Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: [RS] (#5) Rangers vs. Edmonton Oilers // It's an Oily Game

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by rangers02 View Post
    But... To Contradict what I said, here is Quinn doing his job criticizing our lack of offense in today's presser
    I love this interview. I missed the game, but how he talks about the players and how he himself needs to get guys more icetime, shows he's obviously a work in progress with a mish mosh roster that he is still trying to feel out.

Sounds like Giac is going to get his wish with Chytil maybe moving to a wing. Not sure where he fits on a wing unless they flip Spooner or Namestnikov to center. I really want him to get more icetime. Would he fit with Hayes? Possibly. I'd rather see him with Zib. Maybe break up that struggling 1st line and put Buch somewhere else?

This roster has a lot of flexibility. Nothing should be set in stone at this point. Hell, I'd bring up Andersson, waive Mcleod and bench Hayes. Where are all the Hayes fans? This is the guy people wanted to give a long term deal to? I'm sick of him again. He can't get traded soon enough.
    Last edited by The Dude; 10-14-2018 at 01:55 PM.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    I do as well, Dude man! I think this guy is definitely a big piece of the solution to this franchise going forward. His no bullshit approach is required for this juncture of the rebuild. It's been long overdue. I like his evaluation of his players and I also like to see that he not only complimented Chytil on his improvement from the SJ game to Saturday's game, but is willing to reward him by giving him more play time. Good for Chytil! he's deserving in my eyes.

Yeah the officiating ate a monkey's ass in the third, and yeah it's bullshit, but I think Quinn is dead on when he stated that this team lacks the tenacity it needs in the offensive zone and we've been saying this for YEARS...This fucking team needs to shoot the damn thing A LOT more! Not a little....A LOT!!!

Senior Member Squirt Division jsrangers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    Unfortunately the NHL refs suck for everyone. That's not a NYR thing, it's an NHL thing. The SJS/DeBoer offside review took almost 7 minutes; would tend to show it was "inconclusive'. Did it require a feature film length review? And a loss why the offside thing doesn't have a limit, i.e., defending team touches the puck in the zone, 15 seconds, only on breakaway-type scores. And generally NHL claims they have made headshots a priority but they still often go uncalled altogether.

It doesn't look like there's any quality control. Even adding a 2nd ref hasn't helped. I understand a game that features a constant parade to the penalty box usually is not entertaining. But the general quality of the officials does not ever get better going on decades.
    Bravo! Nicely said, it truly is absurd. FFS the least they can do is centralize the review process to Toronto or wherever. Get these clowns off the ipads or whatever they're using. Might as well be looking at the replays on their phones. Set a time limit of 90 seconds ones Toronto has it and if there's no decision the call stands. I loath the entire process the way it sits today. To me there are some simple ways it can be improved immediately.
    Last edited by jsrangers; 10-15-2018 at 02:53 PM.

Banned Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    Mcdavid must love though the nhl doing everything to get them a win today
    or.....the NHL is making sure the Rangers lose and get #1 overall pick.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    or.....the NHL is making sure the Rangers lose and get #1 overall pick.
    They could have done that last season.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Banned Midget Division
    they got us up to #7. pretty good, i'd say

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    they got us up to #7. pretty good, i'd say
    9th, and we lost a spot during the lottery.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Banned Midget Division
    bad luck

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234