• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Quinn Post-Game/Practice Comments

The MSG "Connections" show with his and Leetch is a really good conversation.(One with Shatty and Dave Maloney too). They have known each other for 30 years since they were both part of the USA hockey framework and New England hotshots. Both get drafted early as American players started to make it into the NHL, Leetch becomes a HoFer, Quinn gets diagnosed with hemophilia, has a middling minor league career and takes the long way to the NHL in coaching. After hearing that could envision a scenario where Leetch might find his way to this staff when his kids get a bit older.

An underrated part of Quinn is the scratches. Not just for motivation of underperformers, but REST. Long season. And look at all the players we wore down over the years from too many hard minutes. I am Huge advocate of playing guys closer to 70 games a season.

He spent the whole presser after Calgary talking about how we had plenty of chances and couldn't finish.

It's the same thing AV always said about "plenty of good looks."

Doesn't make it less true. Rittich made 44 saves, several of them grade A chances. The finishing was shit. Unsurprisingly, because this team is completely devoid of goalscorers and I think we'll see many games like this over the season. The team "plays well enough to win" but doesn't because the players that are put in goal scoring situations aren't good enough.

Doesn't make it less true. Rittich made 44 saves, several of them grade A chances. The finishing was shit. Unsurprisingly, because this team is completely devoid of goalscorers and I think we'll see many games like this over the season. The team "plays well enough to win" but doesn't because the players that are put in goal scoring situations aren't good enough.

You figure, with this many potential 20-goal scorers that someone could net one once in awhile.

But you're leaving out the key differentiator... Quinn emphasizes more shots, not waiting for the perfect shot.

Throw it in front, get dirty around the net.

Guys are still passively playing on the outside, settling for long shots without screens or guys crashing too often. It's slowly changing.

That's the plan. Play well, develop, still lose, get Hughes.

Yea I don't really disagree with that. It's just funny that he's saying the same thing AV did.

OK firstly, no one knows what's going to happen in June, today lol.

Secondly, stop taking things so literally. Obviously the point is to show growth but still be in position to grab a very high pick, which seems likely at this time.

Many? Zib, Kreider & Hayes/Zucc at a push. None of whom are anywhere close to cracking 30.

That’s abysmal.

I think I'd expect more guys to score (or close in on) 20 that wouldnt.

Kreider, Zibs, Zucc, Hayes, Chytil, Buch, Vesey, Spooner

Bubble - Namestnikov, Fast

Wild card - Howden, Letteiri

No - McLeod

You rate these players way too highly joshua.

Kreider and Zib - ok

Zucc - has broken 20 once, playing in a much better team

Hayes - did it once

Namestnikov - did it once, playing with Stamkos and Kucherov

Spooner - never got near 20

Fast - ditto

Bit unfair to expect 20 goals from youngsters like Chytil, Howden & co playing on this team.

You rate these players way too highly joshua.

Kreider and Zib - ok

Zucc - has broken 20 once, playing in a much better team

Hayes - did it once

Namestnikov - did it once, playing with Stamkos and Kucherov

Spooner - never got near 20

Fast - ditto

Bit unfair to expect 20 goals from youngsters like Chytil, Howden & co playing on this team.

They're all young. Don't you expect them to continue to progress? I don't know if any of these guys have topped out on development.

Guys like Hayes and Zuccarello will be getting more minutes. I dont see why that cant be expected to improve their stats.

I thought Spooner had reached 20 the last season. Oh well. He has the offensive ability to do it, if he shows up.

Zucc is 31.

Fast is what he is. I don’t mind him, but he’s not a goal scorer.

Hayes, no. I really don’t see him improving drastically. At least not here.

Spooner and Namestnikov are 5/10 players and will bounce around the league.

Buch, Howden and Chytil, definitely.

They're all young. Don't you expect them to continue to progress? I don't know if any of these guys have topped out on development.

Guys like Hayes and Zuccarello will be getting more minutes. I dont see why that cant be expected to improve their stats.

I thought Spooner had reached 20 the last season. Oh well. He has the offensive ability to do it, if he shows up.

Do you really except Hayes to score more than 25 goals,plus we know what to expect from Zuc

Do you really except Hayes to score more than 25 goals,plus we know what to expect from Zuc

Sure. Why not? He played mostly third line minutes, little PP, and mostly in a defensive role last season. I think Hayes should be scoring 25 goals every season.

Gravesy - Zucc should also be getting more opportunities with vets leaving and youngsters not ready for certain minutes. Time to step up and take on a bigger role.

I think they are capable.

Archived