Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bombs Found In Mail Sent To The Clinton's Home And Obama

Senior Member BSBH Prospect

Bombs Found In Mail Sent To The Clinton's Home And Obama

An explosive device was discovered early Wednesday at Hillary and Bill Clinton’s Chappaqua home, while another one addressed to former President Obama was intercepted in Washington, DC, officials said.

A US official said investigators believe the “functional explosive device” found at the Clintons’ home in Westchester County is linked to one found Monday in the mailbox of billionaire George Soros’ house in Katonah.
    https://nypost.com/2018/10/24/bomb-f...clintons-home/

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Update in the NY Post link:
    Meanwhile, CNN reported that its Manhattan bureau at the Time Warner Center at 10 Columbus Circle has been evacuated because of a suspicious package.

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    This is awful stuff that – and it's really not my goal to make this about him again — but that is being exacerbated by Trump's political atmosphere of making everything us versus them.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    This is awful stuff that – and it's really not my goal to make this about him again — but that is being exacerbated by Trump's political atmosphere of making everything us versus them.
    This is not a Trump thing, exclusively. Bernie ran on it. Hilary and Warren both have emphasized that Americans are "fighters". Even Gary Johnson and Libertarians have these kinds of talking points, and that even disregards the influence that the discourse from Social Justice groups has.

The language between Reps and Dems is different - Reps lean towards "they" and Dems probably lean towards "we" - but both absolutely use us vs. them rhetoric. Every conversation about the economy, equality, immigration, abortion, guns etc. etc. basically turns into a "White men are awful" debate. Whether it's meant to be that way or not, and whether its merited or not, it is divisive. So again, this really just comes down to message delivery vs. actual message. That's a natural product of a two-party system.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Why would a right wing nut do this right before elections?

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    This is not a Trump thing, exclusively. Bernie ran on it. Hilary and Warren both have emphasized that Americans are "fighters". Even Gary Johnson and Libertarians have these kinds of talking points, and that even disregards the influence that the discourse from Social Justice groups has.

The language between Reps and Dems is different - Reps lean towards "they" and Dems probably lean towards "we" - but both absolutely use us vs. them rhetoric. Every conversation about the economy, equality, immigration, abortion, guns etc. etc. basically turns into a "White men are awful" debate. Whether it's meant to be that way or not, and whether its merited or not, it is divisive. So again, this really just comes down to message delivery vs. actual message. That's a natural product of a two-party system.
    The "us versus them" that Bernie ran on is wildly different than Trump, and you know it.

The 1% vs everyone else is the battle we should be fighting. Instead it's the wealthy elite staying in power while the rest of us fight over social issues that, at te end of the day, don't matter. Does anyone really care about gay marriage if their party wasn't making it an issue? Abortion? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The "us versus them" that Bernie ran on is wildly different than Trump, and you know it.
    Doesn't matter and, like I said, neither do the merits.

Both parties run on us vs. them, and any jump to violence based on that is on the individual. It's not as if there haven't been threats of violence against Trump. The CIA stopped a potential attack, what, 9 days ago? Plus, how much violent anti-Trump imagery has there been?....Kathy Griffin, Snoop, Madonna, off the top of my head. I don't blame Dems for violence or the threat of violence, but there is still the same us vs. them mentality that feeds into it.
    Last edited by Future; 10-24-2018 at 01:14 PM.

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    I guess it's another day for DEGREE. I'm with Pete on this, Mike. The language used absolutely matters. With Trump, you get authoritarian-style speeches that border on commandment. "Lock her up," "Build that wall," "enemy of the people," etc. These cannot in any justifiable way, be made equal to "when they go low we go high," or whatever other inclusive, though still marginally divisive language the Dems are using.

With Trump, specifically, the seeds of discord are sown deep. I mean, this is a guy who just boasted about being a nationalist on live television, fully understanding (to whatever capacity he can truly understand these things) the likelihood that that term would be associated with white nationalism. And not only did he do it, but he embraced it. That kind of behavior and speech becomes fuel for violent political pockets which in turn leads to events like this.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Doesn't matter and, like I said, neither do the merits.

Both parties run on us vs. them, and any jump to violence based on that is on the individual. It's not as if there haven't been threats of violence against Trump. The CIA stopped a potential attack, what, 9 days ago? Plus, how much violent anti-Trump imagery has there been?....Kathy Griffin, Snoop, Madonna, off the top of my head. I don't blame Dems for violence or the threat of violence, but there is still the same us vs. them mentality that feeds into it.
    It actually does matter, whether you admit it or not.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    I guess it's another day for DEGREE. I'm with Pete on this, Mike. The language used absolutely matters. With Trump, you get authoritarian-style speeches that border on commandment. "Lock her up," "Build that wall," "enemy of the people," etc. These cannot in any justifiable way, be made equal to "when they go low we go high," or whatever other inclusive, though still marginally divisive language the Dems are using.

