Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 57 of 57

Thread: Slats' Best Signing?

  1. #41
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    76,070
    Rep Power
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    He's playing about 13 minutes a night. I'd say that honeymoon has ended.
    Where do you get this stuff LOL? 15+ a night and on pace for 54 points, which is right there with where he normally comes in.

    He's slotting in on the right side behind Gourde and Kucherov. Kuch is their "2nd line RW".

    He's fine.

  2. #42
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,838
    Rep Power
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Where do you get this stuff LOL? 15+ a night and on pace for 54 points, which is right there with where he normally comes in.

    He's slotting in on the right side behind Gourde and Kucherov. Kuch is their "2nd line RW".

    He's fine.
    Last 5 games he's played 12:03. I assume that's what Dunny's referring to.

  3. #43
    Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    12,549
    Rep Power
    276
    Yeah, and zero PP time.

    I'm not ragging on him, he's an offensive upgrade on the guy he replaced, but he's also a complete meathead.

  4. #44
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    76,070
    Rep Power
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Last 5 games he's played 12:03. I assume that's what Dunny's referring to.
    Interesting cut off...The 6th game he played 18 minutes, the 7th game he played 21. Before that it's anywhere from 15 to 21. As I said, he's fine.

  5. #45
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    76,070
    Rep Power
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Yeah, and zero PP time.

    I'm not ragging on him, he's an offensive upgrade on the guy he replaced, but he's also a complete meathead.
    Yea he's a mouth breather for sure.

    But not getting PP time on Tampa Bay is kind of a who gives a fuck? They have 15 guys who can contribute to a PP and only 10 spots.

  6. #46
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,838
    Rep Power
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Interesting cut off...The 6th game he played 18 minutes, the 7th game he played 21. Before that it's anywhere from 15 to 21. As I said, he's fine.
    I don't disagree. He is fine...I'm just sayin

  7. #47
    Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    12,549
    Rep Power
    276
    He is fine in a sense, but they're going to have to pay Point, and Gourde next year and then Sergachev, Cirrelli and Joseph after that. All while replacing Girardi and Coburn somehow.

    I think he's gone sooner rather than later.

  8. #48
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,838
    Rep Power
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    He is fine in a sense, but they're going to have to pay Point, and Gourde next year and then Sergachev, Cirrelli and Joseph after that. All while replacing Girardi and Coburn somehow.

    I think he's gone sooner rather than later.
    Gourde is signed long term.

    I don't think they really need to shed a contract, they only have $73m committed next year. But if they do, Cally will absolutely be the first guy they try to move - and they should be able to with only one year left - then it's probably between Miller, Killorn, and Palat. Out of the 3, Palat is the worst and most expensive, but he might be tough to move.

  9. #49
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    76,070
    Rep Power
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Gourde is signed long term.

    I don't think they really need to shed a contract, they only have $73m committed next year. But if they do, Cally will absolutely be the first guy they try to move - and they should be able to with only one year left - then it's probably between Miller, Killorn, and Palat.
    Almost certainly Killorn, who'll be 30.

  10. #50
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,838
    Rep Power
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Almost certainly Killorn, who'll be 30.
    Eh, toss up between him and Palat, who sucks and is more expensive. The problem is that neither guy would get you anything in return I don't think.

    Miller could get you a younger roster player and a pick, whereas Killorn would just be the pick. Like, they might prefer to trade Miller for Sprong and a 2nd than Killorn for a 5th.

  11. #51
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    76,070
    Rep Power
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Eh, toss up between him and Palat, who sucks and is more expensive. The problem is that neither guy would get you anything in return I don't think.

    Miller could get you a younger roster player and a pick, whereas Killorn would just be the pick. Like, they might prefer to trade Miller for Sprong and a 2nd than Killorn for a 5th.
    I think, given the option, they'd keep a younger player.

    And Killorn gets you more than a 5th.

  12. #52
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    26,116
    Rep Power
    281
    They'll have 8 forwards with NM/NTC at the expansion draft...
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  13. #53
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    76,070
    Rep Power
    502
    No wonder Yzerman quit.

  14. #54
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,838
    Rep Power
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I think, given the option, they'd keep a younger player.

    And Killorn gets you more than a 5th.
    Ok, a 3rd. The point is, TBL might think that they'd trade Miller and a 3rd for Sprong, Killorn, a 2nd, and $750k

  15. #55
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,838
    Rep Power
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    They'll have 8 forwards with NM/NTC at the expansion draft...
    Mean 8 total?

    Stamkos, Palat (lol), Kucherov, Johnson, Killorn, and, presumably, Point, are the only forwards. Hedman and Mac are the only ones on D.

    Edit: didn't realize Miller and Gourde had them kicking in later.

  16. #56
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    26,116
    Rep Power
    281
    They’d almost have to move Miller this season before his kicks in.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  17. #57
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Slobberknocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    2 feet south of the blueline
    Posts
    4,185
    Rep Power
    42
    not to hijack this thread and feel free to start another but i read a disturbing article the other day that said we are not going to be able to protect all the kids i.e., howden, anderson, chityl for the Seattle expansion draft. such a blowjob.
    Acqua in bocca

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •