Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Rangers Sending Two Scouts to Leafs/Pens Game; Nylander?

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I did. Pastrnak and Barkov.
    Barkov came off his ELC with 1 season of 59 points. Pastrnak had one full season in the league and scored 70. Pastrank got $6.66 x 6, its not crazy for Nylander with two 60 point seasons on his ELC to get $333k more then Pastrnak a year later.

Moderator Junior Division
    I did. Pastrnak and Barkov.
    In what way do you mean that they are Nylander's peers?

They are both franchise players.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    I think Ehlers is the best comparison
    Was coming off 2 consecutive seasons, right around 60 points.
    same age
    not a franchise player

got 7 x $6m w/moditifed NTC for the last 3 years.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Barkov came off his ELC with 1 season of 59 points. Pastrnak had one full season in the league and scored 70. Pastrank got $6.66 x 6, its not crazy for Nylander with two 60 point seasons on his ELC to get $333k more then Pastrnak a year later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post

They are both superior players, so who is paying more for Nylander than Pastrnak a year later?

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend

Now. At the time's of their extensions it wasn't as apparent, but the teams bought in. Which is what they'd be doing with Nylander.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Now. At the time's of their extensions it wasn't as apparent, but the teams bought in. Which is what they'd be doing with Nylander.
    I think it was pretty clear when both of them signed, and both took team-friendly deals.

Nylander isn't going to be the franchise player there, so I'm not really sure they'd be his peers, in any sense. In terms of the contract, I'm not sure that Nylander does have peers.

They are both superior players, so who is paying more for Nylander than Pastrnak a year later?
    What Phil said.

During Nylander's negotiation, Pastrnak's 80 point season doesn't count.

I think it was pretty clear when both of them signed, and both took team-friendly deals.

Nylander isn't going to be the franchise player there, so I'm not really sure they'd be his peers, in any sense. In terms of the contract, I'm not sure that Nylander does have peers.
    Of course he does. Peer isn't synonymous with exact. It just means similar. Ehlers might be the most perfect one of all given production, age, percentage of cap, and roster composition (not being the guy, but a guy in addition to the guy).
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

Of course he does. Peer isn't synonymous with exact. It just means similar. Ehlers might be the most perfect one of all given production, age, percentage of cap, and roster composition (not being the guy, but a guy in addition to the guy).
    None of them are similar, because none of them held out until December, and none of them asked for an above-market contract.

None of them are similar, because none of them held out until December, and none of them asked for an above-market contract.

1. Holding out is irrelevant to whether or not other players have similar production, age, etc. as you.
    2. He's not asking for an above-market contract (as far as I've read). Everything I've seen suggests his percentage of cap is well within the confines of a rising cap relative to his peers.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

1. Holding out is irrelevant to whether or not other players have similar production, age, etc. as you.
    2. He's not asking for an above-market contract (as far as I've read). Everything I've seen suggests his percentage of cap is well within the confines of a rising cap relative to his peers.
    Ok, but that's why I said "IN Terms of his contract." I'm not talking about production.

Barkov signed at 7.8%, Pastrnak at 8.8%, Nylander, if asking $7.9, is at 9.9%.

Ok, but that's why I said "IN Terms of his contract." I'm not talking about production.

Barkov signed at 7.8%, Pastrnak at 8.8%, Nylander, if asking $7.9, is at 9.9%.
    Where'd the $7.9M figure come from? I was under the impression he was looking in that $6.5-7M range.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Where'd the $7.9M figure come from? I was under the impression he was looking in that $6.5-7M range.
    Might have been Dreger or LeBrun, think it was on Twitter.

Nylander has come down to ~$7, but the initial ask was around 8 b/c of Draisaitl. Can't find the $7.9 number, specifically, right now, but I think it was on TWitter somewhere.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-105...tion-1.1171910

HNIC BSBH Legend
    The Leafs are going to tell Nylander, "Pasta makes this, and Barkov makes that, and we're not paying you X more than they're getting paid", and they're going to do that because they want that barometer or metric for Marner and Mattews.

Use whatever players you want instead of Pasta and Barkov, the sentiment applies. And they have all the leverage.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Pionk, Zucc, McQuaid 2nd rounder.
    Just get it done. Crap, see if they want to swap Kadri for Hayes too..

Might have been Dreger or LeBrun, think it was on Twitter.

Nylander has come down to ~$7, but the initial ask was around 8 b/c of Draisaitl. Can't find the $7.9 number, specifically, right now, but I think it was on TWitter somewhere.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-105...tion-1.1171910
    Oh, well that makes sense. His ask is high so that they hit the number he actually wants. If TO is offering 6 and he's at 8, it's pretty clear he'd like 7. That's like 8 and change percent of a $79.5M cap.

The Leafs are going to tell Nylander, "Pasta makes this, and Barkov makes that, and we're not paying you X more than they're getting paid", and they're going to do that because they want that barometer or metric for Marner and Mattews.

Use whatever players you want instead of Pasta and Barkov, the sentiment applies. And they have all the leverage.
    And Nylander's agent is going to come back to percentage of cap and tell them "take whatever those guys make, determine the percentage of the available cap, and apply it here. We'll take that." It's probably somewhere in the range of $7M per.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend
    And Nylander's agent is going to come back to percentage of cap and tell them "take whatever those guys make, determine the percentage of the available cap, and apply it here. We'll take that." It's probably somewhere in the range of $7M per.
    Which I assume has already happened and the Leafs have already said "William isn't David, so here's $6."

Marner and Matthews are going to be pointing at McDavid and Eichel, not Pastrnak and Barkov...

Which I assume has already happened and the Leafs have already said "William isn't David, so here's $6."
    ...and that's why they're where they are. So, trade him already.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast