Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: Milan Lucic Targets Rookie Mathieu Joseph, Gets Ejected; Line Brawl Ensues

  1. #21
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25,706
    Rep Power
    268
    It's the CBA.

    It prevents big corps from taking advantage of workers.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  2. #22
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Gravesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    811
    Rep Power
    40
    Can the human mind imagine a more ridiculous “disciplinary action” than fining a guy on a big, fat contract a whopping 10 grand?
    Fuck me.

  3. #23
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,785
    Rep Power
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    DOP(E)S
    They've learned nothing from Moore/Bertuzzi.

    And, the punch was a sucker to the side of the head, so they learned nothing from Johnson/Beukeboom.

  4. #24
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25,706
    Rep Power
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    Can the human mind imagine a more ridiculous “disciplinary action” than fining a guy on a big, fat contract a whopping 10 grand?
    Fuck me.
    A few years ago, the max was 2,500
    People on here actually thought that was a deterrent
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  5. #25
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,705
    Rep Power
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    The fact that it was against a rookie should give him extra games. 20 sounds good.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Rookies are allowed to hit people from behind?

    Sorry, but I actually like this move from Lucic. Welcome to the NHL, kid.
    GORTON 2020

  6. #26
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,785
    Rep Power
    491
    Nah, Lucic is a cunt. Twice the guy's size, blind side hit and punch to the head. That's a real bitch move.

  7. #27
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25,706
    Rep Power
    268
    Like the mentality, but certainly over the line. I expected him to get 3-5 games, tbh.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  8. #28
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,705
    Rep Power
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Nah, Lucic is a cunt. Twice the guy's size, blind side hit and punch to the head. That's a real bitch move.
    I don't have a personal opinion of Lucic. But your damn right he's twice his size. Guess what? You're in the NHL now, guy, don't be an asshole. Multiple people asked him to fight and he declined so Lucic scared the hell out of him. Don't run someone if you don't want retribution. If Lucic wanted to kill the guy he could have, instead he sent a message. I have zero problem with it.

    Asking for a 20 game suspension for that is just beyond absurd to me.
    GORTON 2020

  9. #29
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    84,713
    Rep Power
    424
    The message was sent when he hit him in open ice. Everything that came after was premeditated assault.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  10. #30
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,785
    Rep Power
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    I don't have a personal opinion of Lucic. But your damn right he's twice his size. Guess what? You're in the NHL now, guy, don't be an asshole. Multiple people asked him to fight and he declined so Lucic scared the hell out of him. Don't run someone if you don't want retribution. If Lucic wanted to kill the guy he could have, instead he sent a message. I have zero problem with it.

    Asking for a 20 game suspension for that is just beyond absurd to me.
    Well, that's just a bully mentality. Lucic is the one being the asshole here.

  11. #31
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Slobberknocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    2 feet south of the blueline
    Posts
    4,144
    Rep Power
    42
    its funny that despite the fact the NHL has done a lot to get this out of the game that it seemingly always exists under the surface.
    Acqua in bocca

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •