Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: [RS] (#4) Rangers vs. San Jose Sharks // Blood in the Water

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    I was pretty proud of SOME of our boys last night...Hank kept us in it all night, and although we have some glaring weaknesses, the game was pretty entertaining! I loved the effort and I'm really glad for Quinn. He's got the unenviable task of trying to turn goat piss into gasoline this season, but I really like his ability to communicate and work with these guys so far.

Nice touch for Smith to get a big one for us last night. He really needed that!

Skjei looked like a traffic cone on more than a play or two, but he got the winner...he's young and he'll learn as he goes...I'll be patient with him.

Ok, I'll say it....I fucking love Howden!

Oh, and Hayes looks like shit...

Senior Member Midget Division
    Yeah, Howden looks really good. That trade starting to look like a win for us. Howden impressing in the NHL, Hajek looking really good in pre season and we got Lundkvist aswell. Mcdonagh has not been anything special and Miller was on the 4th line last game.

Hank with .942 SV% and 2 GAA in 3 games with a shit team in front of him. The "experts" not even ranking him in the top 15 goalies before the season starting to look like idiots.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    You what Zucc, I find myself rooting more for the players nowadays, which I guess makes the whole "we're gonna suck this year" motif not mean quite as much;

Its only been a handful of games but I see guys like Chytil, Howden and Buch, and I keep pulling for these guys. I nearly pissed my pants when Howden tucked that one home last night through his legs! I guess that the way I'm going to be able to digest the trials and tribulations of this squad this year. I like Quinn's approach so far and he does seem to be a little bit more of a disciplinarian, which I think these kids need right now.

But...

I also see a side of him that can and will be able to take this team from zero to hero. I'm glad to see we actually play a system...albeit not very well as this point. But this team hasn't played a "system" since Torts was sent packing. Guys are still getting caught out of position and caught up ice, like on Kreider's shot attempt in the 2nd period, but that's going to change in time and I believe Quinn is going to sift out the players he doesn't want as the season moves along.

That being said, I think Hayes is doing a fantastic job.....of playing his way off the team. Is it me, or do I just feel ZERO vibe from this guy???

Senior Member Squirt Division Progrocker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    That being said, I think Hayes is doing a fantastic job.....of playing his way off the team. Is it me, or do I just feel ZERO vibe from this guy???
    Not just you. Hayes is invisible.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Are the muskateers still rooming together? They've all been bad-invisible, other than a few shifts from Vesey

I mean, Skjei has struggled, but Hayes looks off - like there's something wrong with him.

Do they all have that nasty sinus infection/cold going around??
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Are the muskateers still rooming together? They've all been bad-invisible, other than a few shifts from Vesey

I mean, Skjei has struggled, but Hayes looks off - like there's something wrong with him.

Do they all have that nasty sinus infection/cold going around??
    This was my beef all year last year. I don’t think Hayes has shown any desire so far this season. I get the sense that instead of proving why he should be here, he’s resigned to idea that he’ll be traded no matter what. I hope the Rangers broke up the frat house but if they didn’t, it’ll happen this season.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Junior Division
    Not for nothing but watching the encore just now and it looked like the team was a little extra happy that Smith scored the tying goal.
    Captain by Thanksgiving.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    The rest of the team is happy because he upped his trade value.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The rest of the team is happy because he upped his trade value.
    LOL

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910