With Trump, specifically, the seeds of discord are sown deep. I mean, this is a guy who just boasted about being a nationalist on live television, fully understanding (to whatever capacity he can truly understand these things) the likelihood that that term would be associated with white nationalism. And not only did he do it, but he embraced it. That kind of behavior and speech becomes fuel for violent political pockets which in turn leads to events like this.
    There's a big disconnect here, though.

The right will say "there's violence on both sides" and completely ignore that violence is being endorsed, if not mandated, by LEADERSHIP only on one side.

"Maybe my second amendment people can help..."

None of this matters unless you don't think that people are incapable of thought separate from their party affiliations and you want to absolve them of their own guilt. Otherwise, it's just a "marching orders" type of deal.

Hillary said that Robert Byrd was a "friend and mentor," does that mean Dems should embrace KKK leaders too? Should Dems feel empowered to think of those who have different beliefs as "deplorable?" Bernie rails against the 1% but is one, should his supporters turn on him? Taking a specific quote and then turning it into some insight for action is a silly exercise. Does nothing but create noise. I mean, let me ask you this, who do you blame for the assassination threat against Trump in Manila two weeks ago?

Both parties use us vs. them approaches, and arguing "degrees" simply deflects away from the fact that they all do it to place blame on Trump for something that has nothing to do with him.
    Last edited by Future; 10-24-2018 at 02:42 PM.

It actually does matter, whether you admit it or not.
    Not in the "us vs. them" context.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Who falls under us and them matters dude.

What happens when "them" is Nazis? Doesn't matter?

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    There's a big disconnect here, though.

The right will say "there's violence on both sides" and completely ignore that violence is being endorsed, if not mandated, by LEADERSHIP only on one side.

"Maybe my second amendment people can help..."
    Which side are you referring to?
    I’m not being snarky, honest question

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Squirt Division NY Chief's Avatar
    Oh bullshit. Waters encouraging confrontation, Holder saying to kick Reps when they're down, the Scalise shooting, Tim Kaine “fight in the streets against Trump.”, the “Shakespeare in the Park” production of Trump as Cesar being knifed to death, that asshole Griffin beheading a mock Trump, Silverman, Madonna, Snoop Dog,

Loretta Lynch... "Former U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch posted a video urging people to march, bleed, and die in the streets.
    In February, Obama’s attorney general posted a video in which she urged people to march and bleed in the streets to resist the president and his administration.

“It has been people, individuals who have banded together, ordinary people who simply saw what needed to be done and came together and supported those ideals who have made the difference. They’ve marched, they’ve bled and yes, some of them died. This is hard. Every good thing is. We have done this before. We can do this again,” Lynch stated."

You don't like Trump fine. But don't even try to lay it all at his feet and not call out the assholes on the other side inciting just as much. The looney left just can't take the push back.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    Which side are you referring to?
    I’m not being snarky, honest question

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Chief View Post
    Oh bullshit. Waters encouraging confrontation, Holder saying to kick Reps when they're down, the Scalise shooting, Tim Kaine “fight in the streets against Trump.”, the “Shakespeare in the Park” production of Trump as Cesar being knifed to death, that asshole Griffin beheading a mock Trump, Silverman, Madonna, Snoop Dog,

Loretta Lynch... "Former U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch posted a video urging people to march, bleed, and die in the streets.
    In February, Obama’s attorney general posted a video in which she urged people to march and bleed in the streets to resist the president and his administration.

“It has been people, individuals who have banded together, ordinary people who simply saw what needed to be done and came together and supported those ideals who have made the difference. They’ve marched, they’ve bled and yes, some of them died. This is hard. Every good thing is. We have done this before. We can do this again,” Lynch stated."

You don't like Trump fine. But don't even try to lay it all at his feet and not call out the assholes on the other side inciting just as much. The looney left just can't take the push back.
    Any of those names you mentioned running for, or sitting president?

There's the key differentiator.

Also, half your quotes are either out of context or not calling to attack the other side. Saying someone bled and died for change is suggesting attacking the other side.

Who falls under us and them matters dude.

What happens when "them" is Nazis? Doesn't matter?
    Sure, but that's not what I'm talking about here.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Sure, but that's not what I'm talking about here.
    Right. But the 1% vs the rest of us is what we're talking about, with Bernie. So it matters when you lump him in with other candidates.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Why would a right wing nut do this right before elections?
    Are you expecting reasoned and rational thought from someone who sent out multiple mail bombs?

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Are you expecting reasoned and rational thought from someone who sent out multiple mail bombs?
    Smart people are more than capable of doing bad things. Based on the targets it appears politically motivated, and it's not exactly easy to figure out how to put together bombs to put in the mail.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast