Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39

Thread: Rangers Recall F Lias Andersson

  1. #21
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Gravesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    827
    Rep Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Guys isn't this about it being only a matter of time for Lias because he has been the best forward in Hartford, by a mile. If he was not starting to dominate, he would not be getting the call.
    You'd hope so, but seems a bit much of a coincidence that he gets the call the day after Howden goes down with injury.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Giacomin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,437
    Rep Power
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    You'd hope so, but seems a bit much of a coincidence that he gets the call the day after Howden goes down with injury.
    It's no coincidence. We lost a top 9 forward, a center, even if only for a game or two. Lias was going to get a call soon, or the next injury, because he did everything they asked him to do. Now he gets a shot to force himself onto this roster. As Gorton said, they are not going to keep any of these 1st rounders from playing in NY, if they are ready. They will make trades, send guys down and/or bench guys if Lias performs. Coach wants to win. No Howden means we are only 9 to 10 deep in NHL forwards.

  3. #23
    Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14,737
    Rep Power
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    The second best imo. The best thing for him would be to play on a proper line with actual NHL calibre players and not lugging guys like McLeod and Lettieri around. Sure, he can't buy a goal at the moment, but I still think he does a lot of good things on the ice. I agree though, it's better for him to be a 1C in Hartford than to be buried on the 4th line.

    Seems strange to call recall Lias for a game or two, considering he's doing well and exactly what they wanted in Hartford. You'd expect some form of shake-up, but I have no idea what it might be. I think him being called up coinciding with Howden getting injured suggests there's no trade going on.
    I disagree, he hasnít done anything with or without talent besides make one really nice pass. To be snake bitten or not being able to buy a goal would mean heís getting a bunch of chances, which isnít really the case. A stint in the A would work wonders for his overall confidence imo.
    Hidden Content

    Let's Go Rangers!

  4. #24
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    714
    Rep Power
    32
    It's a gut punch to McLeod, Lettieri, and Spooner. All of whom don't deserve a roster spot.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Gravesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    827
    Rep Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    I disagree, he hasn’t done anything with or without talent besides make one really nice pass. To be snake bitten or not being able to buy a goal would mean he’s getting a bunch of chances, which isn’t really the case. A stint in the A would work wonders for his overall confidence imo.
    I agree a stint with Hartford could be good for him.
    To say “he hasn’t done anything” is simply not true however.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Gravesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    827
    Rep Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    It's no coincidence. We lost a top 9 forward, a center, even if only for a game or two. Lias was going to get a call soon, or the next injury, because he did everything they asked him to do. Now he gets a shot to force himself onto this roster. As Gorton said, they are not going to keep any of these 1st rounders from playing in NY, if they are ready. They will make trades, send guys down and/or bench guys if Lias performs. Coach wants to win. No Howden means we are only 9 to 10 deep in NHL forwards.
    Right, but the discussion is whether he was called up to cover for Howden or whether this is part of a larger shake up. As you said things have gone really well for him in Hartford, seems a bit strange to take him out of that environment if this is a one or two game shot at winning a place on the roster. So I hope this is about culling guys like McLeod and Lettieri as it is about covering for Howden.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Squirt Division Progrocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Rangers section of Connecticut
    Posts
    254
    Rep Power
    3
    Nobody likes McLeod's game but isn't he only here as a badly needed enforcer type?

    Granted, he's not very good doing that anymore either.
    Last edited by Progrocker; 11-06-2018 at 01:51 PM.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Suffolk County, NY
    Posts
    726
    Rep Power
    22
    I wanna see Lias for sure! But I'd rather keep Chytil here to watch his progress. Chytil isn't really doing anyone any harm by staying in the lineup, so I figure let him learn at this level. I actually enjoy watching Chytil play and how he reacts in certain situations.

    I want my Howdy Dooty back soon though!

