• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Sens Players Caught on Camera Joking About Team, Bad Mouthing Coaching Staff

Phil

A number of Ottawa Senators openly joke about their penalty-killing abilities, mock one of their coaches and laugh at the ineffectiveness of special-team meetings in a candid video that was posted online.

The video is the latest bit of embarrassing news for a team that is trying to rebuild a more positive, professional culture in its dressing room, after the high-profile departures of Erik Karlsson and Mike Hoffman.

The video ? since taken down ? appears to have been shot in Phoenix on Oct. 29 or 30 during the team?s western road swing. It was recorded, presumably by the Uber driver, as seven Senators were transported in a van or SUV. It appears that none of the players were aware the conversation was being recorded.

?Marty Raymond, the only coach in NHL history to have the worst power-play and the worst PK within a calendar year,? says Sens forward Matt Duchene, in reference to Martin Raymond, an assistant coach in charge of the team?s penalty-killing this year and power-play last season.

Defenceman Chris Wideman, sitting in the front passenger seat, chirps in: ?Do you notice that when (Raymond) runs the video, if you actually do pay attention, he doesn?t ever teach you anything? He just commentates what?s happening.?

Then Duchene can be heard replying: ?Here?s the other thing, too. We don?t change anything, ever. So why do we even have a meeting? I haven?t paid attention in three weeks.?

https://ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators/candid-camera-ottawa-senators-players-caught-on-video-joking-about-team-badmouthing-coach

--

Video in link. The tire fire in Ottawa continues to burn.

The legalities around releasing a video to the public of people who didn't know they were being recorded in a private setting is clearly beyond us.

Regardless, like I said, if you don't think players talk about this stuff all the time, I don't know what to tell you.

The legalities around releasing a video to the public of people who didn't know they were being recorded in a private setting is clearly beyond us.

Regardless, like I said, if you don't think players talk about this stuff all the time, I don't know what to tell you.

Ofcourse we know everyone does it. Not just players, employees at McDonald's also do this. Still doesn't change the fact that they are dumb fucks that does it in public with random people who could record it.

Archived