Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: [RS] (#9) Rangers vs. Florida Panthers // RAWR XD

Senior Member Squirt Division CBrowningPI's Avatar
    #ZZtop

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Bantam Division
    ^LOL and clever!

Quote Originally Posted by RodrigueGabriel View Post
    Pionk now has more points than Sidney Crosby.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    I'm ready to anoint Pionk as the team's best defender. No one else is as good on both side of the puck as this kid is. His play to Zib on the PP goal was incredible. His confidence is evident.
    Decided to give Pionk's D the white glove test last night and scrutinize any weak aspect. Watch him like a hawk and be critical, since he was on the top pair.

I got nothing. His D was excellent, did not see one misstep. He stuffed Barkov completely on one shift, then later got the better of him on Z's goal. He used his stick effectively to get/keep the puck away from the crease and slot. His poke check neutralized two rushes, was never out of position and moved the puck out of the zone or danger zones routinely. Granted, that was an excellent defensive game by the team. They managed to neuter Florida for 2 periods with what seemed like a blueline trap.

Did McQuaid's time in the pressbox motivate him to block more shots. Give the guy credit, he may not be fast, but that was definitely his most solid game defensively. And it wasn't just the shot-blocking. Maybe the rest is what really helped, and keeping him off the top pair. Or that Dubas was in the building. McQ and Zuc for Kap looks better today.

ZZdontsuc
    Last edited by Giacomin; 10-24-2018 at 10:40 AM.

Senior Member Squirt Division Progrocker's Avatar
    Nine games. Will Chytil get sent down?

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    He should be
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

I think Chytil is fine. He just needs to get one and relax.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Progrocker View Post
    Nine games. Will Chytil get sent down?
    I don't think 9 games matters for him. MSG reported Gorton stating that Chytil is in the right place (NYC). Doesn't seem like they will send him down. The downside, as was mentioned, is he needs to get his confidence going and that is a lot easier to do in Hartford.

That aside, I hope everyone sees how good he is and how much more development he has ahead of him. He is far from a finished product and that is meant as a high compliment. He just turned 19 and you can name 10 areas of growth for him, w/o breaking a sweat. It would be good to see him pot one soon.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 10-24-2018 at 10:55 AM.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    I think Chytil is fine. He just needs to get one and relax.
    A lot easier said than done for a 19 y/o. I think some time in the AHL will be much more beneficial for him.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member Mite Division RodrigueGabriel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Yeah. Looks like Sid's gonna make it a race.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    A lot easier said than done for a 19 y/o. I think some time in the AHL will be much more beneficial for him.
    Just meant he's pressing. One of these days he's bound to get a goal. And that will settle him in.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    I'm ready to anoint Pionk as the team's best defender. No one else is as good on both side of the puck as this kid is. His play to Zib on the PP goal was incredible. His confidence is evident.
    If he's the team's best defender we are in a shit ton of trouble.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    This game we saw
    Good goaltending
    Great pp. scoring goals, getting chances
    Good pk. Let in a goal, scored one, but wasnt a weak spot
    Good defensive structure in their own zone
    Controlled the play a lot. I don’t look at possession stats, but they always seemed to be controlling play
    They capitalized on opportunities

Should take some stress off players and coaches for a bit.
    Nice call last night on the game Josh man!!! The first period was an absolute snoozer though. I was able to watch the ending of The Fugitive without missing too much of that debacle. We came out really lethargic and I thought we were gonna get womped!

The shorty did the trick though...It was like 2 different teams after that. ...still liking Pionk! He's looks a lot more brave out there of late....made some good defensive plays as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Decided to give Pionk's D the white glove test last night and scrutinize any weak aspect. Watch him like a hawk and be critical, since he was on the top pair.

I got nothing. His D was excellent, did not see one misstep. He stuffed Barkov completely on one shift, then later got the better of him on Z's goal. He used his stick effectively to get/keep the puck away from the crease and slot. His poke check neutralized two rushes, was never out of position and moved the puck out of the zone or danger zones routinely. Granted, that was an excellent defensive game by the team. They managed to neuter Florida for 2 periods with what seemed like a blueline trap.

Did McQuaid's time in the pressbox motivate him to block more shots. Give the guy credit, he may not be fast, but that was definitely his most solid game defensively. And it wasn't just the shot-blocking. Maybe the rest is what really helped, and keeping him off the top pair. Or that Dubas was in the building. McQ and Zuc for Kap looks better today.

ZZdontsuc
    I liked what I saw Giac! Pretty good analysis above. I agree!

I wanna focus on Chytil a little more on Thursday night. I can't understand why this kid doesn't have it going yet. He's getting chances though, which is key. The rest is just a numbers game. He most likely just needs one to bounce off some defender's ass and deflect in...from there I think he can fill the net.

I wanna see my boy Howdy Dooty get a few more on this road trip. I like his game. He seems to be in position a lot of the time.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    nice win, going to enjoy it, especially with tough road trip coming up.
    at Chicago, at Kings, at Sharks, at Ducks
    Tough in distance I guess, but Chicago, LA and Anaheim are all bad teams lol

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post

ZZdontsuc
    Pionk's stick was really good, but he's pretty passive, especially in the neutral zone. He doesn't seem to make it difficult for guys to enter the zone, and that probably plays quite a bit into his analytics being so poor (even though Staal was a total anchor last night).

The issue with Pionk is that I don't think he's a good enough athlete - size, speed, strength - to be able to play a whole lot more aggressively.

Senior Member Bantam Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Could be...but he's an NHLer for sure, not bad for an undrafted signing.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    I agree he needs to get bigger and stronger. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with his speed.

swamped Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Tough in distance I guess, but Chicago, LA and Anaheim are all bad teams lol
    There are no road game gimmes for us, except for maybe Arizona or Detroit.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    If he's the team's best defender we are in a shit ton of trouble.
    Well considering we were planning on finishing last this season, Iíd say we already knew that.

I donít buy Skjei as the future of the defense and every time Pionk plays I think he stands out above everyone else. Staal, McQuaid, Smith, Shattenkirk donít impress but they will not be here when this thing rights itself ó or even beyond this season.
    GORTON 2020

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678