• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Boston, Colorado Linked to Kevin Hayes

Phil

13. Boston?s been linked to Coyle. If he?s not the guy, wonder if someone like Jeff Carter would fit the Bruins.

14. They?ve also been linked to Kevin Hayes, but will have competition. Another possibility for the Ranger centre? Colorado. He?s exactly what they need.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-leafs-wouldnt-trade-nylander-pietrangelo/

Colorado shouldn?t be moving assets this season.

They could be opening a 10-15 year win-dow

You're probably right, but they desperately need some top notch 2nd and 3rd line players. Nate and ratatat are the real deal and sometimes you get tired of waiting and need to strike when the iron is hot.

Hayes for Makar straight up. I'll throw in McQuaid as a sweetener. Doubt they'd do it. They are probably looking to supplement their roster by using their 1st and lesser prospects and/or fringe players.

Hayes for Timmons and their 1st rounder. Doubt they'd consider Zarderov or Kaut (their best forward prospect), but Timmons is probably next best prospect. They are definitely not looking to part with him, but they have to give something that hurts. He is gaining a rep as a shutdown defender and he adds good O to his game. I thought he might be a consideration at #21, before we took Chytil. If Timmons checks out healthwise, that would be a reasonable deal.

Makar and COL's first.

Not a chance, unless Sakic has lost his marbles.

Nobody’s giving up a 1st + one of their top prospects for Hayes as a rental. I’d be delighted to be proven wrong on this, but I can’t see it.

In any case, Colorado have too much to do in terms of depth to build a contender this year. They’d be stupid to empty their cupboard now.

You're probably right, but they desperately need some top notch 2nd and 3rd line players. Nate and ratatat are the real deal and sometimes you get tired of waiting and need to strike when the iron is hot.

Hayes for Makar straight up. I'll throw in McQuaid as a sweetener. Doubt they'd do it. They are probably looking to supplement their roster by using their 1st and lesser prospects and/or fringe players.

Hayes for Timmons and their 1st rounder. Doubt they'd consider Zarderov or Kaut (their best forward prospect), but Timmons is probably next best prospect. They are definitely not looking to part with him, but they have to give something that hurts. He is gaining a rep as a shutdown defender and he adds good O to his game. I thought he might be a consideration at #21, before we took Chytil. If Timmons checks out healthwise, that would be a reasonable deal.

and Hayes a good third line player

and Hayes a good third line player

He's proving to be more like a 2C, w/o getting too caught up in these type of designations. He is certainly in great shape and faster than he's ever been. He's producing and his defense is not just good, but dangerous due to the inordinate number of turnovers he causes. Yes, he often 'wastes' these golden opportunities, but he is getting better. He is maturing and he is getting coached up.

I think anyone who trades for him intends to sign him. If we don't trade him, I'm sure we'll sign him. Boomer Gordon mused just yesterday that the guy who garners the widest array of opinions among Ranger fans and hockey fans in general is Hayes. So true, he's a bit of an enigma.

Not a chance, unless Sakic has lost his marbles.

Nobody’s giving up a 1st + one of their top prospects for Hayes as a rental. I’d be delighted to be proven wrong on this, but I can’t see it.

In any case, Colorado have too much to do in terms of depth to build a contender this year. They’d be stupid to empty their cupboard now.

Maybe it is appropriate to not consider Hayes a rental. It is early in the year, we can let him talk to the team that wants to trade for him. He can't be resigned until Jan 1 anyway, and he stated he wants to stay. I think this situation is more nuanced and the Rangers have a better handle than the fans know.

That said, is this fair? Makar and we'll take back Soderberg, though I'm not sure why they'd want that. They can have Hayes, McQuaid (we can keep 50% on both) and a decent prospect.

Not sure about that. If they traded him in the off season then sure.

But around the new year I wouldn?t say he?s worth more than a rental.

I also think the player holds all the cards. He?ll get his money whether it?s with the Rangers or with someone else. The Rangers have little to no leverage.

Archived