Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: White House Suspend CNNís Acosta Following Testy Exchange With Trump

Senior Member Mite Division NY Chief's Avatar
    Man, how prescient was the All in the Family theme song?

Those Were The Days
    Boy, the way Glenn Miller played
    Songs that made the hit parade
    Guys like us, we had it made
    Those were the days!

And you knew where you were then
    Girls were girls, and men were men
    Mister, we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again

Didn't need no welfare state
    Everybody pulled his weight
    Gee, our old LaSalle ran great
    Those were the days!

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobberknocker View Post
    i've worked for a japanese company for 32 years. you'd have a hard time getting a library card over there never mind a mortgage if your not 5'3 and rocking black hair.

Race is a whole other issue in my mind. I really believed the election of Obama was going to put an end to race in this country, but it wound up going the other way.

P.C. culture and Social media lend a platform to hysteria at the first trip up in saying something wrong whether racially intended or not. Everyone is quite easily offended these days.

Imagine if mel brooks made blazing saddles today.
    Some folks just couldn't handle a black president.

Banned Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    This part I agree with. I just don't agree that everything that preceded it amounts to the degree the White House says it did.
    obviously they're trying to magnify it. the other side is trying to downplay it. its all understandable

Senior Member Mite Division Bieser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobberknocker View Post
    this thread is really what political discussion has come to these days. i'm right, your wrong.... not only are you wrong but your a fucking idiot to boot.

the media, both sides see trump as a ratings bonanza. he is literally 24/7. if you hate him you watch cnn/msnbc, you love him its fox/oan.

there has been violence on both sides, and no want to understand what the other side holds important.

he lost the popular vote, but his message resonated with many people in this country who felt left behind. the right cow tows to big corporations. the left cow tows to the intellectual (so called elite) and hollywood set.

fact is that there are many people in this country who were hurting and felt left behind. rust belt, coal mine areas and such, hell you cant even get clean water out of a tap in flint, which should be a right.

My greatest fear, is that what gets us out of this me vs you deathgrip will be someone doing something drastically stupid that causes a tremendous loss of life, and i'm not talking about 12 people getting shot up in a bar or the almost one mass shooting per day in this country that has taken place this last year.

Maybe the good people of this country need to start a grass movement of sorts to get a healthy debate and acceptance of political views back on the right path in this country, that's inclusive to all walks of communities.

There used to be a brotherhood week in this country that took place in february. not sure when it was phased out but i think it needs to be phased back in.

bottom line is that we are better as a nation than what we are currently displaying
    Yeah. Great post. Now Iím going to subtly insinuate that CNN/FOX is the problemÖ.the Obama / Trump supporters just donít get it.
    In 1994 I thought I could die in peace...now I'm hungry again.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    CNN/FOX and a huge part of the media have completely transitioned to ďOpinion News.Ē Gone are the days of reporting ďjust the facts, maím.Ē This, Iím really tired of. Iím tuning in to hear about what happened ó not what I should think about what happened. And therein lies the rub.

Too many of us, our fellow citizens, are willing to give up their own thought process, the deduction of circumstances and applied reasoning to get a better picture of reality for themselves. Instead they gorge on the fact-feast being put up by the popular media outlets. Have they found the holy grail of increased ratings through this method? IDK

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Chief View Post
    Man, how prescient was the All in the Family theme song?

Those Were The Days
    Boy, the way Glenn Miller played
    Songs that made the hit parade
    Guys like us, we had it made
    Those were the days!

And you knew where you were then
    Girls were girls, and men were men
    Mister, we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again

Didn't need no welfare state
    Everybody pulled his weight
    Gee, our old LaSalle ran great
    Those were the days!
    I'm sure many in Archie's demographic feel this way. Hence Orange in Chief.

In Vigneault, Veritas BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm sure many in Archie's demographic feel this way. Hence Orange in Chief.
    It's crazy editorializing and revisionist history, imo. Herbert Hoover was UNQUESTIONABLY the worst president of the 20th century and single-handedly accelerated, exacerbated, and enabled the Great Depression. We sure as shit need that again.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    CNN/FOX and a huge part of the media have completely transitioned to “Opinion News.” Gone are the days of reporting “just the facts, ma’m.” This, I’m really tired of. I’m tuning in to hear about what happened — not what I should think about what happened. And therein lies the rub.

Too many of us, our fellow citizens, are willing to give up their own thought process, the deduction of circumstances and applied reasoning to get a better picture of reality for themselves. Instead they gorge on the fact-feast being put up by the popular media outlets. Have they found the holy grail of increased ratings through this method? IDK
    The biggest problem with what's happening with Trump and the media is that people are starting to tune out the media because of this thinking. They want to be spoon-fed information instead of doing some digging on the greatest tool for free-flowing information there is it's called the internet. The fact that people consider MSM to be a choice between FOX and CNN is mind boggling. Al Jazeera, AP and Rueters will give you just the facts.

What Trump and his cronies is doing by constantly lying and beating the drum that the media is the enemy, there are alternative facts, truth isn't truth, is making his base not care about what's really going on. That's why you see the phenomenon that I said before...CNN can report water is wet and the right will say it's #fakenews.

These are indeed dark times.

Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    It's crazy editorializing and revisionist history, imo. Herbert Hoover was UNQUESTIONABLY the worst president of the 20th century and single-handedly accelerated, exacerbated, and enabled the Great Depression. We sure as shit need that again.
    Yea but gays were suppressed, blacks had no rights, women were in the kitchen, so it was Nirvana.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Fox News can report water is wet and the left will say it's #fauxnews.
    See, it goes both ways.

If CNN and Fox News can't be trusted by all because of their political leanings, then I guess it's not a big deal to suspend their reporters from the White House is it?

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    See, it goes both ways.

If CNN and Fox News can't be trusted by all because of their political leanings, then I guess it's not a big deal to suspend their reporters from the White House is it?
    I don't think I know where you're going there...?

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    I don't think I know where you're going there...?
    5 pages of opinionated bickering because a biased, opinionated reporter for a biased network got suspended from the White House. If we can't trust those sources anyway, what's the problem? It's not like an AP reporter got suspended.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    5 pages of opinionated bickering because a biased, opinionated reporter for a biased network got suspended from the White House. If we can't trust those sources anyway, what's the problem? It's not like an AP reporter got suspended.
    Well I didn't say they can't be trusted. I said if you want just the facts with zero slant then go to the AP.

Facts reported with a slant are still facts.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345