Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Musical Guilty Pleasures... Be Honest

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Man, I bump Ke$ha hard and don't give a flying fuck. Whoa-oh-oh Oh-oh-oh-oh Oh-oh! THIS PLACE ABOUT TO...

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

//reported Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Man, I bump Ke$ha hard and don't give a flying fuck. Whoa-oh-oh Oh-oh-oh-oh Oh-oh! THIS PLACE ABOUT TO...
    BLOWW WHOA OH OH OH OHHH OHHHH
    BLOWWWWWEOW OH IH IH OU BLOHHHHH
    LGR!

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    dancing.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Chief View Post
    Can't tell you HALF the s&^t that went down at CB's...yeah, the Ramones boys knew how to party but not like some of the junkies that made that place HQ. There's a movie about Hilly Crystal and CB's that's pretty accurate about the stink and err, restrooms. Debbie H was pretty crazy. Spent a long cold drive in a van from NY to northern CT with her. She was looking to "keep warm" but decided the bass player was cuter... (story of my musician life). The punk guys weren't really trying to avoid musical skill, trust me. It came naturally.... Ian Hunter was the best. After our first show the leader of my band asked if I wanted to meet Ian. Yeah, I'm gonna say no. We walked into his dressing room and stopped mid sentence, looked at me and said "Mate, you're one hell of a guitar player" What he DID'NT do is follow that with "Wanna join my band?" (the story of my musician life...)

Just turned on to some old local LA down and dirty blues that were pretty big time locally. Stones, Clapton, the Kings supposedly all came to see them when they were in town. The Red Devils and the other fav Johnny Mastro and Momma's Boys. There's a great local roots, rockabilly, blues scene here in Long Beach. High caliber players. Another band I just happened on is Cadillac Moon. They are the band playing in the bar scene in Devils Advocate. Never noticed it 'til just recently. KILLER groove to Show Me Your Tattto. And St Paul and the Broken Bones I just caught on a TV special. Little chunky nerdy white guy singer sounds like friggin Otis Redding!!!!!

The LI copy scene was killer back in the day. Local band called Rat Race Choir had a guitar player that would have destroyed Van Halen at his own game if he got the same recogintion
    Holy shit, great stuff, great times. Debbie, the rebel bunny, a sexy free wheeling blondie? Ha, you almost got lucky.

You probably met photographer Mick Rock, he was all over CB's and Max's KC. Check out the cool documentary about him called SHOT! It has Mick's audiotapes and obviously pics of the scene and will really take you back. Speaking of junkies, it covers his addiction too, but well done.

St Paul and BBs, I dig. I'll have to check-out some of the others. Definitely would love to hear half-the-shit. Can you remember most of it?
    Last edited by Giacomin; 10-26-2018 at 05:33 AM.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    I like Brittney Spears. My wife actually tried to win me tickets to see her at Radio City.

Love Britney.
    LGR!

Senior Member Mite Division NY Chief's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Holy shit, great stuff, great times. Debbie, the rebel bunny, a sexy free wheeling blondie? Ha, you almost got lucky.

You probably met photographer Mick Rock, he was all over CB's and Max's KC. Check out the cool documentary about him called SHOT! It has Mick's audiotapes and obviously pics of the scene and will really take you back. Speaking of junkies, it covers his addiction too, but well done.

St Paul and BBs, I dig. I'll have to check-out some of the others. Definitely would love to hear half-the-shit. Can you remember most of it?
    Don't remember Mick and yeah I prob don't remember too much anyway....I got there later ( '78-'79) when it was getting more hard core (Dictators, Dead Boys, Voidiods, Patti Smith was there often)
    I was only about 18-19 and and wide eyed Long Island boy. But I was there most times with one of the founders of the NY Dolls (Rick Rivets, kicked out right before they broke!) so I had cred. I do remember being there one night when Bowie and Lou Reed were in the club. I couldn't get near them though.

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by jjweimar View Post
    Taylor Swift especially shake it off

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    Love me some Tay Tay

Jason Derulo
    LGR!

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Chief View Post
    Don't remember Mick and yeah I prob don't remember too much anyway....I got there later ( '78-'79) when it was getting more hard core (Dictators, Dead Boys, Voidiods, Patti Smith was there often)
    I was only about 18-19 and and wide eyed Long Island boy. But I was there most times with one of the founders of the NY Dolls (Rick Rivets, kicked out right before they broke!) so I had cred. I do remember being there one night when Bowie and Lou Reed were in the club. I couldn't get near them though.
    Oh, you have to check-out SHOT! then. Mick Rock was a Brit who lived in NYC. I mentioned Mick's audiotapes, but forgot to say they're intimate chats with mostly Lou Reed and with Bowie, among other. Amazing conversations, especially with Reed.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Some Chris Brown songs
    Zero
    FUN
    Cinderella
    Some pre-beat women shit
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Post beat women shit is aight too. Lol.
    Did you ever notice how much Rihanna's voice changed after CB beat her up?
    LGR!

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Mentioned above...Rat Race Chior - my ears are still ringing nearly 40 years after hearing them. Loudest band I ever heard in a club near Fordham U. or was it at the school in a concert inside the gym? Too dazed and confused to remember.

Mindi Abair blows a mean sax
    Diddo
    Brandi Carlile
    Last edited by 4EverRangerFrank; 10-31-2018 at 03:24 PM.

Senior Member Mite Division NY Chief's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    Mentioned above...Rat Race Chior - my ears are still ringing nearly 40 years after hearing them. Loudest band I ever heard in a club near Fordham U. or was it at the school in a concert inside the gym? Too dazed and confused to remember.
    Band was GREAT!!!! Easily as good as any of the heavyweights at the time. Zep, Who, Tull, UK... the guitar player Mark Hitt easily as good as Van Halen. In fact they did a 40 year reunion show last Dec on Long Island. Since then I have been doing Skype guitar lessons with Mark. And he's better than ever. The current line up of Rat Race just played a 50th anniversary date!

Sucks that of all the great bands at the time Twisted Sister was the one that made it the furthest out of that scene.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234