• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Do the Rangers Try to Move Kreider This Season?

ThirtyONE

He has one year left after this season @ 4,625,000. He's 27. He has value.

It's clear the Rangers "veterans" just aren't that good. That was true before trading Grabner and Nash. It's even more evident now.

There isn't another step for Kreider. He's a one tool player and a fine complimentary player on a good team. On this team, however, his value exists only in trade potential. He's not suddenly going to become a 40 goal guy. Or even a 30 goal guy. It's likely a hard pill to swallow for Ranger brass because he was hyped up pretty good before joining as a rookie and he's been a really solid Ranger over the years but if we're rebuilding, which we are, there doesn't seem to be any reason to keep the "vets" that have trade value. With a year left on his contract, he could be the most valuable.

I like Kreider a lot but it's at least something they should be considering.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mentioned awhile ago, he’ll bring back more than anyone else

He hasn’t been playing well, either. Perhaps his agent is in the know

A shame The College Boys have been the ones struggling the most during this transition

I'd like to think any of the vets are available at the right price, but I also think it depends on what their plans are for this upcoming offseason. Are they planning to pursue Panarin, Stone, or a combination of high end free agents? If so, it doesn't make sense to unload any of the better veterans except maybe Zuccarello since he's an expiring contract anyway and will likely get too much money on the next contract.

I think they would look to unload Zibanejad before Kreider by the way. Much like Stepan when he was dumped, Zibanejad has an NMC kicking in during the offseason for the remainder of his contract. He would also command the most for a return of any player we could trade. Even with an NMC, his contract is at a great rate and I think would fetch quite a bit. Multiple picks (first rounder included) and/or near NHL-ready prospects.

I think Gorton should listen to offers for every single player on the roster bar Chytil, Pionk, Howden and Andersson. Move as many of them as possible for picks and prospects, provided the offers are good enough. I'd even include Zibanejad in that if the haul is satisfactory.

I actually think they need to do this across the board. Even on Zucc and Hayes. They need pieces they can plug in as soon as next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I don’t want another Spooner or Namestnikov, though. Potential top-end talent.

Hopefully a team gets desperate at deadline and willing to do it.

Who might want to do that come to the deadline?

Never know. Between Kreider, Hayes, Zuccarello, Spooner, Namestnikov, Fast, Shattenkirk, McQuaid, Smith... one, maybe a combination of players could provide the secondary scoring or complimentary players that could really help a team Win Now.

Toronto, Boston, Winnipeg, Washington, Vegas, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Columbus, Dallas, California teams I’ve never heard of before, Edmonton. Especially if you are including a guy with a year left on the contract

Never know. Between Kreider, Hayes, Zuccarello, Spooner, Namestnikov, Fast, Shattenkirk, McQuaid, Smith... one, maybe a combination of players could provide the secondary scoring or complimentary players that could really help a team Win Now.

Toronto, Boston, Winnipeg, Washington, Vegas, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Columbus, Dallas, California teams I’ve never heard of before, Edmonton. Especially if you are including a guy with a year left on the contract

Watch, he might become a good player once he is traded but another might want to overpay him in free agency

Watch, he might become a good player once he is traded but another might want to overpay him in free agency

We have a great cast of complimentary and depth players. I could see any improving their production in the right situation. But that’s not NYR right now

Archived