• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Time for a Changing of the Guard?

Ozzy

Ok, now that the team has initiated their "rebuild", how about a little change in the broadcast booth?

I think Sam Rosen has had his chance but to tell you quite frankly boys and girls, I think the time has come to get a new "Voice of the Rangers". I'm just curious to see if I'm the only one trying filter out his "Play by Play". Sam was once very good, but I think it's high time to give someone else a try up there.

I've heard John Gianone, and I think he's pretty capable. His goal calls are pretty decent and he's only about a half second behind the play call...which is leaps better than what we're getting now. I don't mind Micheletti, and I think he's actually holding the broadcast together right now. Who knows, maybe even another announcer...but I think they gotta do something up there!

What do you think, fellas?

Ok, now that the team has initiated their "rebuild", how about a little change in the broadcast booth?

I think Sam Rosen has had his chance but to tell you quite frankly boys and girls, I think the time has come to get a new "Voice of the Rangers". I'm just curious to see if I'm the only one trying filter out his "Play by Play". Sam was once very good, but I think it's high time to give someone else a try up there.

I've heard John Gianone, and I think he's pretty capable. His goal calls are pretty decent and he's only about a half second behind the play call...which is leaps better than what we're getting now. I don't mind Micheletti, and I think he's actually holding the broadcast together right now. Who knows, maybe even another announcer...but I think they gotta do something up there!

What do you think, fellas?

Don't like the announcer/s? That's what the mute button is for.

http://criesnlaughter.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/165929723-no-yelling-gettyimages.jpg

giphy.gif

Sam will retire when he's ready. Guy is a fucking legend.

/thread

No doubt. And he should be given all the runway he wants to get there. Just like Rick Jeanneret, for example. But I am excited for a new leaf when we get there. My hope is Kenny and Dave. They're phenomenal on the radio or NBC broadcasts. Really work well off one another.

No doubt. And he should be given all the runway he wants to get there. Just like Rick Jeanneret, for example. But I am excited for a new leaf when we get there. My hope is Kenny and Dave. They're phenomenal on the radio or NBC broadcasts. Really work well off one another.

That's actually a pretty good combo there. I've heard them do their thing, and Maloney is especially good with color commentary.

Sam will retire when he's ready. Guy is a fucking legend./thread
Agreed...and a nice guy....I schmoozed with him a few months ago in a local Dunkin Donuts. Very nice guy, I think he is the same today as 1994 when we won the Cup.

I hated when JD left, but John M. grows on you. They're a solid team. I listen to other team's broadcasters on Siriux XM -- try it, you won't believe the crap that passes for passionate announcers in other cities.

He and Kenny together just work so well given how long they've been together on radio.

Agreed Phil. I'd love to hear a new voice up in the booth. Sam's losing it in my eyes and I don't enjoy watching his legacy go to pieces. His play calling has been off and we're lucky when he gets the players' names right these days. Even the goal calls have been off.

"He shoots, and it hits the post...oh wait, it's in!"...

I'm not saying the guy's a bad guy, or that he hasn't had a legendary career. I just would like to see someone else get a chance to be the new guy up there.

Sam is terrible.

Wash your mouth.

It's a POWER PLAY goal! A foreigner whose name I cannot pronounce but I'll take a swing at anyway takes a shot! A guy I have mixed up with someone else is on the puck! Although I can't see the puck, WHERE IS IT!

Gotta love the old bastard.

Sam will retire when he's ready. Guy is a fucking legend.

/thread

Absolutely this 100%

Archived