• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Cody McLeod Out With Fractured Hand

Phil

I'm not about to call Cody McLeod a good NHL hockey player, but I have to say he has been effective at times. If you watch his couple shifts last night it's pretty clear to me that the Islander Dmen were keenly aware of his presence on the ice and were attempting to shuffle dump ins quickly to avoid the 225 pounds of insane Scotsman honing in on them.

His fight was BS, he didn't want to fight and because of that apprehension he took a licking but I'm pretty confident he could turn the tables on that no name scrub given another opportunity.

I'm not about to call Cody McLeod a good NHL hockey player, but I have to say he has been effective at times. If you watch his couple shifts last night it's pretty clear to me that the Islander Dmen were keenly aware of his presence on the ice and were attempting to shuffle dump ins quickly to avoid the 225 pounds of insane Scotsman honing in on them.

His fight was BS, he didn't want to fight and because of that apprehension he took a licking but I'm pretty confident he could turn the tables on that no name scrub given another opportunity.

Agree with all of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

He broke the hand early in the fight, you can tell.

I think a replacement of similar mentally makes sense, and Belesky makes the most sense to me. Scored 2 last night for the pack and seems to have recovered from his pre season injury, where I thought he played well.

Completely agree with the comments re McLeod though. Was starting to be less of a burden and more impactful in the right way, albeit still not much.

I think a replacement of similar mentally makes sense, and Belesky makes the most sense to me. Scored 2 last night for the pack and seems to have recovered from his pre season injury, where I thought he played well.

Completely agree with the comments re McLeod though. Was starting to be less of a burden and more impactful in the right way, albeit still not much.

I would love to see Beleskey on the 4th line. Not to have him fight, just the physical presence and give Andersson someone to pass to that will be able to make a play. I love joking about McLeod, but he has done what he's been asked to do and I think he adds that character that JG talks of.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived