• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Concerts Thread

paddynyc

• 6 months later...

I couldn't tell you anything that came out after From Chaos. That album has some gems on it...think it came out in 01 or 02. It's insane to think that was 17-18 years ago.

Let's say it's 01. That album is old enough to smoke fucking cigarettes.

I owe my current relationship to being talked into attending a free Smash Mouth Concert last summer.

1) I don't trust anyone who listens to Smash Mouth

2) I don't trust anyone in their 30's to have a 10 month old relationship based on a Smash Mouth concert

JK JK JK

I kid. I kid.

I have Stones tickets for MetLife if they re-book the date plus Dead & Co. at CitiField this June dancing on the floor somewhere near the stage. (Super bummed that my work and vacation schedule take me away from Bethel for the Woodstock weekend - I really wanted to see Doobies and Santana.)

Can see Santana/Doobie at SPAC or Jones Beach too.

1) I don't trust anyone who listens to Smash Mouth

2) I don't trust anyone in their 30's to have a 10 month old relationship based on a Smash Mouth concert

JK JK JK

I kid. I kid.

haha well lucky for me I'm only 28 lol

They played a free show in Albany on July 4th last year. I didn't wanna go but my friend really wanted to and I couldn't let him go alone. Met a girl there briefly, then we ended up matching on tinder and had a good in. I later told her my usual tinder opening line and she said she would've unmatched me if I opened with that so it worked out well. Also now that friend is dating her roommate so even better!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So fortunate to see Rolling Stones at MetLife last night. Holy smoke -- what a show! These guys can crank out some tunes and they looked like they were having such fun too. The band was tight and energetic. Jagger is an amazing front-man. Cliche as it sounds, you really get the feeling he is connecting with everyone in the stadium individually. Lady in front of me was 10 when she went to her first Stones show and she brought her daughters ages 12 & 13 to this one...that is so great to see. I took my nephew (age 20) to his first big stadium show and he was duly impressed with the entire spectacle and it's something he will remember forever.

My mom told me this morning that the band was at the Tic-Toc Diner on Route 3 for breakfast over the weekend and after word got out, people were there for hours on Sunday morning hoping they would come back. THAT was not likely to happen. LOL

I love my Grateful Dead shows from long ago but this was somehow beyond amazing. These guys have been playing for 50+ years and their range of music is incredible. That and the fact that they can still bring it is really something to see and hear. Get out and see them!

When Gerry died, I was thinking about the same thing and had concern that the music wouldn't continue. John Mayer has brought a new interpretation and new life to the great catalog of GD music and I still enjoy hearing the songs performed live. That said, this summer's show at CitiField lacked pace. I came looking for more but still found a load of joy. As long as they keep playing, I'm going.

Yoko? :rofl: That 'scream' music she's putting out (and has been doing so) is beyond my pay-grade of understanding.

• 5 months later...