  9. #29
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,706
    Rep Power
    101
    There’s a select few pkayers on this roster I actually give a shit about. I hope Chytil, Howden and Lias are all in the lineup. I don’t care who’s out.
    GORTON 2020

  10. #30
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Gravesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    827
    Rep Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    There’s a select few pkayers on this roster I actually give a shit about. I hope Chytil, Howden and Lias are all in the lineup. I don’t care who’s out.
    Agreed. Really hope all 3 stay with the Rangers.

  11. #31
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Giacomin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,437
    Rep Power
    95
    Agree too, but give him linemates. Tonight is his chance as Chytil replaces Howden directly. Vesey and Fast will make a big difference in Chytil's game, watch.

  12. #32
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,706
    Rep Power
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Agree too, but give him linemates. Tonight is his chance as Chytil replaces Howden directly. Vesey and Fast will make a big difference in Chytil's game, watch.
    I agree with the sentiment but these are not good players.
    GORTON 2020

  13. #33
    Senior Member Bantam Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    1,337
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    I agree with the sentiment but these are not good players.
    They've done good things w/Howden, why not w/Chytil who has similar abilities as Howden?

    Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  14. #34
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Giacomin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,437
    Rep Power
    95
    31, We both are focused on the 1st and 2nd year players. However, there are young questionable vets of which a couple should respond to the changes and emerge. Even guys you've complained about or just hate their face.

    Two guys are stepping up their game. Vesey has been strong and consistent, since the last preseason game. Names has been solid since his talk with Quinn.

    The rest have to step up. Hayes is still a solidly erratic enigma. Buch's progress is concerning. Spooner lacks physicality and D. A good skater who does not rush the puck or drive play. He needs to be putting up points or he's worthless. You can't say Fast is not a good player, he's a reliable high-value versatile role player who will play better soon.

    More importantly, the big 3. Kreider still disappears too often. On the flipside, Zibs is a helluva underrated hockey player. Shutting down Getzlaf and Eichel shows what a complete player he's become. He may be a legit #1C with real 1st line wingers. Skjei has his own thread. Give him the season, I think he'll work out nicely.

  15. #35
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    84,750
    Rep Power
    425
    They've done good things with Howden because the unit are more of a checking style. Chytil needs talent around him to thrive. That's not exactly putting him in a position to succeed.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  16. #36
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Giacomin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,437
    Rep Power
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    They've done good things with Howden because the unit are more of a checking style. Chytil needs talent around him to thrive. That's not exactly putting him in a position to succeed.
    Compared to the guys Chytil has been playing with... expect to see a difference.

    Sidenote: Seen enough of Chytil to believe he is a highly skilled top-level prospect. It may take a year or two or three, but he should be an impact player. He's a babe in the woods, with a gangly kid body and a sharp creative hockey mind.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 11-06-2018 at 06:04 PM.

  17. #37
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    84,750
    Rep Power
    425
    By comparison, maybe. I'm not sure by how much, though.

    Ditto Chytil. I've said before, he looks like young Spezza.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  18. #38
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,215
    Rep Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    It's no coincidence. We lost a top 9 forward, a center, even if only for a game or two. Lias was going to get a call soon, or the next injury, because he did everything they asked him to do. Now he gets a shot to force himself onto this roster. As Gorton said, they are not going to keep any of these 1st rounders from playing in NY, if they are ready. They will make trades, send guys down and/or bench guys if Lias performs. Coach wants to win. No Howden means we are only 9 to 10 deep in NHL forwards.
    So why isn't Chytil being given Howdens spot, so HE can make his mark?

    I hope they construct a new line with Lias and Chytil on it. Gotta drop Mcleod. Shit send Lettieri down too. Some kind of move has to be made here no?

  19. #39
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,215
    Rep Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    I agree with the sentiment but these are not good players.
    Agreed. I'd rather see Buch with him. I'm done with the Fast as an offense provider experiment.

    I want a line of Spooner- Chytil- Buch
    Orrrr

    Cyhtil- Andersson- Buch/Spooner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •