• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

It?s Time for Rangers to Speed Up This Season?s Fire Sale

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my ballsy prediction has the Rangers selling in November.

People have been saying for months that there wasn't enough roster turnover, too. And it seems to be the case.

Also, everytime Zucc opens his mouth, it seems counter-productive to Quinn's ultimate goal. It's getting annoying.

my ballsy prediction has the Rangers selling in November.

People have been saying for months that there wasn't enough roster turnover, too. And it seems to be the case.

Also, everytime Zucc opens his mouth, it seems counter-productive to Quinn's ultimate goal. It's getting annoying.

Thought you was talking about me first lol.

But I agree, he don't seem onboard with this whatsoever. He just says the oposite of what Quinn's saying all the time. This is hard, but............... zuc needs to be traded. At first I thought he could be a good "role model", kinda like what Hank says he's planning to do, but he just seems so off. Both on and off the ice, not committed at all. Trade him somewhere and bring the Stanley cup to Norway for the first time!

Edit: Hayes, Names, Spooner and some of the older D's should also be traded.

Edit 2: We could actually end up with 4 first rounders (maybe ask some teams for 2020 1st?). Our own, Hayes should fetch an 1st, Zuc the same and some package of other players could do that aswell. Throw in the potential Tampa 1st if they win the cup and this upcoming draft will be fuun.

Must be nice to have a job when you can write the obvious and it prints in the newspaper. illuminating.

i'm all for first round add's on trades but in reality who are we getting a first rounder for?

i'm really interested to see how Gorton plays this out. He's done some good things but nothing that i would consider close to a fleece job.

Must be nice to have a job when you can write the obvious and it prints in the newspaper. illuminating.

i'm all for first round add's on trades but in reality who are we getting a first rounder for?

i'm really interested to see how Gorton plays this out. He's done some good things but nothing that i would consider close to a fleece job.

You never know, last year it was Tampa and Boston, this year it could be someone else. Colorado got 2 and could be interesting in adding at the deadline? Boston again? Jets? Nashville? Vegas? There's a lot of teams who can afford to give up a 1st for Zuc or Hayes.

You never know, last year it was Tampa and Boston, this year it could be someone else. Colorado got 2 and could be interesting in adding at the deadline? Boston again? Jets? Nashville? Vegas? There's a lot of teams who can afford to give up a 1st for Zuc or Hayes.

from your mouth to gods ears. i dont think this heats up until the usual deadline. i'm with pete here.

from your mouth to gods ears. i dont think this heats up until the usual deadline. i'm with pete here.

It rearly does for some reason. We'll just have to wait, but I will be dissapointed if more than one out of Hayes, Names, Spooner and Zuc is still here after the deadline. They did good on the return last deadline, lets hope they can do it again.

Hayes gets a 1st.

Zucc maybe, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

The rest are later picks.

If they move Kreider it’ll be a package of 1st + prospect/s I’d imagine.

Agree with Pete that it won’t happen yet, although it would be great to make some early moves.

Hey Brooks, is the sky blue?

I'm with Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc on this one. I'd hate to see the little hobbit go, but he hasn't been his electrifying self this season...hell, he wasn't really the same player last year either.

Zuc to PIT. He can be with Brass and Hags.

Edit - I absolutely think Zuc brings a 1st back at the deadline.

I would package a bunch of shit for that Ottawa 1st.

I would package a bunch of shit for that Ottawa 1st.

Me too, but chances are slim and none.

We don't have anything that would upgrade their defense and, unless for some reason they wanted, like Hayes AND Kreider, I don't think they'd have much interest in our forwards. Their forward depth is shit though...maybe Hayes, Kreider, Chytil and another pick gets the conversation started, but I doubt it.

Edit - I absolutely think Zuc brings a 1st back at the deadline.

Maybe. There weren't many players who returned a 1st at the deadline last season iirc.

McD and Nash obviously. Statsny to the Jets. I think there were 1sts packaged in the Hartman and Brassard deals. Tatar to Vegas maybe?

It'll be interesting to see what we get for these guys.

Rangers top scorer 3 years in a row (not very impressive I know, but still), 50-60 points every season last years, 0.5 ppg player in the playoffs, good locker room guy and plays all situations for under 5m (we can even retain). I feel confident he will return something close to Nash. I dont even think a late 1st alone is enogh for zuc, but Im a bit biased, so who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Fwiw, I'd be really pushing those fringe Western teams - Colorado, ANA, CGY - right now to try to pry out a first. All of them could end up free falling.

I get that's why they'd be apprehensive, but that's a potential big win for the Rangers.

Colorado especially because they have extra 1st and 3rds from Ottawa. They'd likely be more willing to part with a 1st when they have two.

Me too, but chances are slim and none.

We don't have anything that would upgrade their defense and, unless for some reason they wanted, like Hayes AND Kreider, I don't think they'd have much interest in our forwards. Their forward depth is shit though...maybe Hayes, Kreider, Chytil and another pick gets the conversation started, but I doubt it.

I dont know their needs, other than a C.

Hayes/Zibanejad + Zucc? Skjei? McQuaid? ADA?

Fwiw, I'd be really pushing those fringe Western teams - Colorado, ANA, CGY - right now to try to pry out a first. All of them could end up free falling.

I get that's why they'd be apprehensive, but that's a potential big win for the Rangers.

I dont see those teams giving up a 1st for Zuccarello right now.

Maybe Hayes...

I think we should trade Zucc sooner than later. A lot of UFA RWs this season... and he's not at the top of the list. But, I don't anticipate getting a 1st for Zucc, regardless. I think they tried last year and couldnt get one.

I think a C, like Hayes, will increase in value closer to the deadline, getting a good prospect, or a 1st +

I dont know their needs, other than a C.

Hayes/Zibanejad + Zucc? Skjei? McQuaid? ADA?

Colorado needs scoring depth - Hayes and Kreider would be their second line, I think. Skjei and McQuaid don't make them better on the blueline - though I guess it's possible they like Skjei.

Colorado needs scoring depth - Hayes and Kreider would be their second line, I think. Skjei and McQuaid don't make them better on the blueline - though I guess it's possible they like Skjei.

Yeah, they're extremely top heavy. Hayes, Kreider, Zib and Zucc would all be useful additions for them. The Senators have looked better than expected, but barring a miracle their 1st would be likely to cost a small fortune. I really don't know what we'd have to give up to get it.

They definitely need forward depth. Kerfoot plays second line C with Jost out. They also have atrocious wing depth. Anything the Rangers can offer up front is an automatic upgrade on anyone not on Colorado's first line.

Archived