Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jim Rutherford Blasts Penguins' Poor Start, Threatens Changes

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    What trade value do you actually think Sprong has? The guy has done absolutely nothing at the NHL level and can't earn ice time on a team that has like 4 legitimate top-9 wingers. His value is lower than what Domi's was when he got traded.

The only way Pitt gets a better return than a player like Vesey is a reclamation or another unproven player who might be a better fit (Werek for Lindberg).
    I honestly don't know but I'm pretty sure Vesey's trade value is very low. Domi returned Galchenyuk who is a vastly superior player to Vesey so I'm not sure that is a great example.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    I honestly don't know but I'm pretty sure Vesey's trade value is very low. Domi returned Galchenyuk who is a vastly superior player to Vesey so I'm not sure that is a great example.
    Yeah, Domi had an excellent rookie year. That was a trade of two young troubled vets, though Domi's trouble was more on the ice.

Sprong has only impressed in the A, but hasn't done it here. Vesey has, he can be a regular 3rd liner. Pitt would jump at this deal..

Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post

Sprong has only impressed in the A, but hasn't done it here. Vesey has, he can be a regular 3rd liner. Pitt would jump at this deal..
    They would not imo.
    Pronman's take from just before the season started:

HIGH-END NHL PROSPECT

1. Daniel Sprong, RW, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton-AHL

Sprong was one of the most dangerous offensive players in the AHL this season and looked good in a brief call-up for the Penguins. He has all the components you want in a top scorer. Sprong is a high-end skater and puck handler who can push the pace. He’s also an intelligent offensive player with the creativity, instincts and vision to make tough plays. There are times he tries to do too much, but the good significantly outweighs the bad. Sprong also has one of the best shots outside the NHL. His game off the puck has never been a selling point. He’s not very physical and frustrates coaches at times, but he also puts up numbers wherever he goes.
    I'm going to lean on Pronman here. I don't see them trading a guy of this description for Vesey. And I don't think they'll need to, as somebody else will offer better.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    They would not imo.
    Pronman's take from just before the season started:

I'm going to lean on Pronman here. I don't see them trading a guy of this description for Vesey. And I don't think they'll need to, as somebody else will offer better.
    This stopped being relevant the second Sprong couldn't get 10:00 per game in the NHL. There are lots of guys who score in the AHL and can't produce in the NHL, and even though I like Sprong, he's trending towards that group.

Senior Member Bantam Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Ethan Werek now tearing it up in Czech League.

I have a cousin played in his division in the 'O' I was all excited for a scouting report after we drafted him response I got was essentially "Look for him at a SPHL franchise near you"

lol.. Bang on.
    SPHL?

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Southern Professional Hockey League

Or, among the players it's referred to as the Shouldn't Play Hockey League

This stopped being relevant the second Sprong couldn't get 10:00 per game in the NHL. There are lots of guys who score in the AHL and can't produce in the NHL, and even though I like Sprong, he's trending towards that group.
    He’s 21. It’s a bit early in the day to be that categorically dismissive about his chances to produce at NHL level. We’ll see I guess. My money says they get something decent for him.
    Last edited by Gravesy; 11-19-2018 at 12:43 PM.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Nicklas Jensen 2.0

Senior Member Bantam Division
    or is it Emerson Etem 2.0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12