Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 55 of 55

Thread: Tom Wilson Ejected After Crushing Open Ice Hit on Oskar Sundqvist; Suspended 20 Games

  1. #41
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25,009
    Rep Power
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    Hoping the appeal doesn't end up getting this reduced. Make it stick.

    Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    My guess - he will grieve, be able to play during the appeal process (tonight), then the suspension is upheld.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  2. #42
    Senior Member Squirt Division jsrangers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    441
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    My guess - he will grieve, be able to play during the appeal process (tonight), then the suspension is upheld.
    Hoping so. If the players are serious about getting this stuff out of the game the union should take a pass on supporting an appeal here. They can't have it both ways.

    Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

  3. #43
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    84,350
    Rep Power
    419
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    not really, his contract has a $5 million signing bonus, his base salary is $1.1 million, so he's basically losing 20% from the $1.1 base.
    I think he got 20 games for stupidity. No reason to make a hit like that in the last pre-season game, he has nothing to prove, and it was vs. a meaningless St. Louis Blues team where their is no rivalry.
    Nope. It's $1.26M of his AAV, not his base salary. Signing bonus isn't magically protected.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  4. #44
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    84,350
    Rep Power
    419
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    My guess - he will grieve, be able to play during the appeal process (tonight), then the suspension is upheld.
    No player has ever been allowed to do this, to my knowledge, so I seriously doubt this is permitted. My bet is they just shave a handful of games off the end. Two, four max. So 16-18 games total.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  5. #45
    Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    388
    Rep Power
    14
    Why just 20 games? If you look at the video that accompanies the decision, it shows the previous three high hits that resulted in suspensions for Wilson in just the past year, and it mentions that no player has ever gotten four suspensions in such a short period. He keeps on doing the same thing irrespective of suspensions. Why not 41 games? It's not like he hasn't been warned and warned and warned and warned that he can't play this way.

    And by the way, can anyone tell me why the NHLPA always sides with its goon members rather than its members who are injured by them?

  6. #46
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Giacomin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,204
    Rep Power
    83
    This is fine. Good for the Ranger kids and Zib. Next one will be 41 games, Sod.

  7. #47
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,399
    Rep Power
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    No player has ever been allowed to do this, to my knowledge, so I seriously doubt this is permitted. My bet is they just shave a handful of games off the end. Two, four max. So 16-18 games total.
    They can play during the appeal, I thought?

  8. #48
    Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14,571
    Rep Power
    132
    He’s in the lineup tonight.
    Hidden Content

    Let's Go Rangers!

  9. #49
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    jjweimar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Geneseo, NY
    Posts
    1,292
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    He’s in the lineup tonight.
    No he's not

    Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

  10. #50
    Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14,571
    Rep Power
    132
    I saw him skate out for the ceremonies so figured he was playing. They announced players not playing earlier on the bench.
    Hidden Content

    Let's Go Rangers!

  11. #51
    Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    388
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Good for the Ranger kids and Zib.
    Good point. There was a 40% chance that Zib's next concussion would come at the hands (elbow) of Wilson and 60% chance it would come from someone else in the league.

  12. #52
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    84,350
    Rep Power
    419
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They can play during the appeal, I thought?
    Can they? Honestly asking.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  13. #53
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,399
    Rep Power
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Can they? Honestly asking.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    I guess not, he didn't play last night... I thought they could though. I was wrong.

  14. #54
    Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14,571
    Rep Power
    132
    He skated out full gear for opening ceremony, figured he was in the lineup
    Hidden Content

    Let's Go Rangers!

  15. #55
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Blue Heaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    10,101
    Rep Power
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    He skated out full gear for opening ceremony, figured he was in the lineup
    I thought they're not allowed to be in the arena during a suspension

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •