Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rangers' Hayes Drawing Early Interest

Senior Member Bantam Division
    ^this

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Hayes is such a strong puck possession player. If he ever figures out how to not screw up the opportunities he creates for himself and others he really does have the potential to be a strong 25/25 to 30/30 player while providing shutdown defense. I am always so intrigued by the strengths of his game, yet always seem to come away disappointed by the end results. Similar to Kreider in a way in terms of the amount potential and talent (albeit different talent) that exists combined with underachieving production.
    Spot on

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    There are so many guys like that in and around the NHL.
    They have the ability, but lack that certain mentality, drive and/or single mindedness required to produce day in, day out in a gruelling 82 game season. It's very difficult, and few can actually do it.
    If Hayes could play to his potential most nights he'd be an excellent player. But his problem, one he shares with many, is that he can't do it consistently. Kreider is the same, and it's what is likely to result in them being decent players rather than very good.

Senior Member Mite Division RodrigueGabriel's Avatar
    Worth noting that Brooks has now mused over the question of whether what the Rangers would get back in a Hayes deal would actually be as good as Hayes is. If they decide to hold onto him, it definitely changes the face of the rebuild both for what they don't acquire in a deal and a potentially lower draft position.

Banned Midget Division
    If they decide to keep Hayes and sign him to a long-term deal, the rebuild is over.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    If Hayes keeps playing like this, the rebuild is over.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I have never really been a big Hayes fan....until this season. This guy has really taken a step forward that I did not think he would. The way he leverages his size to keep possession is great to watch. If they do trade him, it needs to be quite a haul.

Vesey has grown on me too. Another guy I didn't care for until this season. I don't know how much of it is coaching or how much it is just getting more ice time and bigger roles.
    Last edited by rmc51; Yesterday at 01:37 PM.

He's a UFA so it won't actually be a massive haul.
    It'll be a first + a mid level prospect. It's either that or sign him.

Banned Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I like that he’s playing like that. His value is at all time high.

Banned Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    If he keeps producing at this rate? I’d think more than a mid-level prospect and 1st.

Which UFA's comparable to Hayes have returned more than a 1st and a decent prospect at the deadline in the past few years?
    I can't think of many deals that went beyond that.

I mean someone as good as Paul Statsny got a 1st and a mid to lower range prospect.
    Last edited by Gravesy; Yesterday at 03:17 PM.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Which UFA's comparable to Hayes have returned more than a 1st and a decent prospect at the deadline in the past few years?

I mean someone as good as Paul Statsny got a 1st and a mid to lower range prospect.
    I am the biggest hater of Kevin Hayes but even I have to admit he is playing well. That said, he's only scoring at a .64ppg rate and therefore I have to agree with you. He'll fetch a 1st. But likely not much more than that.
    GORTON 2020

I'm not saying he isn't playing well. In fact he's about as good as I've seen him.
    There simply isn't much evidence to suggest he'll fetch more than a 1st and a decent prospect at the deadline.

For Hayes I consider that a pretty good haul. I didn't think he'd get more than about a 2nd rounder last year if they traded him.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Pay the man.

He's 26. It's perfect, they can pay Hayes and Panarin if they dump Zucc/Spooner.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    The issue isn't money. It's playing time. Explain to me how you plan to divy up meaningful ice time for the following, all of whom are natural centers: Zibanejad, Hayes, Howden, Andersson, Chytil.

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Ryan O’Reilly is a comparable player that has a horrible contract.

1st, 2nd, good prospect, cap dump

Senior Member Bantam Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    The issue isn't money. It's playing time. Explain to me how you plan to divy up meaningful ice time for the following, all of whom are natural centers: Zibanejad, Hayes, Howden, Andersson, Chytil.

Move Hayes to wing when Andersson takes over his role in who knows how long. Chytil and Howden can swap 2nd +4th line roles when needed. Howden plays way better than a 4th liner but can do what we need him to do in any situation. If Chytil and Andersson break out, it'll be Zib-Andersson-Chytil-Howden barring injuries. Chytil might need some time to make offensive gains judging by his performance so far. I think trading Hayes depends on how the rookies do over the long haul. It also depends on our place in the standings, and how free agency will break down. Zucc and Staal may not be here as well.

The question is, how many if's can turn into certainties?

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Zibanejad could be a first line wing. He’s not a first line C.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post

You change their position, voila.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast