Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [RS] (#10) Rangers at Chicago Blackhawks // The Night Chicago Died

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division pws85nyr's Avatar
    He'll get plenty of games to end the year. McQuaid is gone before or at the deadline for sure. Bottom line is, play better. Pionk did.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Yeah, I think that's a bit simplistic but I've I made my point already.
    Feel free to disagree.

Senior Member Squirt Division CBrowningPI's Avatar
    Claesson looks like he should be building wooden furniture.
    Pionks game may have a much higher ceiling if he some day plays with a real capable partner. I agree about ADA. Quinn apparently saw something at practice that kept ADA out of the lineup. But like Gravesy said, him sitting does nobody any good. McIlrath is a good example of how sitting can flatline development.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    Yeah, I think that's a bit simplistic but I've I made my point already.
    Feel free to disagree.
    I'm actually inclined to agree with you, he has played 'well' on the whole so far, was just offering a rather simplistic solution.

I will say though, IMO, some people may have too high an opinion of ADA. Kind of wishful thinking if you will. If the kid wasn't a 1st round pick this wouldn't be as much of a conversation/debate, again IMO.

He's been traded twice at age 23, not played 82 NHL games, and never finished a pro season with a positive +/-. Not sure he changes our outlook much either way when we are ready to compete again. I hope I'm wrong, would love to see him pan out and become a solid point producing 3-4 D man, just don't see it based on the evidence to date.

But yes I would rather be watching him over McQuaid this evening, generally speaking.

Senior Member Midget Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyb™ View Post
    Standing room - 20 bucks.
    Seat in the corner - 35 bucks.
    Maybe I'll go. Last time I went to Hawks/Rags - Anisimov scored a fucking hat trick.
    Can't beat the $20 price and use the other $15 on
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Quote Originally Posted by pws85nyr View Post
    I will say though, IMO, some people may have too high an opinion of ADA. Kind of wishful thinking if you will. If the kid wasn't a 1st round pick this wouldn't be as much of a conversation/debate, again IMO.

He's been traded twice at age 23, not played 82 NHL games, and never finished a pro season with a positive +/-. Not sure he changes our outlook much either way when we are ready to compete again. I hope I'm wrong, would love to see him pan out and become a solid point producing 3-4 D man, just don't see it based on the evidence to date.
    All true about ADA, but D-men do take a little longer to develop and I'm sure his attitude wasn't the greatest. I'm not sure what we get out of playing McQuaid other than trade value.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Can't believe they are so cheap. $130 USD to stand at the ACC Rangers v Leafs in December. That's a healthy bar tab.

//reported Junior Division
    I think I paid 70 per ticket last season.
    LGR!

Quote Originally Posted by phillyb[emoji769
    ;943147]I think I paid 70 per ticket last season.
    At the ACC? I'm probably paying for Tavares then.

Quote Originally Posted by paddynyc View Post
    All true about ADA, but D-men do take a little longer to develop and I'm sure his attitude wasn't the greatest. I'm not sure what we get out of playing McQuaid other than trade value.
    Yeah it's trade value IMO, but I'm not sure you really get any of that. You know what you are getting when you trade for McQuaid at this stage of his career, playing or not. So long as he's healthy.

Banned Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by CBrowningPI View Post
    Claesson looks like he should be building wooden furniture.
    Pionks game may have a much higher ceiling if he some day plays with a real capable partner. I agree about ADA. Quinn apparently saw something at practice that kept ADA out of the lineup. But like Gravesy said, him sitting does nobody any good. McIlrath is a good example of how sitting can flatline development.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    the only example McIllrath is of, is being a high draft pick bust. (was that proper English? lol)

Banned Midget Division
    now we know if two coaches who aren't high on ADA. we only see what the camera shows us.
    and the trip over his own stick did not help his cause at all...lol

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    I'm actually inclined to agree with you, he has played 'well' on the whole so far, was just offering a rather simplistic solution.

But yes I would rather be watching him over McQuaid this evening, generally speaking.

He was a 1st round pick because his production in juniors was more or less elite. So it's not outlandish to suggest there's definite offensive upside there, waiting to be tapped into. Although it's getting late in the day. You're probably right there's an element of wishful thinking there, but imo there's also actual proof in his play. Albeit very inconsistent proof.
    There's no doubt there are issues with attitude, but the Rangers knew that when they traded for him. So what they're doing now is a pointless halfway house solution. They're not playing him for whatever reason, so he's not developing. Even though performances from others are hardly stellar. He's not with the Pack because it's highly unlikely he clears waivers.

It just seems like a total waste of time and assets, but to be fair I have no idea what's happening behind closed doors so there may be a god reasoning behind it.

//reported Junior Division
    At the ACC? I'm probably paying for Tavares then.
    No, sorry. At United.
    Printing my ticket now. Go Hawks Go! Sorta...
    LGR!

Does Quinn talk to god?

Banned Midget Division
    yup, thru Shittenkirk's ear

Shattentology

Banned Midget Division
    sign me up, take my money!

Senior Member Squirt Division
    Quote Originally Posted by CBrowningPI View Post
    Does Quinn talk to god?

yes and apparently he too is not a fan of ADA's

Quote Originally Posted by phillyb™ View Post
    No, sorry. At United.
    Printing my ticket now. Go Hawks Go! Sorta...
    Doesn't suck having the Hawks as the other team in town.
    Curly

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast