• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Sandwich Info?

phillyb

Sure is. Some people like terrible sandwiches, like my wife. Bread, black olives, and swiss. That's it. Objectively bad. It's cool she likes it. But a solid Sammy is a thousand times better. :rofl:

This thought hasn't left my mind since last season...and I've been so tempted to try it. I love olives, but they're the worst kind of olives. Swiss cheese is basically the same thing. There are a million good cheeses and swiss, to me, is near the bottom of the cheese hierarchy.

So you pair these two lowly food items within their own class hierarchy and you're basically set up for disaster.

Phil, does she put anything on the bread?

I have been so fucking disgustingly intrigued since reading this post, but I just don't have the havarti (read: heart) to buy swiss (I generally have a can of black olives though).

This thought hasn't left my mind since last season...and I've been so tempted to try it. I love olives, but they're the worst kind of olives. Swiss cheese is basically the same thing. There are a million good cheeses and swiss, to me, is near the bottom of the cheese hierarchy.

So you pair these two lowly food items within their own class hierarchy and you're basically set up for disaster.

Phil, does she put anything on the bread?

I have been so fucking disgustingly intrigued since reading this post, but I just don't have the havarti (read: heart) to buy swiss (I generally have a can of black olives though).

Bread. Black olives. Swiss. That's. It.

It's awful.

Jeez. I'm assuming she doesn't cook much, eh?

I can wrap my head around how awful that sounds, but to taste, I fear it might be worse.

Edit - I'm also trying to think of a condiment that might make it at all...edible. And the only things I come up with make it so much worse - Mayo. DISGUSTING.

Tapanade - why? Already got olives.

Mustard - christ almighty, this sandwich doesn't have enough to warrant mustard.

No condiments = gross.

Condiments = grosser.

Congrats to your wife, she may have broken the "get me a sammich" meme.

Edit again - Imagine the memers who are like, "YEAH BITCH GET ME A SANDWICH" and the girl comes back with black olives and swiss. What do?

She did her job...right?

Hahahaha

False. That has tomato and what appear to be good minced olives used as a spread (tapenade) coupled with a nice blend of olives in the background. Not to mention, the bread looks bueno.

GTFO.

I'm picturing this:

0fhvQI5.png

M3tKujf.png

VXEFVeH.png

Phil, who's more correct?

sammy, hero, sammich

SlUPWTz.gif

Sandwiches and Heros are not the same thing...I mean, yeah they have bread, but I'd never put a hoagie (hero, grinder, sub) and a turkey sandwich in the same thread.

edit - wait, yes i did though by talking about subway. hahaha. i hope i kick your ass in fantasy this week. that's all.

Jeez. I'm assuming she doesn't cook much' date=' eh?[/b']

I can wrap my head around how awful that sounds, but to taste, I fear it might be worse.

Edit - I'm also trying to think of a condiment that might make it at all...edible. And the only things I come up with make it so much worse - Mayo. DISGUSTING.

Tapanade - why? Already got olives.

Mustard - christ almighty, this sandwich doesn't have enough to warrant mustard.

No condiments = gross.

Condiments = grosser.

Congrats to your wife, she may have broken the "get me a sammich" meme.

Edit again - Imagine the memers who are like, "YEAH BITCH GET ME A SANDWICH" and the girl comes back with black olives and swiss. What do?

She did her job...right?

Hahahaha

No, she actually does. And she's great at it. It's what makes her sandwich choice so god damned baffeling.

I'm sure yours is exactly what Phil is referring to, but the other is still an Olive and Swiss sandwich...and one worth eating.

Apparently.

No, she actually does. And she's great at it. It's what makes her sandwich choice so god damned baffeling.

Can she pass some of that?

:slats:

Archived