Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers Sending Two Scouts to Leafs/Pens Game; Nylander?

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    This reminds me of all the posts starting late last year showing Taveras as our first line center. Probably will end up the same way that pipe dream did.

Hopefully someone can post this twitter post. It's worth a laugh and it's beyond comical with the way they've been playing.

https://twitter.com/NYRangers/status...60525309988864
    Last edited by jsrangers; 10-18-2018 at 07:12 PM.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    If we are going to dream AND help Toronto win a Cup, asap:

* Send them Hank at 50% or Georgiev
    * Any RHD in our org (if Shatty we'll absorb $1.5 mil per)
    * Buch
    * Zuc
    * Lias or trade Hayes for something Dubas wants

In return we get MARNER, the guy who can drive play on the 1st line.

They can sign Nylander for less than Marner. For this pipedream, we'll need Babcock to again forget Marner isn't Kopitar on D, which may never happen. Or Dubas to play a version of moneyball that values a well-balanced complete team over one elite smallish forward on the cusp of a massive contract.

Bigger than the Nash trade. Five for 1. We get the best player. They fill all their needs in one fell swoop. Some very good cheap youth, proven Vets, an RHD, depth, and a goalie ready to win it all at half price. Though far-fetched this deal would advance the goals of both teams.
    Seriously? Not a video game.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Scouting Nylander in a game he isn't playing?

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    Seriously? Not a video game.
    Lol, I served you up the perfect hanging curve, knew you'd smack it.

Not very serious, but trying to make a few points. The first being that we need a player like Marner, not Nylander. And I like Nylander a lot. Not only does Marner's style fit better, but he's an impact game changer and drives play against the best. Nylander is not even at the game anyway.

Also wanted to write-out what it would take in assets to get that caliber What a deal with Toronto would look like and the perfect circumstances/match necessary. Including both team's current and future cap concerns. We see the cost is significant and painful, even if we hold onto our cachet of LHDs and Chytil/Howden/Kravtsov/Shesty.

Not that it matters, but unlike Josh, I bet you'd do that deal. It makes the team better in the long run. It could truly improve Toronto's short term Cup chances too. So a win-win. However, they are not dealing Marner. Yet, I bet they realize they will need to add a top 4 defender, really a top pair. Preferably a righty. If I'm Dubas I'd look to trade Nylander in a Seth Jones like deal. Or maybe settle for a guy like Dumba? Eh. The Leafs have to find a partner like Columbus did, but it's not easy.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 10-19-2018 at 03:26 AM.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    If Nylander isn’t playing, why would we send scouts there for him? Wouldn’t it make more sense for Toronto to send scouts to the Rangers games if it involved Nylander?
    Lol, yes.

Teams scouting this game, from a Toronto perspective, means that they're trying to unload somebody to make room for Nylander...idk who the Rangers would be interested in. Kapanen or Leivo are the only two that really make sense. For Pitt, I wonder if the Rangers would be interested in Sprong. Maybe a Zucc/Sprong type of swap could work, but I don't know why the Pens would have any interest in that at this point of the season.

There is nothing the Rangers could offer that would make Dubas trade Marner.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Lol, yes.

Teams scouting this game, from a Toronto perspective, means that they're trying to unload somebody to make room for Nylander...idk who the Rangers would be interested in. Kapanen or Leivo are the only two that really make sense. For Pitt, I wonder if the Rangers would be interested in Sprong. Maybe a Zucc/Sprong type of swap could work, but I don't know why the Pens would have any interest in that at this point of the season.
    Connor Brown.

But the only thing the Rangers should worry about is first line/pair talent. Brown, Kapanen, Sprong... we are stocked with these middlers that rely on others to be effective.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Connor Brown.

But the only thing the Rangers should worry about is first line/pair talent. Brown, Kapanen, Sprong... we are stocked with these middlers that rely on others to be effective.
    I left Brown off b/c he's cost controlled and has no upside. Sprong and Kapanen could play top-6 on this team tomorrow. Leivo's meh, but he's a pending RFA so TOR might be looking to move him.

I left Brown off b/c he's cost controlled and has no upside. Sprong and Kapanen could play top-6 on this team tomorrow. Leivo's meh, but he's a pending RFA so TOR might be looking to move him.
    Sure, but they won't be successful, or make the players around them better.

We should not be focusing on secondary players, as that's not a necessity during a rebuild or re-success of the franchise.

Sure, but they won't be successful, or make the players around them better.

We should not be focusing on secondary players, as that's not a necessity during a rebuild or re-success of the franchise.
    I didn't say focus on them - I'm saying those are the types of guys NYR would be scouting right now.

Sprong/Kapanen and a pick is a really good return for Zucc...and whether the Rangers are trading Zucc/Hayes/Kreider...whoever...secondary players is what you're going to get unless you find a gem late in the first round.

I’m really not sure why the Leafs would give us Kapanen and a pick for Zucc.
    Would be a dreadful deal for them.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect

Rangers Sending Two Scouts to Leafs/Pens Game; Nylander?

Obviously the real players on the move are Matthews or Crosby

Skjei and Zucc straight up
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

//reported Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    I’m really not sure why the Leafs would give us Kapanen and a pick for Zucc.
    Would be a dreadful deal for them.
    Lol, they won't. If they sign Willy, then MAYBE Kap is on the move since he's an RFA at the end of the season, but I just don't think the Rangers have the assets to get him. I don't think TOR would be interested in any of our Dmen.
    LGR!

I didn't say focus on them - I'm saying those are the types of guys NYR would be scouting right now.

Sprong/Kapanen and a pick is a really good return for Zucc...and whether the Rangers are trading Zucc/Hayes/Kreider...whoever...secondary players is what you're going to get unless you find a gem late in the first round.
    Not sure we'd see anything close to that for Zucc.
    And not sure why Toronto or Pittsburgh is giving up picks and cost controlled young players, especially for Zucc. I could see Pittsburgh pushing for Hayes, and Toronto for DeAngelo/McQuaid. So you probably end up with Hyman and Smith's drinking buddy.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    And not sure why Toronto or Pittsburgh is giving up picks and cost controlled young players, especially for Zucc. I could see Pittsburgh pushing for Hayes, and Toronto for DeAngelo/McQuaid. So you probably end up with Hyman and Smith's drinking buddy.
    Yea. Zucc also isn't helping his stock value with his current play. The guy's been a non factor.

I don't think his trade value was that high to begin with.

Nash could fill multiple roles for a team. Zuccarello is a perimeter player that can make a pass, and used to put up 50 points.

There are much better rentals, come deadline.
    https://www.capfriendly.com/browse/f...l/forwards/ufa

Kapanen is not cost controlled, that's the point, so he could be the guy that gets moved to make room for Nylander.

And didn't really mean Zucc, exclusively, for Kapanen. I just meant including him as a package. But he would make sense for TOR in that he would give much the same production as Kapanen without committing cap dollars for next year. He'd be a good rental for TOR, and would be highly productive playing with JT and Marleau.

I don't think his trade value was that high to begin with.

Nash could fill multiple roles for a team. Zuccarello is a perimeter player that can make a pass, and used to put up 50 points.

There are much better rentals, come deadline.
    https://www.capfriendly.com/browse/f...l/forwards/ufa
    What do you mean used to put up 50? He had 53 last year and, though he's not playing his best this year, is well beyond that pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    There is nothing the Rangers could offer that would make Dubas trade Marner.
    And that’s the point. Giac is going on how Marner is like Kane only he’s 22. So why in hell would Dubas want a bundle of blah for him. If Marner was ever on the table he’d be moved for a top defenseman. They are ready to win now they are not trading for our crap.

What do you mean used to put up 50? He had 53 last year and, though he's not playing his best this year, is well beyond that pace.
    It’s McD all over again.
    People are expecting all kinds of returns whereas in fact we’ll be lucky to get a 1st never mind an established, young player for the guys being moved at the deadline.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast