• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Weezer to Play NHL Winter Classic

Phil

Say it's so: Weezer will perform at the NHL Winter Classic.

The Grammy-winning Los Angeles rockers are set to take the stage at Notre Dame Stadium during the first intermission of the league's showcase New Year's Day event, which this time around features the Chicago Blackhawks and Boston Bruins on an outdoor rink.

As is customary, the teams will sport new sweaters for the special occasion, so surely Weezer ? comprised of Rivers Cuomo, Patrick Wilson, Brian Bell and Scott Shriner ? will break out "Undone (The Sweater Song)" during their set in South Bend, Indiana.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/weezer-perform-at-nhl-winter-classic-new-years-day-1168827

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Considering a large portion of the NHL's demographic is 30 year old males from the suburbs, I think it's a good call to have some music that people will actually want to hear. Unless you'd rather hear Five For Fighting again ("hey did you know they're hockey fans?!") or fucking Snoop Dog or Drake. I always thought the rap selections were just pandering to a demographic which the NHL doesn't have.

Archived