Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47

Thread: Bombs Found In Mail Sent To The Clinton's Home And Obama

  1. #21
    Senior Member Mite Division NY Chief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Any of those names you mentioned running for, or sitting president?

    There's the key differentiator.

    Also, half your quotes are either out of context or not calling to attack the other side. Saying someone bled and died for change is suggesting attacking the other side.
    I'm not defending Trump. I grew up in NY and saw his arrogant shit show for years. He's STILL way better than the option we had. And those not sitting president are just as in the spotlight. Again, you Trump bashers CANNOT turn that same searing spotlight back on the assholes on the other side so your claims and whines are clearly partisan with no rational discussion possible.

  2. #22
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,803
    Rep Power
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Chief View Post
    I'm not defending Trump. I grew up in NY and saw his arrogant shit show for years. He's STILL way better than the option we had. And those not sitting president are just as in the spotlight. Again, you Trump bashers CANNOT turn that same searing spotlight back on the assholes on the other side so your claims and whines are clearly partisan with no rational discussion possible.
    Well, firstly they're not "whines" so just chill out there, my dude.

    And no, that type of bigotry, mysogeny and stupidity isn't better than Hilary. Not by a long shot and not by a mile.

    And no, they're not as in the spotlight as sitting presidents. That's laughable.

  3. #23
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Blue Heaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    10,118
    Rep Power
    98
    https://nypost.com/2018/10/26/florid...to-mail-bombs/

    A man has been arrested in Florida in connection with the series of suspected mail bombs sent this week, law enforcement sources told The Post.
    Cesar Sayoc Jr., 56, was arrested in Broward County, sources said.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Mite Division NY Chief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Same thing can be said of yourself and everyone on this board.
    No. I can say Trump is a shithead. Wil you say the same of Hillary, Bernie or obumma? NOPE! Left double standard

  5. #25
    Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    12,342
    Rep Power
    276
    Subversive communist is better

  6. #26
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,803
    Rep Power
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Chief View Post
    No. I can say Trump is a shithead. Wil you say the same of Hillary, Bernie or obumma? NOPE! Left double standard
    Nah, it's conservative ignorance and thinking that if you're not with one side, you must be with the other.

    Hillary is a shit bag.

    Obama was a phenomenal president.

    Bernie is a fucking independent, so what the fuck are you talking about? And I'd 100% have voted for him.

    All 3 were better options than the idiot who's embarrassing the office right now.

  7. #27
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,803
    Rep Power
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Subversive communist is better
    Better than racist rapist.

  8. #28
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25,726
    Rep Power
    268
    That van is fucking clean as a whistle. And those stickers are so well composed.

    And the packages and the bombs were the complete opposite.


    This guy should have been left in jail, long ago.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  9. #29
    Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    12,342
    Rep Power
    276
    I'd never say I have a problem with this place, it's not that, I'm happy for this outlet no matter what, but I will say there's a severe lack of banter, it's all very serious business. I come here for the lulz and because I honestly LIKE the core group of people that I've been bantering with since, what, 2003?

    Please don't take it personally, Pete. You're a good dude, I'll always think that about you no matter how much you hate me lol

  10. #30
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,803
    Rep Power
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I'd never say I have a problem with this place, it's not that, I'm happy for this outlet no matter what, but I will say there's a severe lack of banter, it's all very serious business. I come here for the lulz and because I honestly LIKE the core group of people that I've been bantering with since, what, 2003?

    Please don't take it personally, Pete. You're a good dude, I'll always think that about you no matter how much you hate me lol
    I don't take anything personally. It's the internet.

    My issue with you in political threads is that you have the luxury of being the peanut gallery. You're a fan chirping the bench because you've got the luxury of not really caring who wins or loses over here, because you're over there.

  11. #31
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25,726
    Rep Power
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I'd never say I have a problem with this place, it's not that, I'm happy for this outlet no matter what, but I will say there's a severe lack of banter, it's all very serious business. I come here for the lulz and because I honestly LIKE the core group of people that I've been bantering with since, what, 2003?

    Please don't take it personally, Pete. You're a good dude, I'll always think that about you no matter how much you hate me lol
    Itís always been banter similar to a few dudes drinking a couple beers discussing shit, friendly back and forth. But the hate for Trump, man, these guys have lost it. I understand not liking politicians and shit, but this an entirely new level. A few people canít go 3 posts without flipping out about trump. Itís sad. And not like a ďI donít want to hear itĒ, but people are struggling to function with their daily lives because of some propaganda they read. Almost to the point where I wouldnít be shocked if they were sending out pipe bombs. Fuck.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  12. #32
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,803
    Rep Power
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Itís always been banter similar to a few dudes drinking a couple beers discussing shit, friendly back and forth. But the hate for Trump, man, these guys have lost it. I understand not liking politicians and shit, but this an entirely new level. A few people canít go 3 posts without flipping out about trump. Itís sad. And not like a ďI donít want to hear itĒ, but people are struggling to function with their daily lives because of some propaganda they read. Almost to the point where I wouldnít be shocked if they were sending out pipe bombs. Fuck.
    You have a short memory from when Obama got elected and you lost your mind.

