Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Shattenkirk – Healthy Scratch Thursday?

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    He's really not immovable. Only has a 10 team no-trade list. Sell him at 50% and I can't see why you wouldn't have a taker.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    He's really not immovable. Only has a 10 team no-trade list. Sell him at 50% and I can't see why you wouldn't have a taker.
    My guess is we’ll find out. Obviously is not part of the long term plan here. When moving him becomes possible I would imagine he’ll be traded.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    Edmonton, devils, st louis, Colorado could be making playoffs. you just never know how it is going to play out come February/march. All you need is one team to make a deal.
    my point is that we played one week of hockey. im not writing anything off just yet.
    Edmonton maybe....St. Louis I mentioned, they have Pietrangelo. Colorado has Barrie. NJ has Butcher and Vatanen.

You can keep the door open, sure, but there just aren't many teams who would be in the market that need the type of player Shatty is.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    We wouldn't have a taker b/c he doesn't add anything that most of hte playoff teams don't already have.

Sure, in a vacuum, Shatty at 50% is appealing for some teams. But none of those teams are going to give up anything of value for that.

Senior Member Midget Division
    One thing is clear, Quinn is a communicator. The last 3 NY Post articles are loaded with his quotes and thoughts regarding his decisions. He answered a lot of my questions in the OP. I like this management approach. He communicates to the players and team directly, and remains consistent publicly. He met with each player who got reduced playing time, using video in at least one case, and explained why, w/o it being personal or adversarial. Each player has walked away satisfied, stating the decision justified.

Notice all he said to and about Shatty. It was smart, he didn't bury the guy. Mentioned he was coming back from injury, that is may take a little time before he gets back to his old self, etc. He got Shatty to admit what he needs to work on, that ADA was great and the other RHDs have outplayed him. It is a constructive approach and avoids unnecessary controversy.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 10-11-2018 at 12:06 PM.

He also spoke to a few other issues. On not being a tough guy and punitive, but reasoned. He's reasonable, admits there are times he takes into account that a player has some bank. He is not going to bench guys for making a mistake. Yet he does have a serious message to the team, no tolerance or excuse for lack of effort. He's showing he is flexible, even situational, about some things. Yet firm, clear and consistent about others.

Since he communicates these things well, the players can't mistake where he is coming from and what is expected.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    He also spoke to a few other issues. On not being a tough guy and punitive, but reasoned. He's reasonable, admits there are times he takes into account that a player has some bank. He is not going to bench guys for making a mistake. Yet he does have a serious message to the team, no tolerance or excuse for lack of effort. He's showing he is flexible, even situational, about some things. Yet firm, clear and consistent about others.

Since he communicates these things well, the players can't mistake where he is coming from and what is expected.
    So he’s the Dave (AmericanJesus)
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

He got Shatty to admit what he needs to work on, that ADA was great and the other RHDs have outplayed him.
    Well this is a load of shit if Pionk is out tonight and Shatty is in.

Banned Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Edmonton maybe....St. Louis I mentioned, they have Pietrangelo. Colorado has Barrie. NJ has Butcher and Vatanen.

You can keep the door open, sure, but there just aren't many teams who would be in the market that need the type of player Shatty is.
    actually I would try to talk Edmonton into trading for Shitts. their D sucks, right?

Well this is a load of shit if Pionk is out tonight and Shatty is in.
    But it is not a load of shit since those were things Shatty said. It appears Claesson is in for Pionk. Smith/Claesson is the bottom pair tonight.

actually I would try to talk Edmonton into trading for Shitts. their D sucks, right?
    It's not good, I'd do it for their 2019 2nd and retain 50% this year. He may need to sit in the pressbox a bunch more before he agrees to a trade there.

Banned Midget Division
    It's not good, I'd do it for their 2019 2nd and retain 50% this year. He may need to sit in the pressbox a bunch more before he agrees to a trade there.
    and I know just what to tell him. he's was a huge Rangers fan growing up, right? so we should tell him "the oilers helped us win the cup in '94, so now its our turn to help them win and you're needed there to do just that." Think he'll bite?

Their D sucks, but that's not why you'd trade for him. You'd trade for him if you think he can make the PP better - which in EDMs case is true. So that's a potential team. But with EDM, you run into all of the other factors, like the fact that they suck as a whole and won't likely be buyers at the deadline...plus there's the chance that Shatty has EDM on his NMC.

This is the problem with trying to trade him. He's a defenseman who...can't defend. When WAS traded for him, they had no point man on the PP and were a contender. That's the only type of team he makes sense to, and there just aren't many of them right now, especially not enough to drive up the cost to the point where it would be worth it for the Rangers to retain.

But it is not a load of shit since those were things Shatty said. It appears Claesson is in for Pionk. Smith/Claesson is the bottom pair tonight.
    It is a load if all these things are said and then Shatty doesn't sit. That doesn't seem to be the case, at this point.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Their D sucks, but that's not why you'd trade for him. You'd trade for him if you think he can make the PP better - which in EDMs case is true. So that's a potential team. But with EDM, you run into all of the other factors, like the fact that they suck as a whole and won't likely be buyers at the deadline...plus there's the chance that Shatty has EDM on his NMC.

This is the problem with trying to trade him. He's a defenseman who...can't defend. When WAS traded for him, they had no point man on the PP and were a contender. That's the only type of team he makes sense to, and there just aren't many of them right now, especially not enough to drive up the cost to the point where it would be worth it for the Rangers to retain.
    Take Lucic back send them Namestnikov and Shattenkirk ask for a top prospect or a 1st.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Take Lucic back send them Namestnikov and Shattenkirk ask for a top prospect or a 1st.
    Those 2 extra years of Lucic will be a killer. At least with Shattenkirk, he comes off the books the same time at Staal, Lundqvist... and some other thot I'm drawing a blank on
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Those 2 extra years of Lucic will be a killer. At least with Shattenkirk, he comes off the books the same time at Staal, Lundqvist... and some other thot I'm drawing a blank on
    haha, Smith

With his clear communication all around, Quinn has earned bank with us fans. I donít think every single instance is as cut and dried as we would like to think. Overall, I give this guy total thumbs up. Heís earned some room to manage as he sees it...even to make a mistake or two on his own. Letís see how he manages the bench, ice time and pine after 12-15 games and maybe even 20. Iím sure heíll have a pretty good idea what this team is by then and will ice the team giving us the best chance for a W. No reason to doubt him at this point. Itís our first win and only game 4. Plenty of hockey to be played.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Discussion of Quinn is totally premature. It's been 4 games. Everyone loved AV for 3 years. Then they hated him, even though the guy never changed.

Some of us hated him because he never changed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234