Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 73

Thread: Itís Time for Rangers to Speed Up This Seasonís Fire Sale

  1. #41
    Senior Member Midget Division
    4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2,581
    Rep Power
    50
    Sorry guys - I was way off on the expansion timeline and thought it was 2019-20.

  2. #42
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,677
    Rep Power
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Isn't the whole point to expose a high-salaried, under performing player? Why would teams need a compliance buyout when they're losing a contract and not taking anything back...?
    Because you're forced to protect people with NMC and NTC like Staal and Hank. If you could buy one of them out that gives you another slot to protect someone you actually want to keep.

    Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

  3. #43
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    77,603
    Rep Power
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Because you're forced to protect people with NMC and NTC like Staal and Hank. If you could buy one of them out that gives you another slot to protect someone you actually want to keep.

    Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    That'd be amnesty, not compliance though, right? Subtle but difference.

  4. #44
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,677
    Rep Power
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    That'd be amnesty, not compliance though, right? Subtle but difference.
    Yea I guess, but I think that's what Future was talking about.

    Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

  5. #45
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    77,603
    Rep Power
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Yea I guess, but I think that's what Future was talking about.

    Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    Yep, fair enough.

  6. #46
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Sod16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    725
    Rep Power
    22
    I have two reactions after reading this article. There is some tension between the two.

    First, it is possible to go too far in a rebuild and make some big trades for the sake of making them. Many overhauls involve one too many trades. We grey beards are still haunted by November 1975, when the Park-Ratelle trade went too far and was a bad one for the Rangers. Don't just burn everything down.

    Second, there is much to be said for making some player for player trades over the course of the season and not relying on the deadline. When you make your sales at the deadline, you are really limited to the eight or at most ten teams that are buyers then. They can trade with everyone now. Also, at the deadline, you are pretty much limited to draft picks, which will never be higher than the end of the first round, and iffy prospects. Moreover, what we are offering this year will not bring what Nash, McDonaugh and Miller did at the deadline last year.

    In short, no burn down. People on the board are basically advocating unloading almost every player on the roster. However, several player-for-player trades prudently made between now and the June draft could work out nicely.

  7. #47
    The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    86,976
    Rep Power
    471
    Quote Originally Posted by phillybô View Post
    Ryan Hartman got a first for Chicago.
    I think itís pretty safe to say that Zucc yields a first too. If thereís a GM on the fence, we can toss back a later pick. Zucc + 3rd for someoneís 1st.
    Jesper Fast might get you a late one, to be honest.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  8. #48
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Slobberknocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    2 feet south of the blueline
    Posts
    4,496
    Rep Power
    45
    i always hoped to keep kreider around but after thinking about it no matter how he plays this year he'd probably fetch a good haul to a contender at the deadline. i'd hate to pony up and pay him 7-8 mln per on a new deal and be grossly dissapointed in his play.
    Acqua in bocca

  9. #49
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    77,603
    Rep Power
    543
    There's no way a player who's never scored 30 goals or 50 points and has an injury history gets Kessel money.

  10. #50
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    7,558
    Rep Power
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    That'd be amnesty, not compliance though, right? Subtle but difference.
    Yea, amnesty. Whatever lol

  11. #51
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    7,558
    Rep Power
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    There's no way a player who's never scored 30 goals or 50 points and has an injury history gets Kessel money.
    He had 50+ points two seasons ago and would have been over 50 last year if not for the injury....but he doesn't really have an injury history, that was the only time he's missed any significant games, and it was a blood clot. It's not like he pulled his hamstring 5 times.

    To your point though, I think $7m is too high, but he'll get close to it. Someone will give him, at least, 6x$6.5m if he goes UFA, especially if the cap goes up another $4-5m.

  12. #52
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    77,603
    Rep Power
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    He had 50+ points two seasons ago and would have been over 50 last year if not for the injury....but he doesn't really have an injury history, that was the only time he's missed any significant games, and it was a blood clot. It's not like he pulled his hamstring 5 times.

    To your point though, I think $7m is too high, but he'll get close to it. Someone will give him, at least, 6x$6.5m if he goes UFA, especially if the cap goes up another $4-5m.
    A clot is a serious injury with a likelihood of recurrence, which could also be career threatening.

    No one is investing more in Krieder than JVR...

  13. #53
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    7,558
    Rep Power
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    A clot is a serious injury with a likelihood of recurrence, which could also be career threatening.

    No one is investing more in Krieder than JVR...
    Yea but they fixed the root cause of Kreider's clot, IIRC that was a one-off.

    I mean, JVR got 5x$7m. 6x$6.5m is another 1.5m and the cap might be up $10m by then.

  14. #54
    Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13,648
    Rep Power
    322
    There's no risk of re-occurrence, that was the whole point of the surgery.

  15. #55
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    77,603
    Rep Power
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Yea but they fixed the root cause of Kreider's clot, IIRC that was a one-off.

    I mean, JVR got 5x$7m. 6x$6.5m is another 1.5m and the cap might be up $10m by then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    There's no risk of re-occurrence, that was the whole point of the surgery.
    There's always a risk. But I'm not gonna drive that into the ground. Whatever the case, he's not a $7 million dollar player.

    JVR has scored or paced in lockout years 30 goals multiple times. He scored 36 in his contract year. Kreider is not that guy.

    Neal might be a better comparable.

  16. #56
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,142
    Rep Power
    345
    Evander Kane is a good comparable
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  17. #57
    Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13,648
    Rep Power
    322
    I'd give Kreider 5 years @ 6 million.. Take it or leave it.

    I've come to appreciate his game and I'd like him around for the kids.

  18. #58
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Slobberknocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    2 feet south of the blueline
    Posts
    4,496
    Rep Power
    45
    we are talking about the rangers though.....
    Acqua in bocca

  19. #59
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    So Nashty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,862
    Rep Power
    56
    I think teams are more likely to part with first round picks around the deadline than now. I donít mind moving zucc even though heís s favorite. Hayes needs to go too and I wouldnít be surprised to see kreider go.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  20. #60
    Senior Member Bantam Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    1,455
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Evander Kane is a good comparable
    Player-wise, yes. What's Kane's contract?

    Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •