Thread: George R.R. Martin admits he's "struggling" with 'The Winds of Winter'

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend

George R.R. Martin admits he's "struggling" with 'The Winds of Winter'

“I’ve been struggling with it for a few years,” he said. “The Winds of Winter is not so much a novel as a dozen novels, each with a different protagonist, each having a different cast of supporting players, antagonists, allies and lovers around them, and all of these weaving together against the march of time in an extremely complex fashion. So it’s very, very challenging.”

He added, “The show has achieved such popularity around the world, the books have been so popular and so well reviewed, that every time I sit down I’m very conscious I have to do something great, and trying to do something great is a considerable weight to bear. On the other hand, once I really get rolling, I get into the world. The rest of the world vanishes, and I don’t care what I’m having for dinner, what movies are on, what my email says or who’s mad at me this week because The Winds of Winter isn’t out”—sorry about that, George!—“all that is gone and I’m just living in the world I’m writing about. But it’s sometimes hard to get to that almost trance state.”

The good news is that the fire that’s perhaps been flickering these past several years is now burning brightly, as Martin says he’s making the book a priority. “The Winds of Winter is next,” he said, “then I’ll decide what comes after that – whether it’s to go on to A Dream of Spring, the last one, or whether I switch back into Fire and Blood II, do another Dunk and Egg story or two. But I’ll worry about that one thing at a time – that’s too far ahead.”
    https://news.avclub.com/george-r-r-m...mpression=true
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division
    He's gonna die before finishing A Dream of Spring

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    As I understand it, Martin shared his vision of an ending with the showrunners years ago when they agreed to take this to series, so the ending of the show is likely to be the same as the books. It's the path to getting there that's changed for TV. So all in all, given I have no faith whatsoever he'll even finish The Winds of Winter, let alone A Dream of Spring, I'm good with whatever happens.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    As I understand it, Martin shared his vision of an ending with the showrunners years ago when they agreed to take this to series, so the ending of the show is likely to be the same as the books. It's the path to getting there that's changed for TV. So all in all, given I have no faith whatsoever he'll even finish The Winds of Winter, let alone A Dream of Spring, I'm good with whatever happens.
    So what is the purpose of writing the books ? And you could be correct he'll never finish the last 2 of the series which I'm ok with.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

#BringZuccsBack Pee-Wee Division rangers02's Avatar
    He's too busy working on lesser books than focusing on his Magnum Opus and there has been conflicts between him and the producers of GOT

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    #KakkoSzn