Thread: O'Rourke Receives Invite to Visit Iowa from Democratic Party in Des Moines

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend

O'Rourke Receives Invite to Visit Iowa from Democratic Party in Des Moines

Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-Texas) has reportedly received an invitation to visit the Polk County Democratic Party in Des Moines, Iowa — the state that hosts the first presidential nominating contest of 2020.

According to the Dallas Morning News, the Democratic Party in Des Moines, which is home to one-third of the state’s Democratic voters, extended the invitation to O’Rourke on Monday.

“We would love to host him,” Sean Bagniewski, the chairman of the Polk County Democratic Party, told the publication. “He was unapologetically progressive. He’s a young face. He wasn’t afraid to be himself. Democrats are often very poll-tested, very consultant-driven. He was more authentic in a way that people haven’t seen since Barack Obama, so he connected with people nationwide in ways that some of our more cautious political leaders haven’t.”

O'Rourke has not responded to the invitation, according to the publication.

“It’s real. In Iowa, everybody knows the next person that they want to meet, and by far he is the No. 1 person that’s being requested right now — volunteers, elected officials, our membership base,” Bagniewski continued. “Everybody right now is asking for Beto.”
    https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...-amid-talks-of

--

It's still crazy early for 2020, and we're due a slew of Senators who'll announce their candidacies over the next little while, but given all Beto was able to do in Texas alone, I'm all in on this guy. And this says nothing of his national appeal, either, where he generated a ton of small campaign contributions from New York, California, and all over the country.

The fact he was able to take 50% of the independent vote in a state as red as Texas speaks volumes, too. He also took, I think, 7% of the Republican vote there. If you extrapolate that out, he doesn't just beat Trump, he takes the Presidency with force.

But most of all, I think given what the Dems have to offer at the moment, he's inarguably the most genuine option who can resonate outside the major Metro cities. I think that would play incredibly well for him on the big stage.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Growing Member Bantam Division
    I just feel like if Trump rails on him in "He couldn't even beat slimy Ted Cruz", he wouldn't have a shot.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by McDougalfaschnitzer View Post
    I just feel like if Trump rails on him in "He couldn't even beat slimy Ted Cruz", he wouldn't have a shot.
    I don't think anyone gives a shit about what Trump says other than his base. Dems have overwhelming support right now nationwide. This election was a disaster for the Republicans even though they've tried to spin it as a "split" which it clearly wasn't. People are tired of it. Beto would be a very interesting candidate for the Dems, who are under a lot of pressure to get this one right.
    GORTON 2020

Quote Originally Posted by McDougalfaschnitzer View Post
    Only if he gets caught up in Trump's hit-for-hit tactics, which he avoided entirely during his campaign with Cruz. He focused entirely on the issues and even visited every single county in Texas.

The issues matter. They drove the blue wave in the midterms. They can do the same, multiplied over, in the Presidential.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    I don't think anyone gives a shit about what Trump says other than his base. Dems have overwhelming support right now nationwide. This election was a disaster for the Republicans even though they've tried to spin it as a "split" which it clearly wasn't. People are tired of it. Beto would be a very interesting candidate for the Dems, who are under a lot of pressure to get this one right.
    Yup. And he strikes on the authenticity factor big time. Like Hope era Obama, except actually progressive and left of center. It's crazy to think that Obama was actually something of a Rockefeller Republican. Especially by comparison to Beto, who doesn't need coaxing on things like marriage equality.

https://www.isidewith.com/candidates/beto-orourke-2

- John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Yup. And he strikes on the authenticity factor big time. Like Hope era Obama, except actually progressive and left of center. It's crazy to think that Obama was actually something of a Rockefeller Republican. Especially by comparison to Beto, who doesn't need coaxing on things like marriage equality.

https://www.isidewith.com/candidates/beto-orourke-2

See, to conservatives, Obama was quite progressive. Robert Francis is even worse though, because he has SO much more pressure to follow a Sanders/Warren-esque platform. He also has potential to win in purple states/Texas.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk