Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-19 Reports From the Rink — Practice Updates Thread

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    I wasn’t commenting to you. It’s just seems the entire fan base has had it with him, yet thus far this year he’s actually performing up to his expectations if not better. Meanwhile there are a bunch of guys who the fan base give a pass on. Namely buchnevich, Zuccarello, Shattenkirk, skeij, spooner, and even chytil. All for different reasons do people give them a pass and some reasons are valid. Like chytil age for starters. Yet if we are honest all have underperformed up to the expectation of what they’d produce this far. Vessey has not but come the game threads, it’s him that draws the ire.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    I wasn’t commenting to you. It’s just seems the entire fan base has had it with him, yet thus far this year he’s actually performing up to his expectations if not better. Meanwhile there are a bunch of guys who the fan base give a pass on. Namely buchnevich, Zuccarello, Shattenkirk, skeij, spooner, and even chytil. All for different reasons do people give them a pass and some reasons are valid. Like chytil age for starters. Yet if we are honest all have underperformed up to the expectation of what they’d produce this far. Vessey has not but come the game threads, it’s him that draws the ire.
    G and Nash is gone, so people need a new scapegoat. It cant be a new player or rookie - so for most people its Vesey or Hayes.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    G and Nash is gone, so people need a new scapegoat. It cant be a new player or rookie - so for most people its Vesey or Hayes.

And Staal, and Skjei.

Justified when it comes to Staal in all fairness.

Banned Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post

not true. I started ragging on Vesey last year when Nash was still on the team. oh and I never ragged on Nash or Girardi. I usually never rag on anyone but Vesey pisses me off. Zucc might be next.

just watch Vesey closely. 75% of the time, if not more, a play dies on his stick.

Senior Member Squirt Division CBrowningPI's Avatar
    The rat face doesn't help.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Banned Midget Division
    Hayes? I like him....for now

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    New lines: 26-93-36; 20-13-23; 90-21-89 and 8-72-17. 95 seems to be the odd man out again.

@colinasteph
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

I don't really see a problem with Lettieri out. I don't think he does any one particular thing strong enough still. I had high hopes with him after last year's training camp but I'm thinking that's just b/c the level of play is a little lower during camp. I think he's a tweener. Real good for AHL, not good enough for the NHL.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    The guy in his place is a tweener, too. Probably too good for WOAA Senior AA, but not quite good enough for the Danish 3rd division.

He shoots.
    He has that going for him.

But he doesn’t have a strong shot, or much else to his game. Sure, adds energy for a shift, but isn’t productive enough to deserve playing time.

Senior Member Bantam Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Worse than Mcleod though?

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Squirt Division Progrocker's Avatar
    There are some very talented guys playing in Hartford. Hajek, Andersson, Schneider, Gettinger... It's a throwaway season, we should be seeing more of these players in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by Progrocker View Post
    There are some very talented guys playing in Hartford. Hajek, Andersson, Schneider, Gettinger... It's a throwaway season, we should be seeing more of these players in NY.
    Hajek can stay right where he is until the logjam is resolved. I've heard he is playing shutdown D, but has been defensive minded while his partner jumps in more. He should probably tap his offensive potential and really gain confidence/comfort for a few months, before getting a call up.

Lias is probably very closely monitored. If he is consistent and improves the areas the Rangers want worked on, he'll get called up. Ten games is not enough, we don't want to yo-yo him. Continuity is good here, no rush, make sure he's ready.

Gettinger needs at least year in Hartford right? Why call him up? Cole is 28, he wasn't impressive in camp/preseason.

If anybody consistently dominates they can be brought up at the deadline. Even if it is someone unexpected.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 10-29-2018 at 05:02 PM.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Hajek can stay right where he is until the logjam is resolved. I've heard he is playing shutdown D, but has been defensive minded while his partner jumps in more. He should probably tap his offensive potential and really gain confidence/comfort for a few months, before getting a call up.
    If Hajek is ready, you let other players suffer the consequences of the logjam.

Waive Claesson, trade McQuaid, bench Staal. Logjam resolved.

If he's not ready, then fine, but to think that he shouldn't be brought up because there's no way this current blueline should be prohibitive of any young player.

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    If Hajek is ready, you let other players suffer the consequences of the logjam.

Waive Claesson, trade McQuaid, bench Staal. Logjam resolved.

If he's not ready, then fine, but to think that he shouldn't be brought up because there's no way this current blueline should be prohibitive of any young player.
    Couldn't agree more.
    We're 11 games in and I'm already sick of watching these veteran donkeys offering fuck all. If it's deemed best for his development then fair enough. But we currently have a logjam of shit, and it shouldn't be used as an excuse for holding young players back.

Colin Stephenson
    ‏ @ColinASteph
    57m57 minutes ago
    Don’t laugh - looks like they’re working on - line changes?

Colin Stephenson
    ‏ @ColinASteph
    54m54 minutes ago

Ok, some clarity on the lines now. Second line stays together from yesterday - 20-13-23. Fourth line is 89-72-95. So, 95 is back in, 8 is out, and 89 is on the left.
    (Buch was not rotating in with lines earlier in the practice.)

See the pressure Chytil is experiencing? He's creating but he needs to find his confidence finishing. Yet, Gorton does not want to send him down for understandable reasons. Let Hajek find some offensive momentum and more time on NA ice. He may already play D like a young McD, but he needs to take strides offensively.

Why waive Claesson? He's been fine, plays both sides, skates well, defends, good depth. He was good with Karlsson, has a cheap 2 year deal and is 25 y/o.

We haven't traded anybody yet. We are almost better off building value in the Staal, Shatty and McQuaid so we can trade em. All with retention. Guys are dropping like flies, needs will emerge.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 10-29-2018 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    Couldn't agree more.
    We're 11 games in and I'm already sick of watching these veteran donkeys offering fuck all. If it's deemed best for his development then fair enough. But we currently have a logjam of shit, and it shouldn't be used as an excuse for holding young players back.
    But the reality is they have held ADA back, Shatty and/or McQuaid is blocking him. Staal primarily is blocking Hajek, but at least Hajek is gaining great experience in our system.

No sense arguing with me, I've been sick of the roster construction on D since they choose G and Boyle over Stralman. Been vocal about addition by subtraction on the blueline. McQuaid has to get back on the ice, play a few good games and get traded. It is more important to get rid of these old or slow dmen and proceeding with some caution, then entertaining the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    But the reality is they have held ADA back, Shatty and/or McQuaid is blocking him. Staal primarily is blocking Hajek, but at least Hajek is gaining great experience in our system.

No sense arguing with me, I've been sick of the roster construction on D since they choose G and Boyle over Stralman. Been vocal about addition by subtraction on the blueline. McQuaid has to get back on the ice, play a few good games and get traded. It is more important to get rid of these old or slow dmen and proceeding with some caution, then entertaining the fans.
    I think you need to read what we said again.
    Merely making the point that the logjam itself isn't a good reason to hold a young player back.
    If he's not ready, fine.
    If it's better for his development to stay where he is, also fine.

I'm also not convinced the current setup is adding to the trade value of guys like Shatty and McQuaid.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast