• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

LAK Trade F Tanner Pearson to PIT for F Carl Hagelin

Phil

I'd take Hags back, rebuild or not, in a flash. Losing him was a pivotal moment in our decline. He will indeed be traded again at the deadline. The Kings may be in a position this February very close to where the Rangers were last year. It will be very interesting to see if they go all in on a rebuild. They've still got loads of players that contenders would like to have.

I'd take Hags back, rebuild or not, in a flash. Losing him was a pivotal moment in our decline. He will indeed be traded again at the deadline. The Kings may be in a position this February very close to where the Rangers were last year. It will be very interesting to see if they go all in on a rebuild. They've still got loads of players that contenders would like to have.

You would? I feel he would be redundant to Fast at this point and Fast does it more cheaply.

Hagelin was cap casualty. He priced himself out of NY with a playoff goal. And he hasnt produced like he did in NY.

Likeable guy, but oh well. Not a huge loss

He was awesome and made a major impact for the Pens in his first cup. I watched most of the Pens games after they acquired him. Anyone who tells you different did not watch the games. One of the few players on the PK who can cover two players. One of the best defensive forecheckers in the game. Super reliable defensively and was key for us and Pens, in the last minutes.

His effort and determination made him a true winner. Not a coincidence that he helped us get to the finals and won 2 cups. He didn't price himself out of NY, Sather was just a schmuck and did not want offer Hags the 3.5 mil Cam Atkinson got. Slats undervalued Hags and Stralman because they weren't big names and due to poor self scouting. He also waited till after the season when their value rose. Decided to give big deals to G, Staal and Hank instead. Plus sign a semi-retired Boyle to a big 2 year deal.

LA needs speed desperately.

Archived