Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: [RS] (#14) Rangers vs Buffalo Sabres // NY State Mediocrity Championship, Game Two*

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Now the get Habs on back end of a back to back.

If they're in 1st place in Metro at Xmas is it OK to start cheering for them?

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    Hank steals two points. Nice to see vigor from Vesey and Namesnikov. Kreider not enough of a factor for a go to guy. Ditto Zib. Smith NG. Buffalo finally looks like they are pulling out of the dumps. Disappointed that Rick Jeanrette was not on the Buffalo feed tonight.
    No....please be kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post

Only if it's to tank for a top 5 pick so they can get first in the Metro some other time.

Senior Member Bantam Division

No, we need to be more like the Sabres three #8, two #2, and #1 pick the last 6 years and still sucking. (Not to mention 12 and 14 the year before that) Its all about odds bro.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect

Yes, Xmas of 2019
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    No, we need to be more like the Sabres three #8, two #2, and #1 pick the last 6 years and still sucking. (Not to mention 12 and 14 the year before that) Its all about odds bro.
    So cute. So passive. So aggressive.

They've won three games. Two of which came against teams fifth or farther in their respective divisions (Buffalo, Anaheim). One of which (Anaheim) is/was skating half an AHL roster due to injury.

Three games won in a row, upping their ROW from two to three... in 14 games played. Look the fuck out, NHL! HERE COME THE BIG BAD RANGERS!

They're still not a good team, and beating a handful of middle-of-the-road clubs in November isn't going to change that. They are a hard-working team, though, which is great to see given how important establishing that culture is going to be for when they become a good team a year or so from now.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    So cute. So passive. So aggressive.

They've won three games. Two of which came against teams fifth or farther in their respective divisions (Buffalo, Anaheim). One of which (Anaheim) is/was skating half an AHL roster due to injury.

Three games won in a row, upping their ROW from two to three... in 14 games played. Look the fuck out, NHL! HERE COME THE BIG BAD RANGERS!

They're still not a good team, and beating a handful of middle-of-the-road clubs in November isn't going to change that. They are a hard-working team, though, which is great to see given how important establishing that culture is going to be for when they become a good team a year or so from now.
    Well you don't have to be good to make the playoffs, and beating middle-of-the-road clubs is really the only requirement for getting in.

Senior Member Midget Division
    if it were as easy as tanking to be assured the no 1. i'd be all in, so what we are seeing is o.k. in my eyes. nice to see a team that is working hard with a coach that demands accountability. Kravtsov at 3-8-11 thru 24 obivously tells us he has work to do in regards to one day being an elite sniper. obviously looking at teams like Buf and Edm show the suck for years theory does not always work. At the end of the day I'm o.k. with the current direction of this team. There's a lot to like here for the moment.
    Acqua in bocca

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Well you don't have to be good to make the playoffs, and beating middle-of-the-road clubs is really the only requirement for getting in.
    Awesome. I can't wait for them to raise that "Made the Playoffs, 2018-19" banner next October.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

Ohhhhh... Speaking of passive aggressive

#wintoownthebloggers

@RickCarpiniello “Howden not seriously hurt. Sounds as if he won’t play Tuesday for precautionary reasons. He said he feels lucky to have escaped without major injury.”

Ohhhhh... Speaking of passive aggressive
    Just returning the favor.

#wintoownthebloggers
    LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    @RickCarpiniello “Howden not seriously hurt. Sounds as if he won’t play Tuesday for precautionary reasons. He said he feels lucky to have escaped without major injury.”
    Whew!!! I almost jumped off the cliff!

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Any word on Howden?
    GORTON 2020

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Any word on Howden?

[RS] (#14) Rangers vs Buffalo Sabres // NY State Mediocrity Championship, Game Two*

Post moved to the Lias thread.
    Last edited by 4EverRangerFrank; 11-05-2018 at 08:52 PM.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by CBrowningPI View Post
    No worries Giac, Howden will be playing on Tues.
    You read me well. That was the first comforting thing I heard after the injury, thanks. Watching the Buff feed sucked for multiple reasons. All they said after commercial is that the kid couldn't get up after trying twice. Didn't want to watch the rest of the game. Guess this kid has become my favorite Ranger after 10 freakin games. He needs just a little luck avoiding injuries so we can watch him reach his potential, which I think is higher than most people realize.

The two who did the broadcast for Buff were insufferable. Biron was decent though with between period analysis.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 11-06-2018 at 11:13 AM.

Yeah that's the feed I get in western ny

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345