Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 181

Thread: 2018-19 Reports From the Rink — Practice Updates Thread

  1. #21
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,713
    Rep Power
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Chytil - Hayes - Zucc
    K-Z-Fast
    VHS
    McLeod - Spooner - Lettieri

    lines in practice
    What the hell is VHS?

  2. #22
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,713
    Rep Power
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Because the underlying numbers suggest he could be a bit more under the right conditions. I tend to agree, but can be isn't often equal to is.

    The issue here, though, is that he's being scratched for McLeod. It fucks with the optics. On paper, Buch sitting is fine. He hasn't played that well. But sitting him for an awful player who is objectively below replacement level, just sucks.
    I think the optics are apparent.

    You're playing worse than a plug, and we'd get more out of him than you.

    It's a pretty telling move.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Squirt Division
    jsrangers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    16
    I agree I think Quinn is quickly coming to the realization that the talent level is so far below average everybody from top to bottom with the exception of Hank and Howden at this point are candidates to sit.



    Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

  4. #24
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,713
    Rep Power
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    I agree I think Quinn is quickly coming to the realization that the talent level is so far below average everybody from top to bottom with the exception of Hank and Howden at this point are candidates to sit.



    Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    I think that's dramatic. It's not about talent level, he knew what he was getting into.

    Ice time is, was, and and always will be a motivational tool.

  5. #25
    //reported Junior Division
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,027
    Rep Power
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    What the hell is VHS?
    I thought it was Vesey Hayes Spooner, but I see Spooner on the fourth line in that proposal...and Hayes on the first line, so IDK.
    LGR!

  6. #26
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,713
    Rep Power
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyb[emoji769
    ;941874]I thought it was Vesey Hayes Spooner, but I see Spooner on the fourth line in that proposal...and Hayes on the first line, so IDK.
    Vesey, Howden... Shattenkirk?

    You know what would help? A link to the actual information!

  7. #27
    Senior Member Squirt Division
    jsrangers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I think that's dramatic. It's not about talent level, he knew what he was getting into.

    Ice time is, was, and and always will be a motivational tool.
    so we disagree. I think it's definitely a sign when your projected top liner who some said just needed a new coach not named AV apparently is sitting already. Your better players shouldn't need such motivation.

  8. #28
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,713
    Rep Power
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    so we disagree. I think it's definitely a sign when your projected top liner who some said just needed a new coach not named AV apparently is sitting already. Your better players shouldn't need such motivation.
    Sign of what, exactly? Your previous post said that Quinn is just realizing the talent level...^ This post has nothing to do with talent level and alludes to motivation being the problem, but you're saying we disagree which leaves me wondering what your point is.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Squirt Division
    jsrangers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    16
    I think my posts were pretty clear so I'm not going in a circle with you here.

  10. #30
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,713
    Rep Power
    490
    They're not, or I wouldn't have asked, but OK.

  11. #31
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25,609
    Rep Power
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Vesey, Howden... Shattenkirk?

    You know what would help? A link to the actual information!
    Ah shit. I don’t know
    I can’t post the tweets.
    Oh well
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  12. #32
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Fatfrancesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    982
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Because the underlying numbers suggest he could be a bit more under the right conditions. I tend to agree, but can be isn't often equal to is.

    The issue here, though, is that he's being scratched for McLeod. It fucks with the optics. On paper, Buch sitting is fine. He hasn't played that well. But sitting him for an awful player who is objectively below replacement level, just sucks.
    Not about McLeod it’s about hopefully getting the most out of buchnevich. Unlike in years past the rangers can afford to sit a player and not worry about the two points. It’s about developing a player into a professional notabout two points. Buch has talent, it would be a waste if lack of effort undermines his career.

  13. #33
    Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,930
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    What the hell is VHS?
    Video home system,what do I know ,I'm too old

  14. #34
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25,609
    Rep Power
    268
    per colin stephenson

    Nieves at practice, Claesson not

    20-93-36
    72-13-17
    26-21-89
    8-90-23

    76-54
    18-44
    42-22


    "Quinn very loud today"
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  15. #35
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Giacomin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,435
    Rep Power
    95
    guess vinni sits tuesday.

    Did Claesson hurt his hand? Any info?

    Like that 3rd line, let's see if they develop chemistry and score Tuesday.

  16. #36
    Banned Midget Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,239
    Rep Power
    51
    Vesey is a play killer. I don't see he 3rd line develop any chemistry as long as Vesey is on it

  17. #37
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Giacomin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,435
    Rep Power
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    Vesey is a play killer. I don't see he 3rd line develop any chemistry as long as Vesey is on it
    I thought Vesey and Howden showed some chemistry and the 3 have an interesting mix of skills for a line that looks like it can gel. Plus they have less pressure on the 3rd line no special teams from the 3.

    It seems your gripe with the line is Vesey. Where would you have him? On the 4th line? I'm betting you are going to say traded.

  18. #38
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Fatfrancesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    982
    Rep Power
    26
    So many other players on this team have been far worse than vessey. Spooner, Namestnikov, Zuccarello, chytil, all 8 defenseman on the roster, Hayes, buchnevich. Who else?

  19. #39
    Banned Midget Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,239
    Rep Power
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    I thought Vesey and Howden showed some chemistry and the 3 have an interesting mix of skills for a line that looks like it can gel. Plus they have less pressure on the 3rd line no special teams from the 3.

    It seems your gripe with the line is Vesey. Where would you have him? On the 4th line? I'm betting you are going to say traded.
    just something I noticed about Vesey since last season.

    i'd trade him if he has any value around the league but I doubt it.

  20. #40
    Banned Midget Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,239
    Rep Power
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    So many other players on this team have been far worse than vessey. Spooner, Namestnikov, Zuccarello, chytil, all 8 defenseman on the roster, Hayes, buchnevich. Who else?
    no doubt...but I was commenting on Vesey

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •