• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Recall F Lias Andersson

Phil

The question is, is now the right time to make a trade?wouldn?t we get a higher return if we waited till around the trade deadline?where more teams will be desperate. I understand that a guy can get injured and thus you risk losing him/the opportunity to trade him but....

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The question is, is now the right time to make a trade—wouldn’t we get a higher return if we waited till around the trade deadline—where more teams will be desperate. I understand that a guy can get injured and thus you risk losing him/the opportunity to trade him but....

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The right time to trade is the moment when a team makes you a good offer.

Chytil going to Hartford is the best thing for him

The second best imo. The best thing for him would be to play on a proper line with actual NHL calibre players and not lugging guys like McLeod and Lettieri around. Sure, he can't buy a goal at the moment, but I still think he does a lot of good things on the ice. I agree though, it's better for him to be a 1C in Hartford than to be buried on the 4th line.

Seems strange to call recall Lias for a game or two, considering he's doing well and exactly what they wanted in Hartford. You'd expect some form of shake-up, but I have no idea what it might be. I think him being called up coinciding with Howden getting injured suggests there's no trade going on.

Vinni and McLoud are not getting it done. They are not carrying their own water. Vinni needs to be sent down to see if he can save his career. McLoud needs to make room for Lias. If that means Hartford, too bad. He's barely serviceable and that's generous.

Chytil did everything right against Buff. Not only was he the entire offense for his line, but he was the only one playing decent D. The other two were horrific again. There is no excuse for that. Gravesy is right, Chytil is now lugging around two liabilities. Give him good linemates. Lias is here, add Buch or Spooner or even Fast.

Guys isn't this about it being only a matter of time for Lias because he has been the best forward in Hartford, by a mile. If he was not starting to dominate, he would not be getting the call.

You'd hope so, but seems a bit much of a coincidence that he gets the call the day after Howden goes down with injury.

You'd hope so, but seems a bit much of a coincidence that he gets the call the day after Howden goes down with injury.

It's no coincidence. We lost a top 9 forward, a center, even if only for a game or two. Lias was going to get a call soon, or the next injury, because he did everything they asked him to do. Now he gets a shot to force himself onto this roster. As Gorton said, they are not going to keep any of these 1st rounders from playing in NY, if they are ready. They will make trades, send guys down and/or bench guys if Lias performs. Coach wants to win. No Howden means we are only 9 to 10 deep in NHL forwards.

The second best imo. The best thing for him would be to play on a proper line with actual NHL calibre players and not lugging guys like McLeod and Lettieri around. Sure, he can't buy a goal at the moment, but I still think he does a lot of good things on the ice. I agree though, it's better for him to be a 1C in Hartford than to be buried on the 4th line.

Seems strange to call recall Lias for a game or two, considering he's doing well and exactly what they wanted in Hartford. You'd expect some form of shake-up, but I have no idea what it might be. I think him being called up coinciding with Howden getting injured suggests there's no trade going on.

I disagree, he hasn?t done anything with or without talent besides make one really nice pass. To be snake bitten or not being able to buy a goal would mean he?s getting a bunch of chances, which isn?t really the case. A stint in the A would work wonders for his overall confidence imo.

I disagree, he hasn’t done anything with or without talent besides make one really nice pass. To be snake bitten or not being able to buy a goal would mean he’s getting a bunch of chances, which isn’t really the case. A stint in the A would work wonders for his overall confidence imo.

I agree a stint with Hartford could be good for him.

To say “he hasn’t done anything” is simply not true however.

Archived