Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: White House Suspend CNNís Acosta Following Testy Exchange With Trump

Senior Member Mite Division NY Chief's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RodrigueGabriel View Post
    If you're going to just declare that, you might as well give some grounds as to why you think it's true.

I mean, I think the main weakness in CNN's First Amendment case is partly what I said earlier. Not only does the White House as an institution barter access for good coverage, it has long had the ability to exclude outlets from briefings that it does not deem credible, that engage in hate speech, etc. On the flip side, I don't think that has ever extended to individual reporters from outlets that are otherwise given access as credible. While I'm sure the President would want the Justice Dept. to argue that CNN is "fake news" and thus not credible, I doubt that would have legs. Then they would have to explain why they target just one reporter.

In any case, I think a judge will rule on it at about 3 PM. So we may actually hear something based on the arguments.
    See post right above this

Senior Member Mite Division RodrigueGabriel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Chief View Post
    He can get that information from all his cronies who DID not get the boot for being a condescending, unprofessional, grand standing, combative jackass. 1A does NOT say all journalists have guaranteed right to unfettered access to govt officials. 1A ONLY says he has the right to bitch about it all he wants. That's ALL it says. And he sure does bitch and whine every chance he gets.
    BTW, there is NOTHING in the Constitution (or ANYWHERE else) that says the Admin HAS to give press briefings in the first place.

Cute on "militia" BS.
    Sorry this came in as I was writing.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    He can get that information from all his cronies who DID NOT get the boot for being a condescending, unprofessional, grand standing, combative jackass. 1A does NOT say all journalists have guaranteed right to unfettered access to govt officials. 1A ONLY says he has the right to bitch about it all he wants. That's ALL it says. And he sure does bitch and whine every chance he gets.
    BTW, there is NOTHING in the Constitution (or ANYWHERE else) that says the Admin HAS to give press briefings in the first place.

Cute on "militia" BS.
    Of course it's BS because, you're caught.

He can't get the info from his cronies! They're biased! The only way to hear verbatim is to be right in front of Trump when he lies.

Senior Member Bantam Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    If he loses his case, maybe you guys have an argument, but Jim Acosta has not been silenced in the public square, just in the White House, which can take another CNN reporter in his place. It's not like CNN is denied access entirely.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by AliveIn94 View Post
    If he loses his case, maybe you guys have an argument, but Jim Acosta has not been silenced in the public square, just in the White House, which can take another CNN reporter in his place. It's not like CNN is denied access entirely.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Not yet.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Banned Midget Division
    oh come on, phil. shy is falling! it's trump, not putin

Do you honestly believe if he wouldn't be all but unilaterally condemned for it, not to mention sued (or even impeached), that he wouldn't bar CNN yesterday if given the opportunity? He hates them to his core.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

Banned Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Do you honestly believe if he wouldn't be all but unilaterally condemned for it, not to mention sued (or even impeached), that he wouldn't bar CNN yesterday if given the opportunity? He hates them to his core.
    he can hate them all he wants. this is still America, a land of laws

That doesn't answer my question.

Do you believe, if he could avoid the consequences, he wouldn't ban the network entirely?
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Of course it's BS because, you're caught.

He can't get the info from his cronies! They're biased! The only way to hear verbatim is to be right in front of Trump when he lies.
    "Miltia" to defend against a tyrannical govt does NOT equate to any of the armed forces branches. Exactly why the founders put it in.

So you admit it! Acosta's cronies (April Ryan, Jeff Zeleny, Athena Jones and Sara Murray. Jeremy Diamond, Stephen Collinson, Kate Bennett ) ARE BIASED!! And as full of shit as CNN. But they are still in front of Trump so again. No 1A violation.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    If he kicks CNN out, how would Phil know what to be scared of???
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

And what grounds would the impeachment be based on? Show me the law that says the Admin MUST hold press briefings. And the law that says who should be included.

Yeah, I actually read more than one news source, so really, I'm good. Appreciate your patronization, though.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend
    "Miltia" to defend against a tyrannical govt does NOT equate to any of the armed forces branches. Exactly why the founders put it in.
    DO you have a gun? Are you in the militia? When do you drill?

So you admit it! Acosta's cronies (April Ryan, Jeff Zeleny, Athena Jones and Sara Murray. Jeremy Diamond, Stephen Collinson, Kate Bennett ) ARE BIASED!! And as full of shit as CNN. But they are still in front of Trump so again. No 1A violation.
    False. Hard stop.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    If he kicks CNN out, how would Phil know what to be scared of???
    He can just read this thread, see who's saying what, and get a pretty good sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    DO you have a gun? Are you in the militia? When do you drill?

False. Hard stop.
    "He can't get the info from his cronies!"

Ummm, oops....your words not mine. They ARE his cronies.

None of your biz on the other

Banned Midget Division
    That doesn't answer my question.

Do you believe, if he could avoid the consequences, he wouldn't ban the network entirely?
    if he could avoid the consequences? sure. but that's like with anyone else. im sure Obama would've love to shut down FOX news if he could when he was prez., or Clinton the whole republican party. does not change the fact that they cant.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    *screams*
    THAT-THREAD
    SUCKS!
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567