Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: White House Suspend CNNís Acosta Following Testy Exchange With Trump

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Jim Acosta

So I don’t care.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Mite Division NY Chief's Avatar
    It's NOT a 1A violation as all the other press folks are still there and Acosta has not been silenced ( as evidenced by his whining on TV later). CNN is FULL OF SHIT "news" (as left biased as the NY and LA Slimes and PMSNBC, et al) and Acosta is a f'g disrespectful, self important asssssshat. He got what he deserved.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    The right is out in full force it seems
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    The right is out in full force it seems
    Like the leftist mob storming Tucker Carlson's house?

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    My bad, I thought that was a racist issue.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Chief View Post
    It's NOT a 1A violation as all the other press folks are still there and Acosta has not been silenced ( as evidenced by his whining on TV later). CNN is FULL OF SHIT "news" (as left biased as the NY and LA Slimes and PMSNBC, et al) and Acosta is a f'g disrespectful, self important asssssshat. He got what he deserved.
    So if, also based on a lie, Trump decided to revoke the credentials of all of CNN, The New York Times, and The Washington Post, it wouldn't be a 1A violation because ABC and NBC were still allowed in the building? As I mentioned earlier, this is missing the forest for the trees becuase this entire debacle occurred clearly based on the personal feelings POTUS has for CNN and Acosta as a person. Which speaks volumes about his psychological projection, mind you, but that's a story for another day.

I do find it hilariously ironic though that you refer to Acosta as a "disrespectful, self important asshole" while seemingly coming to the defense of Donald Trump.

Like the leftist mob storming Tucker Carlson's house?
    Whataboutism.

But if you're looking for consistency, I'll happily speak for the left when I say it's unacceptable behavior that should not happen. I'll even do you one more. Antifa are garbage human beings who have distorted a righteous cause — fighting facism — by using facistic tactics to achieve it.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    So if, also based on a lie, Trump decided to revoke the credentials of all of CNN, The New York Times, and The Washington Post, it wouldn't be a 1A violation because ABC and NBC were still allowed in the building? As I mentioned earlier, this is missing the forest for the trees becuase this entire debacle occurred clearly based on the personal feelings POTUS has for CNN and Acosta as a person. Which speaks volumes about his psychological projection, mind you, but that's a story for another day.

I do find it hilariously ironic though that you refer to Acosta as a "disrespectful, self important asshole" while seemingly coming to the defense of Donald Trump.

Whataboutism.

But if you're looking for consistency, I'll happily speak for the left when I say it's unacceptable behavior that should not happen. I'll even do you one more. Antifa are garbage human beings who have distorted a righteous cause — fighting facism — by using facistic tactics to achieve it.
    Well, technically as I understand it, there is NO requirement for ANY press briefings. It's done out of courtesy, exposure, communication, etc so YES Trump (or any other pres could in fact ban ALL press and media and it would not be a 1A violation. Censoring the channel broadcast or printed media would be. Acosta had been completely unprofessional, disruptive, intentionally combative. If a Fox news correspondent talked to Obama like that the left would erupt in flames and you know it. I never defended Trumps bombast and yes he is a rude, arrogant ego maniac ass. But it's HIS briefing. I would have smacked Acosta a long time ago myself. Two wrongs don't make a right but again Acosta has been pushing for this for a long time.

And I'm glad to hear you do denounce the fringe left violence and agree ANTIFA IS fascist

Fine. I'll pull back on my own rhetoric a moment and ask this: do you believe the White House excuse given for pulling Acosta's credentials is valid?
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend
    If a Fox news correspondent talked to Obama like that the left would erupt in flames and you know it.
    Firstly, why even bring something like that up? That's not what happened, so it doesn't matter. No one said anything other than Acosta got his creds stripped for a bullshit reason.

Secondly, if it happened and Obama stripped the reporter of their badge for the same reason Acosta was stripped, I'd have still called it bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Firstly, why even bring something like that up? That's not what happened, so it doesn't matter. No one said anything other than Acosta got his creds stripped for a bullshit reason.

Secondly, if it happened and Obama stripped the reporter of their badge for the same reason Acosta was stripped, I'd have still called it bullshit.
    But whatabout "whataboutism"? :-oooooo

And Acosta got his creds stripped for a very good reason. Not bullshit at all

HNIC BSBH Legend
    But whatabout "whataboutism"? :-oooooo
    That's exactly what it is

And Acosta got his creds stripped for a very good reason. Not bullshit at all
    You consider an "assault" that never happened a good reason?

Of course, no bias there!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    That's exactly what it is

You consider an "assault" that never happened a good reason?

Of course, no bias there!
    Bias? What about :-)))) hypocrisy?

I myself saw Acosta rudely push the girls arm away with a snidely stated "pardon me, mam". Contact was clearly made. No press member should ever have a reason to touch a WH staffer, especially in todays hysteric #metoo environment. Clear evidence yet Blasey Ford had NO evidence and the left was ready to lynch Kavanaugh. Ellison's victim produced photographic evidence of abuse... the left says not a word. How many pics have we seen of creepy Uncle Joe feeling women up? And of course there's BJ Bill's wandering cigar.

There's whataboutism with a heavy dose of hypocrisy

Cant have it both ways

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Assault? Lmao she should get 2 minutes for diving if theyíre going with that story.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by So Nashty View Post
    Assault? Lmao she should get 2 minutes for diving if they’re going with that story.

#metoo only applies to lib women it seems

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Lol stopppppp

I myself saw Acosta rudely push the girls arm away with a snidely stated "pardon me, mam". Contact was clearly made. No press member should ever have a reason to touch a WH staffer, especially in todays hysteric #metoo environment. Clear evidence yet Blasey Ford had NO evidence and the left was ready to lynch Kavanaugh. Ellison's victim produced photographic evidence of abuse... the left says not a word. How many pics have we seen of creepy Uncle Joe feeling women up? And of course there's BJ Bill's wandering cigar.

Cant have it both ways
    Not even major conservative voices like Ben Shapiro agree with Sanders' absurd claims.

"This is not what happened," Shapiro replied to a tweet from Sanders, in which she said that Acosta was banned for "placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern."

"You could have banned him simply for refusing to abide by any of the normal rules of the press room," Shapiro wrote. "No need to state something happened that didn’t."
    https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...mpression=true
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Nobody gives a fuck what Ben Shapiro thinks, he was Never Trump from Day 1, I would rate Ben Shapiro about as highly as I'd rate Dinesh D'Souza, or Mike Cernovich or Laura Loomer.

They're all carpetbaggers.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I fail to understand how anyone, everyone, cannot agree that a president should never lie, obfuscate or exaggerate reality as a means to his/her own end. Trump? He has lost all credibility with me as a president and as a person. You fooled me once, Donald. I went back and watched one of your post-election speeches where you called for harmony and cooperation to 'make America great again" and yet nearly every step beyond those early pronouncements has not been so. There is an over-riding concern on my part, that the Trump Enterprise in the White House is primarily interested in self-dealing and enrichment. Will some 'good' things get done along the way? Sure, I'll give the Trump reform movement that credit. But will our standing in the world community diminish as a result of Trump's bravado, provocations and 'Art-of-the-Deal' way he appears to be twisting the elbows of friendly and foe countries to negotiate new deals? Does the mid-term talk of a 10% middle-class tax benefit timed to influence voting (what else was it?) appear genuine to you? And what about that invasion coming up from Mexico? Anyone who reads a bit and understands how the Asylum program works knows this is not an invasion. Trump sells concepts like a master salesman. He knows that words matter. And he knows his base.

I guess what really shocks me, and shakes my faith in my fellow Americans is that there are millions of people who either look beyond the language of Trump, or close their eyes and ears to the images and sounds of what is happening all around them, and just march into the bright light of the sun abdicating their own future to the vision of Trump. No, the inauguration crowds were not the largest in the history of any president, there is no 'fake news' -- only distorted news broadcast through the filter of influence and agenda and no, IMO we are not on a path the make us great, again. We have always been great. The salad bowl that is America is what makes us great. Tolerance. Acceptance. Growth in one's self after learning from others -- that's great. NOT learning from others, not being tolerant of others, not accepting other people and their culture? That will make America divided again. Loyalists or Tories, Northerners or Southerners...and we know how those stories ended. Do we really need to get to a point of violence against one another? To experience another civil war? Before I am criticized for using incendiary words, please help me phrase the current fractious divide another way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Nobody gives a fuck what Ben Shapiro thinks, he was Never Trump from Day 1, I would rate Ben Shapiro about as highly as I'd rate Dinesh D'Souza, or Mike Cernovich or Laura Loomer.

They're all carpetbaggers.
    Again, we're missing the point. I was using him as an example of how even a staunch conservative can (and should) see how plainly false this narrative is.

I don't care about your personal opinion regarding their lack of undying fealty to His Eminence. They could be pure sycophants like Pence or Paul Ryan and the same point holds.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend

Cant have it both ways
    You clearly have no idea what #metoo is about.

The staffer touched Acosta in an attempt to wrestle the mic from him, she initiated the contact.

We're not talking about Kavanugh. Let's stay on topic and not muddy the waters because one has nothing to do with the other.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast