Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Time for a Changing of the Guard?

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    Somehow I think Espo is still doing TB games.

I don't carry the sentimental value that Sam brings, I think the speed of the game has passed him by and I find myself addicted to pointing out his gaffes. Hoping he moves along soon but I highly doubt it.
    I hear ya JS. It's just becoming more and more evident every game now. That's kinda the reason for the thread. Sam during his hey day was simply great....and yes he's a legendary Rangers Broadcaster in every sense of the word. But nowadays I feel he's the 20,000 pound elephant in the room.

I think the crew is right; I suppose it's his job to lose at this point, and I can only guess they have no one else in mind to take his place at this point.

Senior Member Midget Division
    After JD left was there any reason why Joe Micheletti got the TV job over Dave Maloney?
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Beer Leaguer Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post

I've heard John Gianone, and I think he's pretty capable. His goal calls are pretty decent and he's only about a half second behind the play call...which is leaps better than what we're getting now. I don't mind Micheletti, and I think he's actually holding the broadcast together right now. Who knows, maybe even another announcer...but I think they gotta do something up there!

What do you think, fellas?
    Giannone sucks. Please no not him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Lothbrok View Post
    I've met Giannone several times. He's like the nicest dude on Earth, and I wish him all the best. My understanding from talking to him is that the job is his to lose. That said, I think it would be a colossal mistake. He just doesn't have the voice for it. It's all about the voice when it comes to broadcasting for me. I would absolutely take Kenny Albert and Dave Maloney for that exact reason.

Don't ever leave Sam. Don't ever leave. Don't stick us with Jay-G, please.
    I just threw up in my mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley View Post
    This is the worst news of 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Seriously

Senior Member Bantam Division

Time for a Changing of the Guard?

What did Duguay do to get the boot? Though I read something about some kind of sexist comment? Hes still out and about with Rangers fans.
    Last edited by 4EverRangerFrank; 12-02-2018 at 11:16 AM.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    What did Duguay do to get the boot? Though I read something about some kind of sexist comment? Hes still out and about with Rangers fans.
    He cut his hair, which was apparently all the source of his powers.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    I will say one thing for certain....

After watching the Vic Hadfield ceremony last night, I have to say that Sam Rosen is one of the best Master of Ceremonies I've heard. He has a great touch with on the mic, and his voice inflection is genuine. Even though I'm sure all the info is written down, he has a delivery that is second to none.

I really liked the event last night and it was great to see all those guys I grew up watching as a little kid.

Good Christ! Teddy Irvine, Jimmy "The Chief" Neilsen and even Billy Fairbairn!!! I almost peed myself!!

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    I will say one thing for certain....

After watching the Vic Hadfield ceremony last night, I have to say that Sam Rosen is one of the best Master of Ceremonies I've heard. He has a great touch with on the mic, and his voice inflection is genuine. Even though I'm sure all the info is written down, he has a delivery that is second to none.

I really liked the event last night and it was great to see all those guys I grew up watching as a little kid.

Good Christ! Teddy Irvine, Jimmy "The Chief" Neilsen and even Billy Fairbairn!!! I almost peed myself!!
    I'm with you on this Ozzy Sam was very good last night and loved seeing the players I used to watch also.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    Giannone sucks. Please no not him.

I just threw up in my mouth.

Seriously
    No,if that is the case ,I want Sam until he is 100 years old

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123