• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Flyers Fire GM Ron Hextall

Phil

that's what I was wondering. on paper flyers are a playoff team.

I thought the team had improved. Ed Snyder gave Hextall the mandate -- and time -- as one of his last acts.

I thought the team had improved in terms of standings, minor league system, etc. They were at the bottom and while they haven't done a Toronto in terms of reversal, they are clearly better.

Big Thing: Thousands of empty seats at Wells Fargo Center according to the writers I read. I presume they sold out Friday's game with the Rangers ? I am surprised at the attendance dropoff, I thought Philly had deep and loyal fans that could withstand a rebuilding (like we are doing).

I guess not.........

Flyers can't contend until the find the answer in goal. Here's a stroll down memory lane for all those names you've forgotten. https://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/PHI/goalies.html
All downhill after Parent and Lindbergh. Larry Brooks used to make fun of the goalies they choose and those they passed over as FAs in the 1990's and 2000's, not sure how many of you remember those barbs.

i appreciated the opportunity to look up lehigh valley phantom stats for carter hart. 12 games, gaa 3.61, sv% .884. has the hype for a teenager, see how he develops

He played exceptionally well against us...I think it was preseason and his positioning was fantastic.

Don?t know much else about him though.

Archived