Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: [RS] (#1) Rangers v. Nashville Predators // Choo Choo – All Aboard the Pain Train!

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Howden was clearly moving up depth chart as game went on.

Big, and smooth. Looks like a classic NHL centerman.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Tough loss but the boys played well.
    Acqua in bocca

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    That's a bit unfair as I think you could see a fair bit of Quinn's fingerprint already, which is pretty encouraging considering it's his first game in charge.
    I thought there were a couple of pretty good performances out there. Vesey, Fast, Chytil, McQuaid and Pionk all did well. Really impressed by Howden.
    The first line showed that it's simply not a first line at NHL level. Can't really drive offense at all when matched up against the best. A bit embarrassing for Namestnikov having to be carried by a 19 year old kid straight out of juniors tbh. Hayes and Spooner could also have done more.
    I agree. So I’m not understanding why you said it was unfair... and then criticize half the guys still playing “old era” hockey.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Things that jumped out offensively; much more straightforward going to the goal, north/south and shooting. Still a residue of AV making the dreaded ONE MORE PASS. Staal and Zucc both passed instead of simply shooting when they had an good open shot. And they were physical in ways they never were under AV. Heard often last few years NYR were an easy night. If this is the approach, that will not be the case this year. Think playoff berth is stll a longshot, but they will compete and it's within the realm of possibility.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    Things that jumped out offensively; much more straightforward going to the goal, north/south and shooting. Still a residue of AV making the dreaded ONE MORE PASS. Staal and Zucc both passed instead of simply shooting when they had an good open shot. And they were physical in ways they never were under AV. Heard often last few years NYR were an easy night. If this is the approach, that will not be the case this year. Think playoff berth is stll a longshot, but they will compete and it's within the realm of possibility.
    Good points

I think I’m a bit greedy expecting another level, but as others have said - it’s coming
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I agree. So I’m not understanding why you said it was unfair... and then criticize half the guys still playing “old era” hockey.
    I think it's unfair to be disappointed at the lack of a "new era" under the new coach, as I think the signs were there and you can already see his fingerprint on our game.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    It’s also just 1 game guys

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    It's almost absurd that Chytil just turned 19. Feels like he's been here for ages.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    He doesn’t look like a 19 y/o on the ice either, looks pretty big
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

I was pretty good with our game last night. I think we played a tougher more disciplined style. I hope to see this same effort going forward! ...long way to go...lots to learn! The kids looked promising for the most part.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    It's almost absurd that Chytil just turned 19. Feels like he's been here for ages.
    Yeah, it feels like his third or fourth season.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Howden was clearly moving up depth chart as game went on.

Big, and smooth. Looks like a classic NHL centerman.
    Yeah, like this kids game. Trying to think of a comparable. Modern day, all I could think of is Rakell. Though Rakell also has a sneaky quick release, need to see more of Howden to find out.

Vesey played an extremely strong game. He created or was a part of making plays the entire game. Like to see him get one quick and see if he can build some scoring momentum. Obviously Zuc was good too. Even though passing up that shot was ridiculous.

Oh and Fatty's critique about Shatty's D is on point. He and Staal were awful defensively. Some of Staal's mistakes were due to his slowness, but he also made too many poor decisions for a vet.

The D looked dull and undynamic with Hajek and ADA missing. Like to see what the team looks like when they are in the lineup. I'm convinced Hajek is currently a better player than Staal, and the on ice product would immediately look/perform better if we could swap the two. However, circumstances do not permit this move.

Senior Member Bantam Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Oh and Fatty's critique about Shatty's D is on point. He and Staal were awful defensively. Some of Staal's mistakes were due to his slowness, but he also made too many poor decisions for a vet.

The D looked dull and undynamic with Hajek and ADA missing. Like to see what the team looks like when they are in the lineup. I'm convinced Hajek is currently a better player than Staal, and the on ice product would immediately look/perform better if we could swap the two. However, circumstances do not permit this move.
    It's early yet, and Staal is getting used to the new system like everyone else. That said, I agree the initial impression was . . . not good.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Im glad they aren't doing that dumb drop pass anymore coming out of the zone anymore on the PP. That never worked.

Shattenkirk plays the position as if he’s a forward covering for a defenseman who jumped into the play.

Quote Originally Posted by AliveIn94 View Post
    It's early yet, and Staal is getting used to the new system like everyone else. That said, I agree the initial impression was . . . not good.
    Good point, the system is a change for Staal too. Might explain the mental mistakes and indecision/hesitancy.

Senior Member Bantam Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    Im glad they aren't doing that dumb drop pass anymore coming out of the zone anymore on the PP. That never worked.
    This x1000

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueshirts1926 View Post
    Namestnikov was invisible and may not be that good without is Tampa Bay talent around
    him. Chytl looked very good and once again Hank kept them in it.
    This. They can't dump him fast enough IMO. Probably the least noticable player all night. I expect a lot more from this guy. Not the numbers he put up with Stamkos, but some glimmer of skill and speed. Something.

Vesey finally brought his game. I really hope his play last year was more indicative of AV. Sure he didn't capitalize on a few chances, but you can't expect that.

I liked Spooner's game. Seems to be able to make something out of nothing. I want him out there with Chytil.

Hopefully Kreider plays with some kind of edge. He didn't last night and that line looked a bit flat.

Not a bad first game.

D looks like shit, but hopefully they just need to play it out. ..

I'm wondering if we see DeAngelo in the next game. Maybe they ease Shattenkirk in?

It's going to be interesting to see what they do when Nieves comes off IR. Howden is impressing people here. Who goes to Hartford/waivers?
    Last edited by The Dude; 10-05-2018 at 04:13 PM.

Banned Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Disappointed is probably an exaggeration, but I was expecting a bit more.

New season, New coach, was hoping for a New era
    Hughes era? Now you’re disappointed because they goong to miss playoffs by 2 points?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast