Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: White House Suspend CNNís Acosta Following Testy Exchange With Trump

Senior Member Squirt Division NY Chief's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    You clearly have no idea what #metoo is about.

The staffer touched Acosta in an attempt to wrestle the mic from him, she initiated the contact.

We're not talking about Kavanugh. Let's stay on topic and not muddy the waters because one has nothing to do with the other.
    First, you have NO idea what I do or don't know about ANYTHING. So you can just save your breath there. BTW, there are many who DO include violence, use of force against women as part of the #metoo thing, so maybe YOU have no idea what it's about.

She "initiated contact"???? That's too funny!!! Where's the Ref??? He shoulda thrown a flag!!

She was doing HER job taking the mic away after he got his two questions (which he tried to turn into a grandstanding debate) and he forcibly pushed her arm away. Try watching the vid? That IS inappropriate, unprofessional behavior no matter how you try to spin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Fine. I'll pull back on my own rhetoric a moment and ask this: do you believe the White House excuse given for pulling Acosta's credentials is valid?
    Yes. It was clearly unprofessional to bully an intern just trying to her job. In a vacuum, maybe not but we all know Acosta's constant grandstanding and conflict with Sarah Sanders.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Chief View Post
    First, you have NO idea what I do or don't know about ANYTHING. So you can just save your breath there. BTW, there are many who DO include violence, use of force against women as part of the #metoo thing, so maybe YOU have no idea what it's about.

She "initiated contact"???? That's too funny!!! Where's the Ref??? He shoulda thrown a flag!!

She was doing HER job taking the mic away after he got his two questions (which he tried to turn into a grandstanding debate) and he forcibly pushed her arm away. Try watching the vid? That IS inappropriate, unprofessional behavior no matter how you try to spin it.
    I know you don't understand what a #metoo moment is. That's clear.

The White House doctored vid? https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...=.13b246a4ff70

The edited video looks authentic: Acosta appeared to swiftly chop down on the arm of an aide as he held onto a microphone while questioning President Trump. But in the original video, Acosta’s arm appears to move only as a response to a tussle for the microphone. His statement, “Pardon me, ma’am,” is not included in the video Sanders shared.

Critics said that video — which sped up the movement of Acosta’s arms in a way that dramatically changed the journalist’s response — was deceptively edited to score political points. That edited video was first shared by Paul Joseph Watson, known for his conspiracy-theory videos on the far-right website Infowars.

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    The same Paul Joseph Watson who falsely "reported" that the California mass shooter was a middle-eastern man with a beard. No agenda here!
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

I know you don't understand what a #metoo moment is. That's clear.

The White House doctored vid? https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...=.13b246a4ff70
    If you are so all knowing and seeing (as to what I know or don't know) please give me tomorrows winning lottery numbers.

Yeah, I'm lovin this "doctored the vid" shit. That's f'g hilariously STUPID. The "doctoring" was so f'g minimal and does nothing to change the fact of what happened. It was belligerent sped up OR slowed down. Fact remains he pushed her arm away. Just stop trying to defend the prick. He DID it. From that article (WaPo, another bastion of objective, non biased "reporting") "On social media, it has quickly become an object of massive ideological division, in which the same scene is open to very different interpretations"

So don't even try to tell me what mine is.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    If you are so all knowing and seeing (as to what I know or don't know) please give me tomorrows winning lottery numbers.

Yeah, I'm lovin this "doctored the vid" shit. That's f'g hilariously STUPID. The "doctoring" was so f'g minimal and does nothing to change the fact of what happened. It was belligerent sped up OR slowed down. Fact remains he pushed her arm away. Just stop trying to defend the prick. He DID it. From that article (WaPo, another bastion of objective, non biased "reporting") "On social media, it has quickly become an object of massive ideological division, in which the same scene is open to very different interpretations"

So don't even try to tell me what mine is.
    I guess if that's the world you want to live in, there's no much else to say. Bye.

The ideological divide has jumped the shark if it's gotten to the point we can't even agree on shared reality. Sanders' claim that he "put hands on" a white house aide is patently false. This isn't a matter of opinion. He literally didn't do this.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division
    this thread is really what political discussion has come to these days. i'm right, your wrong.... not only are you wrong but your a fucking idiot to boot.

the media, both sides see trump as a ratings bonanza. he is literally 24/7. if you hate him you watch cnn/msnbc, you love him its fox/oan.

there has been violence on both sides, and no want to understand what the other side holds important.

he lost the popular vote, but his message resonated with many people in this country who felt left behind. the right cow tows to big corporations. the left cow tows to the intellectual (so called elite) and hollywood set.

fact is that there are many people in this country who were hurting and felt left behind. rust belt, coal mine areas and such, hell you cant even get clean water out of a tap in flint, which should be a right.

My greatest fear, is that what gets us out of this me vs you deathgrip will be someone doing something drastically stupid that causes a tremendous loss of life, and i'm not talking about 12 people getting shot up in a bar or the almost one mass shooting per day in this country that has taken place this last year.

Maybe the good people of this country need to start a grass movement of sorts to get a healthy debate and acceptance of political views back on the right path in this country, that's inclusive to all walks of communities.

There used to be a brotherhood week in this country that took place in february. not sure when it was phased out but i think it needs to be phased back in.

bottom line is that we are better as a nation than what we are currently displaying
    Acqua in bocca

I guess if that's the world you want to live in, there's no much else to say. Bye.
    C-YA

HNIC BSBH Legend
    The ideological divide has jumped the shark if it's gotten to the point we can't even agree on shared reality. Sanders' claim that he "put hands on" a white house aide is patently false. This isn't a matter of opinion. He literally didn't do this.
    It's remarkable the amount of mental gymnastics involved so that people can cling to the their reality.

You are correct there, Phil. Our society has totally devolved into one side or the other. And it's 50-50 (and this discussion NOT being an accurate representation of the mood of the country)

But, he literally DID touch (put his hands on) the intern. There is no shared reality. It's FACT.

No, he didn't. His arm was crossed with hers nad moved in a barely defensive reflex as she yanked at the microphone. He then immediately, courteously said, "excuse me, ma'am."

In no way does this qualify as "put hands on" — a term that we both know is designed to insinuate assault.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Slobberknocker View Post

My greatest fear, is that what gets us out of this me vs you deathgrip will be someone doing something drastically stupid that causes a tremendous loss of life,
    EXACTLY, and it's being fueled by the hate speech from "leaders" and media types on BOTH sides. It's painfully evident right here in this discussion, attitudes and perceptions of intellectual superiority included. And that something stupid is going to be perceived as being morally justified. ANTIFA / BLM, etc will do something very stupid (AGAIN) and some redneck(s) is gonna say "I had enough of you shoving your bullshit down my throat and Civil War ll will be on. Just a matter of time.
    Last edited by NY Chief; 11-09-2018 at 03:10 PM.

No, he didn't. His arm was crossed with hers nad moved in a barely defensive reflex as she yanked at the microphone. He then immediately, courteously said, "excuse me, ma'am."

In no way does this qualify as "put hands on" — a term that we both know is designed to insinuate assault.
    It was not reflex and it was DEFINITELY NOT courteous. Acosta has shown absolutely NO signs of anything NEAR courtesy or respect in ANY of his WH dealings. And her job IS to "yank" the mic from the reporter after his two "questions" have been addressed. But that couldn't happen because asshat Acosta wanted a debate, not an answer.

Senior Member Midget Division
    2020 is really important. Someone needs to step forward that both sides can rally around. Iím a fiscal conservative but a social lib so Iím speaking from my point of view. Since bush 41 we have not had that quality as a leader in this country. I guess u need to hit rock bottom first as sad as it is too say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Acqua in bocca

Banned Midget Division
    he definitely tried forcibly to swipe her hand away with his left arm. she must've felt it cause she looked at him right as he did it. I wouldn't say he put his hands on her, but he definitely tried to forcibly swipe her hand away, for which he apologized.
    the issue, imo, is not him holding on to the mike, I think its because of his rudeness for not letting others have their turn. He had a lengthy back in fourth with trump, he should've gave up the mike when asked, yet he continued to take swipes at trump. Arent reporters allowed one or two questions and then they have to move on?

Banned Midget Division
    2020 is really important. Someone needs to step forward that both sides can rally around. I’m a fiscal conservative but a social lib so I’m speaking from my point of view. Since bush 41 we have not had that quality as a leader in this country. I guess u need to hit rock bottom first as sad as it is too say

I thought Clinton and Bush 43 were alright. country really got divided and angry with Obama in office

2020 is really important. Someone needs to step forward that both sides can rally around. I’m a fiscal conservative but a social lib so I’m speaking from my point of view. Since bush 41 we have not had that quality as a leader in this country. I guess u need to hit rock bottom first as sad as it is too say

Shit, I'd have to say Kennedy in that case. And he wouldn't get anywhere near that with todays Lib party

HNIC BSBH Legend
    this thread is really what political discussion has come to these days. i'm right, your wrong.... not only are you wrong but your a fucking idiot to boot.

the media, both sides see trump as a ratings bonanza. he is literally 24/7. if you hate him you watch cnn/msnbc, you love him its fox/oan.

there has been violence on both sides, and no want to understand what the other side holds important.

he lost the popular vote, but his message resonated with many people in this country who felt left behind. the right cow tows to big corporations. the left cow tows to the intellectual (so called elite) and hollywood set.

fact is that there are many people in this country who were hurting and felt left behind. rust belt, coal mine areas and such, hell you cant even get clean water out of a tap in flint, which should be a right.

My greatest fear, is that what gets us out of this me vs you deathgrip will be someone doing something drastically stupid that causes a tremendous loss of life, and i'm not talking about 12 people getting shot up in a bar or the almost one mass shooting per day in this country that has taken place this last year.

Maybe the good people of this country need to start a grass movement of sorts to get a healthy debate and acceptance of political views back on the right path in this country, that's inclusive to all walks of communities.

There used to be a brotherhood week in this country that took place in february. not sure when it was phased out but i think it needs to be phased back in.

bottom line is that we are better as a nation than what we are currently displaying
    Great post.

RE: people feeling left behind...I came across a post a conversation on social between 2 girls I went to college with. One girl was lamenting the state of the country and the other responded "Yea, it doesn't even pay to be white in this country anymore." These are some the people who "felt left behind".

RE: The news, we've now crossed over to a world where if CNN reported that the sun rises in the East, some people wouldn't believe it.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    EXACTLY, and it's being fueled by the hate speech from "leaders" and media types on BOTH sides. It's painfully evident right here in this discussion, attitudes and perceptions of intellectual superiority included. And that something stupid is going to be perceived as being morally justified. ANTIFA / BLM, etc will do something very stupid (AGAIN) and some redneck(s) is gonna say "I had enough of you shoving your bullshit down my throat and Civil War ll will be on. Just a matter of time.
    Or someone will send a pipe bomb to Obama....Nah, that's not worth discussing. Just that "what if ANTIFA does something..."

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast