Thread: UFC 229: Khabib Nurmagomedov Taps Out Conor McGregor Before All Hell Breaks Loose

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend

UFC 229: Khabib Nurmagomedov Taps Out Conor McGregor Before All Hell Breaks Loose

After 15 or so boring minutes of complete control, Khabib Nurmagomedov ended Conor McGregor with a brutal rear naked choke in the fourth round of their highly anticipated title fight at UFC 229. Conor got his ass ground into the fence as Khabib talked shit to him for three-plus rounds, reclaiming a little dignity by not getting utterly dismantled in the third, before the fight came to a fitting end.

Somehow it got better and nuttier from there, as Khabib celebrated his win in what will almost certainly prove to have been the biggest-money fight in UFC history by traipsing out of the octagon to find and beat the ass of McGregor hanger-on Dillon Danis. A brawl then broke out in the cage. A Khabib associate even leapt into the cage and looked to have landed a punch or two on Conor.

https://deadspin.com/khabib-nurmagom...-co-1829580622

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Anyone think it's staged?

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    No.
    You have two groups of lunatics.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Anyone think it's staged?
    100% not staged. Conor insulted Khabib's family, friends, country, religion and even mentioned Putin. Mix that in with the bus attack, Conor's friend (artem Lobov) talking shit about Khabib on russian TV and another one of Conor's friends (Dillon Danis, the one Khabib attacked after the fight) had been talking shit aswell this is as real is it gets. Khabib is a religious, honorable and crazy man from Dagestan, Russia, if you talk shit about (especially) his father and religion, you will get "smashed". I've been a fan of him for some years now, and this guy is something else. 27-0 in MMA is just crazy. This was really an "all talk, wannabe gangster" finally meeting a man (and gang) not scared of anything or anyone.

A lot of people even predicted something like this would happen. Brendan Schaub (a very well known person in MMA) even said he wouldn't attend the fight because he was scared of the potential aftermath.

🔴⚪️🔵 BSBH Prospect
    One can't blame Khabib for being angry But jumping into crowd wasn't smart. That being said Connor gets fines and slaps on the wrist for stuff he does which is just as bad but cause he's the money maker people love it. I bet if Connor did what Khabib did people would be loving it.
    no shot at hell that Connor can ever beat Khabib anyways

Jumping out of the cage to fight someone is unacceptable. But when it involves the McGregor camp, it’s understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Jumping out of the cage to fight someone is unacceptable. But when it involves the McGregor camp, it’s understandable.
    Yup. Conor and his whole team made this personal, insulting everyone and everything Khabib loves.

Conor said this before the fight:

“The man’s a fake rat. You know who he’s managed by, you know who the type of people he’s surrounded by. F**k every single one of them.
    “Every single one of them can get it. And this is never going to be over. It’s not over after this fight. Trust me on that!
    “Every one of them need to watch where they step, watch what they say, watch what they do, watch where they f**king sleep at night."

So I guess Conor even wanted this himself.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    I'm saying the entire scenario is staged.

I'm saying the entire scenario is staged.
    No way Khabib and his team would do that. They barely speak english, you think they would manage to be involved in a big staged show going on for over a year? I've watched UFC and been a fan of Khabib for many years, this is 100% not staged. Not even a slim chance.

To put it in perspective - Its more likely that Staal wins the Norris trophy and we win the cup this year, than this being staged.

Can't see Khabib being part of a staged event.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Think you're all duped. "he can't speak English" is a poor excuse as to why this whole thing isn't put on for show.

Think you're all duped. "he can't speak English" is a poor excuse as to why this whole thing isn't put on for show.
    Well, I dont know if you're a WWE guy or what, but this is MMA. The moment something like this is staged in MMA, is the day MMA dies. This is real fighting, not staged and planned like WWE. I know for a fact that this was not staged. First of all, Conor got arrested and sued for what he did. People got seriously injured and had to pull out of fights because of Conor's bus attack. Khabib has still not been payed his purse for the fight by the Nevada comission, Khabib's friends was arrested and also cut from the UFC after they attacked Conor AFTER the fight. Conor called Khabib's long time friend and manager a terrorist for christ sake. Called his dad a sellout rat and mocked his religion.

Conor's talk was all fight hype and done for the money, but this was personal for both. Nothing is staged, 100%.