  13. #33
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    84,738
    Rep Power
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    It’s always been banter similar to a few dudes drinking a couple beers discussing shit, friendly back and forth. But the hate for Trump, man, these guys have lost it. I understand not liking politicians and shit, but this an entirely new level. A few people can’t go 3 posts without flipping out about trump. It’s sad. And not like a “I don’t want to hear it”, but people are struggling to function with their daily lives because of some propaganda they read. Almost to the point where I wouldn’t be shocked if they were sending out pipe bombs. Fuck.
    You say that like (A) those who despise Trump are incapable of rational discussion, and (B) though he weren't the most hated President in history. He's never held a single day in which the majority of the country thought favorably of him.

    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/

    "I understand not liking politicians," draws a false equivalance that paints Trump like any other politician. It's disingenuous from the start. Find me a GWB or Obama capitulation to Russia, or a whataboutism that deemed a far right march that resulted in the death of a protester run over on purpose as "very good people," or routine disagreement with their own intelligence, or anything similar and you'll have a leg to stand on.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  14. #34
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25,726
    Rep Power
    268
    Phil, your Facebook is more radical than the charged bomber’s.

    Too many people on both sides are losing their fucking minds. President Trump is not that radical (he’s a democrat!), but one side reacts, the other side overreacts, the first over over reacts, etc. people are losing their sanity. And Everyone is looking for a scapegoat for their frustrations. That is causing the divide.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  15. #35
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    84,738
    Rep Power
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Phil, your Facebook is more radical than the charged bomber’s.
    Yeah, somehow I doubt that very much. But I'm not surprised you might actually believe this given you also consider Trump just another politician. So I'll say it again since it's become my word of the week: DEGREE. It matters. A fuck ton.

    If you can't see the difference between rational, fact-based criticism of the President built on reputable reporting and a visual barage of ridiculing memes, and messages designed to "own the libs," we've got a lot of work ahead of us before we can even begin to have a serious conversation.

    Too many people on both sides are losing their fucking minds. President Trump is not that radical (he’s a democrat!), but one side reacts, the other side overreacts, the first over over reacts, etc. people are losing their sanity. And Everyone is looking for a scapegoat for their frustrations. That is causing the divide.
    What, exactly, does "not that radical" mean? We need an operating definition of that term in order for me to even respond. Becuase I think you and I have very different ideas of what that term actually means, especially with regard to his administration.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  16. #36
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,803
    Rep Power
    492
    Also stop....he isn't a demcrat. Good try blaming others for him.

    I also love how you act like it's the left that's losing their sanity... When you conveniently forget how the right acted when another party was in power.

  17. #37
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    711
    Rep Power
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Also stop....he isn't a demcrat. Good try blaming others for him.

    I also love how you act like it's the left that's losing their sanity...When you conveniently forget how the right acted when another party was in power.
    There's truth to this, but they also don't control the vast majority of the media like the left does so it wasn't nearly as widespread or "in your face".

    I also think the left used media and social media masterfully for quite some time, but I do wonder if it began to have adverse effects for them for a couple of reasons. First, I think the right has learned to mitigate that advantage by introducing doubt in what is being reported. Specifically Trump, who no question struck a chord for many voters attacking this point. The second is these people that post videos on social media of them following congressmen in public and berating them. It is just my opinion, and I don't think I'm alone, but it makes them look very juvenile and it's besides the point whether they have a good argument or not. These things then get propagated by the mainstream media. I think that they think it's to their advantage to spread it to as many people as they can, but I'm not sure it won't backfire on them.

    Should be interesting to see which way the votes swing this November.

  18. #38
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,803
    Rep Power
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    There's truth to this, but they also don't control the vast majority of the media like the left does so it wasn't nearly as widespread or "in your face".

    I also think the left used media and social media masterfully for quite some time, but I do wonder if it began to have adverse effects for them for a couple of reasons. First, I think the right has learned to mitigate that advantage by introducing doubt in what is being reported. Specifically Trump, who no question struck a chord for many voters attacking this point. The second is these people that post videos on social media of them following congressmen in public and berating them. It is just my opinion, and I don't think I'm alone, but it makes them look very juvenile and it's besides the point whether they have a good argument or not. These things then get propagated by the mainstream media. I think that they think it's to their advantage to spread it to as many people as they can, but I'm not sure it won't backfire on them.

    Should be interesting to see which way the votes swing this November.
    Left controls the media? There's a difference between a network skewing a certain way (cnn) and a network pandering to a demagougue audience of one (Fox News).

    Also...


  19. #39
    Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    12,342
    Rep Power
    276
    What to believe? A meme or your lying eyes?

  20. #40
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,803
    Rep Power
    492
    Yet another post where no one understands what you're talking about.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •