td]2.85 (12th)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]PP%:[/td]

[td]20.5% (15th)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]PK%:[/td]

[td]83.2% (6th)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Corsi For (CF)%[/td]

[td]54.26% (4th)[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Team Leaders:

[tr]

[td]Goals:[/td]

[td]William Karlsson (13)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Assists:[/td]

[td]Reilly Smith (17)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Points:[/td]

[td]Jonathan Marchessault (26)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]+/-:[/td]

[td]Alex Tuch (+6)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]PIM:[/td]

[td]Ryan Reaves (43)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]TOI/G (D):[/td]

[td]Nate Schmidt (22:19)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]TOI/G (F):[/td]

[td]William Karlsson (19:25)[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Starting Lineup:^

Jonathan Marchessault / William Karlsson / Reilly Smith

Oscar Lindberg / Paul Stastny / Alex Tuch

Tomas Nosek / Cody Eakin / Ryan Carpenter

Will Carrier / Pierre-Edouard Bellemare / Ryan Reaves

Brayden McNabb / Nate Schmidt

Shea Theodore / Deryk Engelland

Nick Holden / Colin Miller

^ Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

Marc-Andr? Fleury

[tr]

[td]GS[/td]

[td]30[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]REC[/td]

[td]18-10-2[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]SV%[/td]

[td].907[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]GAA[/td]

[td]2.57[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]SO[/td]

[td]5[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Healthy Scratches:

Jon Merrill

Brad Hunt

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc:

F Erik Haula [iR] — Lower-body injury; Out indefinitely

F Max Pacioretty [DTD] — Undisclosed

QUOTE(S) TO NOTE:

[table=width: 630, align: center]

[tr]

[td=align: center]

"We're in a little rut. That Philly game [on Nov. 23] is where it started."

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

— David Quinnn

BSBH_GDT_Footer1.gif?raw=1

Lias in Fast out. McQuaid in, not sure who is out on D. Should be Claesson based on last game.

Good report from Maloney during pregame. Good news/bad news on Lias: "All the coaching staff" are working with Lias daily on his skating and improving/lengthening his stride. They feel there is no questioning his compete level and hockey sense, that the focus needs to be on skating. This is what I've been seeing, though the Rangers have confidence that he can make big strides in this area.

I wish I knew. Some guys can make big improvements on their skating and some never can. Tampa has had numerous iffy skaters turn into very good ones. Not sure if they have coaches with a special knack or what.

Good period by the Rangers. The D was especially solid with no issues. Skjei looks good. Pionk and Staal have been solid and Pionk's quick accurate shots and decisions in the Ozone continue to be impressive. ADA with a few good shots and effective pinches. McQuaid and Names were effectively physical. Not leaving all the physicality to Pionk. ;)

The defense has been non-existant hence Quinn/Hank "encouraging/berating" them during a time out. Sam and Joe mentioning they aren't "touching" anyone in the defensive zone. Sans Staal on most nights they can't play D for shit.

As for Lias all of those gaps in his game aren't going to be corrected during the season and certainly not at this level, it's a mistake he's even up at this point in his career. IF they didn't seriously work on his skating in the offseason that's a black eye on their scouting.

Blast from Zib!!

The defense has been non-existant hence Quinn/Hank "encouraging/berating" them during a time out. Sam and Joe mentioning they aren't "touching" anyone in the defensive zone. Sans Staal on most nights they can't play D for shit.

Are you calling me out every post now? The D was good in the first. I posted before the 2nd. Yeah, the first 7 minutes of the 2nd it was terrible and Pionk among others were culprits. See, that is a balanced assessment. You are not willing to be objective, to the point that it's becoming schtick.

While Lundqvist is not playing poorly, the incessant ball washing on MSG is a bit much. If he is not the very best goalie in the NHL with his contract, it's a bad deal for this franchise. You cannot separate those things. At least they don't have crap like "The Mask" on MSG 45 times a week.

Are you calling me out every post now? The D was good in the first. I posted before the 2nd. Yeah, the first 7 minutes of the 2nd it was terrible and Pionk among others were culprits. See, that is a balanced assessment. You are not willing to be objective, to the point that it's becoming schtick.

No don't flatter yourself. The D is garbage more often than not. Where was I wrong did the coach, assistant coach, goaltender, homer announcers and Vally not call them our for standing around doing nothing. One period of good play doesn't tip the scales when way more often than not their dreadful so talking about not being objective is comical.

Hank lets it in from no angle.

He's just as bad at consistency as anyone.

The cap ties salary to production, just is.

Lundqvist plays very well in spurts. But with his salary, the softies kill you. You're playing him the kind of money that serious goal scorers and #1 centers-Towes, Ovi, Crosby-get. At that level of $, the softies are death. And hearing Sam, Joe, Al and Vally tell you how great he is when he gives those up, infuriating. Throwing shit at your TV angry. "Oh, Lundqvist is keeping them in this game" ,Until he doesn't. Or because his salary (though no fault of his own, the system sucks) precludes signing that kind of offensive force.

No don't flatter yourself. The D is garbage more often than not. Where was I wrong did the coach, assistant coach, goaltender, homer announcers and Vally not call them our for standing around doing nothing. One period of good play doesn't tip the scales when way more often than not their dreadful so talking about not being objective is comical.

The content of your posts are a constant barrage of negative generalities slamming the players, team and org. At this point one might ask what you were expecting. Did you think this team was going to be good when the season started? Only one or two here did.

As for my take on the D, when we traded McD I posted that we had one top 4 Dman in the entire system. When the year began I also posted we had one top 4 in NY. Admittedly, I've evolved to believe Pionk has shown he belongs and your not the only one to differ with me on it. But you are making it personal in the last week or so.

The content of your posts are a constant barrage of negative generalities slamming the players, team and org. At this point one might ask what you were expecting. Did you think this team was going to be good when the season started? Only one or two here did.

As for my take on the D, when we traded McD I posted that we had one top 4 Dman in the entire system. When the year began I also posted we had one top 4 in NY. Admittedly, I've evolved to believe Pionk has shown he belongs and your not the only one to differ with me on it. But you are making it personal in the last week or so.

It's not personal or meant to be anyway just strongly feel differently. I think Phil has said it best at least twice the team is six D and three high quality forwards away I truly biwve that.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Rangers should be losing 4-1 at this point. If they eke out another point because of Hank, I'm gonna be pissed.

RU still pissed? ...cause that?s what happened.

Watched on DVR last night and went straight to the third period. Kreider was a force and used his legs well - at least he did in that period. But when his line failed to muster anything to open OT I took that as a bad omen. And sure enough we lose. Yup, not a goal Hank should give up.

Remember Crosby scoring that kind of ?impossible angle? goal several years back? Then Richards scores one for us about a year later. It happens. Practically speaking, it should have happened in regulation so that we wouldn?t get a point.

Post game, Quinn minced no words saying how we didn?t do much of anything in the first 2 periods. He was pretty angry.

Hank lets it in from no angle.

He's just as bad at consistency as anyone.

That will always be part of his legacy to me. Fedorov from the dot over his statuesque form or Karlsson from the first row of seating and every incident in between those, he's always managed to let the softest goal in at the worst time.

Archived