• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Recall Tim Gettinger from HFD

Phil

Maybe the team's play of late will begin to inspire him and light a fire at some point. Miss what he used to be. Maybe just one too many of his friends got traded

It was around this time last season that some guys started to sense a sell off. Some played tight - as they were afraid to be traded, while others (Nash and Grabner) played their asses off in hopes to stay in NY.

The names we’ve discussed have been Hayes (stepping up), Zuccarello (Hurt - jury out), Fast (not the same Fast, IMO), Spooner (horrible - gone), Namestnikov (stepped up)

Hopefully Quinn has a better control over this than AV. But we’ll have to see more from Zuccarello on a regular basis, regardless, but the looming UFA might be playing with his head.

Hope we can continue to bring in young guys to push the vets to improve, or push them out.

Fogarty, Howden, Hayes, Zibenajad?all 6?3? and above and none registered a single hit in the game. Hope this kids plays physical and makes good use of his 6?6? size.

Also for what I here Nieves has looked really good in Hartford?just as good if not better than both Fogarty and Gettinger.( must be that we are looking at what we have down in Hartford?for future trade purposes).

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Fogarty, Howden, Hayes, Zibenajad—all 6’3” and above and none registered a single hit in the game. Hope this kids plays physical and makes good use of his 6’6” size.

Also for what I here Nieves has looked really good in Hartford—just as good if not better than both Fogarty and Gettinger.( must be that we are looking at what we have down in Hartford—for future trade purposes).

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Yeah, you're gonna be disappointed. He's a Brian Boyle-type.

Indeed, but, he played 230+ NHL games, then had a long, lucrative career in Switzerland.

Do we think Gettinger is anymore than that? I don't. If I'm Tim Gettinger I'm pretty happy with that.

Exactly, he was what a fifth round pick? Play hard, be responsible, limit your mistakes, and chip in the occasional goal. If he can earn a role on the 4th line that would be a good pick. Maybe even give that big body a chance to stand in front of the goalie on the 2nd PP unit.

Only him?

What time is the Pack game? Will he dress?

I thought he was fine for his first game. The line was decent, got no ice time, though. All three still to tentative. Guys need to go for it on this stage, in the current state of the team

Archived