Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamal Khashoggi

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Please keep it on topic fellas. Thanks

Senior Member Midget Division
    Dunny where are you? You were here posting but looks like there were some deletions. Did you address my post or are you ducking me?

Where do you stand on anything Khashoggi? The 1st Amendment? On the administration's handling of the issue? On the whispering campaign that Khashoggi had it coming? By Trumpists, Fox employees and the admin? What do you think of last night's rally in Montana where Trump applauds and acts out an attack on a reporter by the GOP Montana candidate? He actually mimes the body slam of the reporter for the Guardian, but skipped the part where he jumps on top of him and punch the reporter when he was down. Did you think Trump's performance at his rally, promoting two-bit thuggery was impressive leadership? That it makes America look like the shining city on the hill or does this appeal to our most primitive urges, not our better angels?

I have no idea what you think about these things, if you only refer to Fox talking points from Fox and guests.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    lol, I have a job dude.

I also despise journalists. Scum. Of. The. Earth.

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    CNN reporting that Saudi Arabia is now acknowledging Khashoggi is dead and that they have detained 18 Saudis in connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

What I don't understand is why this has the legs it has, but the destruction of Yemen gets nothing. It's mind boggling.

You want to know where I'm most disappointed in Trump? It's foreign policy. It's obvious his intuition is to get out of the M.E. but he allows himself to be manipulated by the war mongering neo-cons, neo-Libs and Israel firsters.

John Bolton is scary. Nikki Haley is actually quite scary. John McCain was scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    CNN reporting that Saudi Arabia is now acknowledging Khashoggi is dead and that they have detained 18 Saudis in connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Killed "in a fight" lmao

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Killed "in a fight" lmao
    Do they not dismember people after fights in your country??
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

I don't think so or I'd dare say I'd be scattered across Bentinck Township by now with my record.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    There should be a serious consideration of eliminating all party affiliations. The notion of party has become a toxic identifier of ideology. But by who’s definition? Everything has become more warped than anything you’d see on two hits of blotter. Geezus. *shakes head in genuine disgust*

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Killed "in a fight" lmao
    Yeah, I dunno about you, but I normally carry around a bone saw with me just in case I get into a fight. This way I can, um, accidentally decapitate my opponent?
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Mite Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Yeah, I dunno about you, but I normally carry around a bone saw with me just in case I get into a fight. This way I can, um, accidentally decapitate my opponent?
    Who doesn't? It's only common sense.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Weston Butcher Saw with 22 Inch Stainless Steel Blade (47-2201) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000T3OV1C..._5rjZBbEBNSZ7R

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    There should be a serious consideration of eliminating all party affiliations. The notion of party has become a toxic identifier of ideology. But by who’s definition? Everything has become more warped than anything you’d see on two hits of blotter. Geezus. *shakes head in genuine disgust*
    We are going the opposite direction. There is more labeling than ever.
    Plus, it ensures the 2 parties will continue to get the majority of votes
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

What I don't understand is why this has the legs it has, but the destruction of Yemen gets nothing. It's mind boggling.

You want to know where I'm most disappointed in Trump? It's foreign policy. It's obvious his intuition is to get out of the M.E. but he allows himself to be manipulated by the war mongering neo-cons, neo-Libs and Israel firsters.

John Bolton is scary. Nikki Haley is actually quite scary. John McCain was scary.
    If you mean policy is foreign to Trump, I hear ya.

Let's not forget Trump's ridiculous tweet war with Kim. It was pretty comforting and grounded in strategic planning.

Well we agree about Bolton, a Trump appt. He is such a rogue piece of shit (remember when he went around Bush 1 to pursue his own foreign policy) he could only be nominated for a position that did not require Senate confirmation. Years ago, he worked hard to pull our support for the International Criminal Court and the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty. Now he is going to help Trump dismantle the long standing Nukes agreement with Russia.

BTW, a war hawk like Bolton wouldn't dodge the Draft by registering for the Maryland Nat Guard days before his # was about to be called? When some of his contemporaries called him out, he blamed Teddy Kennedy, admitting he did not want to fight cause Teddy would give Vietnam back to the commies.

As for Yemen, some in the press are reporting about it, but not Fox. But they are mostly newtainment and propoganda so what do you expect? Besides the press though, we have a repub admin, repub, senate and repub house, so where are the leaders of this government monopoly? It is mind boggling.

Last edited by Giacomin; 10-22-2018 at 10:47 AM.

What I don't understand is the lack of reporting on Trump's financial conflict of interest regarding the Saudi's. All the business dealings he and Jared have and are planning with them. Trump's blatant violations of the Emoluments Clause in our Constitution. We are learning why this is critical when managing the affairs of our country first. Republican congressmen that he is close to are running counter to Trump's messaging to the US and the world on the Khashoggi murder.

I wonder why everyone isn't outraged. Putting yourself before the U.S.A. as President is beyond unacceptable, it is impeachable. The grotesque daily lies to the American people is a complete abomination and most Republican's of integrity have disavowed Trump and the current direction of the party.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 10-22-2018 at 02:22 PM.

lol, I have a job dude.

I also despise journalists. Scum. Of. The. Earth.
    That is a very curious and interesting statement. I'm not sure what to make of it, can you elaborate? I'm particularly struck by "despise journalists". It clearly says you have hatred for all journalists. You think they are "Scum of the Earth". It is one thing to dislike or take a swipe at the field, even call-out bad journalists. But why the hate? That takes a lot of energy and a level of cynicism that approaches a Unibomber mentality w/o the violence, of course.

Why the sweeping condemnation? Do you appreciate the role of the free press? These aren't lawyers or politicians we are talking about. 99.3% make less money than Larry Brooks. I know you studied the Weimar Republic and the Rise of the 3rd Reich, what gives? Do you think you've been conditioned to hate the free press? Does this go back to the old 80's conservative talk radio schtick of Rush's dogmatic railing against "mainstream media", which Hanity later copied, all before Fox was a twinkle in your eye. Is it that you feel as a good conservative the press should be vilified? I'm asking seriously.

What about when the Dems or libs are in power, you think Tucker should get body slammed and Hanity should be assassinated by a god fearing Muslim from Yemen? And the Dem President should applaud it and make excuses for the Yemen leader who ordered it because he has financial interest with that leader?
    Last edited by Giacomin; 10-22-2018 at 02:44 PM.

I've commissioned Conrad Black to write a suitable, lengthy reply. Please stand by.

For those who missed it, Trump is buying the latest Saudi lie, I mean explanation. Nobody else is, but hey I trust Trump is looking out for the country and appreciate his intellect and research on these matters.

I've commissioned Conrad Black to write a suitable, lengthy reply. Please stand by.
    lol, i had to look that guy up too. awesome.

Please appreciate that only about 85% of the press either suck or kinda suck. That is better than most industries. I've had plenty of first hand run-ins with the numbskulls in the press, in both my businesses. I'd constantly have writers ask me to essentially write their stories on the Internet?Web/App industry because they did not have the subject matter expertise. You'd then read the story and they'd still fuck it up and make it seem like they knew their stuff. In the music industry the press are scummy, but less so than the promoters or record companies.

That does not mean that the high caliber journalists at the Times, Post or Wall St Journal all suck the way Hanitucker wants you to believe.

Banned Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    and common sense is disappearing fast.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast