• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Concerts Thread

paddynyc

Not sure how but got talked into a 311 concert this summer, haven?t seen them since 96? I believe

probably the same year, around ?96, I was with some friends in the french quarter NOLA when 311 was playing. I was drunk and said let?s get in line and just talk our way in. I told the girl at the turnstile that she was beautiful and me and my friends were hoping to be let in. she put wrist bands on us for the pit. I ended up crowd surfing and getting thrown on stage into ?Peanut? who I think was the bass player and I fucked up his riff. but hey it was the girl?s fault who let us in to begin with lol. good times.

probably the same year, around ‘96, I was with some friends in the french quarter NOLA when 311 was playing. I was drunk and said let’s get in line and just talk our way in. I told the girl at the turnstile that she was beautiful and me and my friends were hoping to be let in. she put wrist bands on us for the pit. I ended up crowd surfing and getting thrown on stage into “Peanut” who I think was the bass player and I fucked up his riff. but hey it was the girl’s fault who let us in to begin with lol. good times.

That's awesome

https://nypost.com/2020/01/31/aging-emo-kids-flood-ticketmaster-for-my-chemical-romance-reunion/

Tickets for the apparently highly anticipated reunion of the early-aughts emo-rock group, announced earlier this week, went on sale Friday, including for a night at Brooklyn?s Barclays Center on Sept. 17.

But the inexplicably burning desire so many aging millennials have to relive their awkward, angsty adolescence has former emo kids screaming into their Hot Topic hoodies today. Just after ticket sales started at noon, disgruntled fans on social media were reporting a queue on Ticketmaster.com of more than 2,000 fans waiting to reserve seats. (Exactly how many were on line is not revealed on the site.)

After suffering through the virtual line for more than an hour, many were turned away in the end after being told that tickets had, in fact, sold out ? yes, even for the standing-only mosh-pit area.

When fans turned to resale services, namely Ticketmaster?s own as well as StubHub, ticket prices for some shows had skyrocketed into the thousands

Some also reported technical errors on Ticketmaster that booted them from their spot on line. Now many would-be concertgoers are using their plight to protest the frenzied process and predatory practices by ticketing websites, and they?re calling out Ticketmaster?s near-monopoly on the industry.

This is becoming a huge issue lately. I tried to get tickets to something last year, was on ticketmaster at 10:00, the onside time, and it was sold out yet they had tons for resale already. Every couple of years this comes up, and someone needs to do something about this. I wish more bands would do what Pearl Jam did a couple of years ago and only sell tickets through their website, not through ticketmaster. Back in the day when I belonged to the Metallica Fan Club, they used to offer tickets through the fan club that weren't with ticketmaster and you didn't pay all the fees. These bands/musicians need to all start doing this for the real fans.

Dead & Co. just announced the summer tour. You need to ?verify? as a fan through them to TM that you are a you and not a bot. Then you get a message about ticket sales the night before with your access code. Even after all of that TM hangs with delay when the sale window opens. Stupid. You should be able to place a ?soft? order now for your top three choices then when it?s time, a computer program randomly matches you to seats and whacks your credit card that was on file. Simple. Stress free. And hopefully honest.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/31/aging-emo-kids-flood-ticketmaster-for-my-chemical-romance-reunion/

This is becoming a huge issue lately. I tried to get tickets to something last year, was on ticketmaster at 10:00, the onside time, and it was sold out yet they had tons for resale already. Every couple of years this comes up, and someone needs to do something about this. I wish more bands would do what Pearl Jam did a couple of years ago and only sell tickets through their website, not through ticketmaster. Back in the day when I belonged to the Metallica Fan Club, they used to offer tickets through the fan club that weren't with ticketmaster and you didn't pay all the fees. These bands/musicians need to all start doing this for the real fans.

We can only wish, but for smaller bands it probably difficult at smaller venues like Terminal 5, Brooklyn Steele and Webster Hall. The fees from Ticketmaster are crazy and usually about 25% of the ticket price.

We can only wish, but for smaller bands it probably difficult at smaller venues like Terminal 5, Brooklyn Steele and Webster Hall. The fees from Ticketmaster are crazy and usually about 25% of the ticket price.

Then have those venues only sell the tickets on their own. They aren't getting any of the fees Ticketmaster tacks on, and intact, if you re-sell tickets on Ticketmaster, not only did they charge the initial buyer all the fees, but they also charge the new person buying it those same fees. Thats why I never buy resale tickets from them. We went to the Coliseum box office to buy tickets for my kids for something because we wouldn't have had to pay the fees from Ticketmaster, wound up saving us close to $80 when it was all said and done rather than buying them through Ticketmaster online.

Sonofa.......Rage Against The Machine announced a 40 show tour, they are playing MSG on August 10/11....I fly back from San Diego on the 11th :banghead:. I might have to change my flight to the redeye on the 10th, hope my wife and daughter wont mind, or I am going to have to travel solo to Firefly for a day trip to catch them.

I'm by no means an expert, but my understanding of TM and smaller venues is that the value lies in TM's marketing reach and ability to fill seats. Larger, well-known venues (that probably don't need TM) benefit from TM's management of the ticket and re-sale experience...and they charge us for that. Smaller venues that either don't have the technical skills, e-mail 'member' lists, savvy marketing skills or just the basic ability to tell the world that they exist, rely on TM to fill their seats. Selling seats = increased ability to attract talent. Hence, the cycle is kind of sell-fulfilling.

We just skipped going to an event because of the extra TM cost. It was something we were considering last minute and did not have a strong feeling one way or another if we attended or not. Sure, had it been our ONLY trip to NYC this year we would have bought tix no matter what but we don't have that issue.

What really irks me is the 'fan verification' step. You wait to do that then wait again to buy tix when they become available. Unless you have another way, I've had 2 desktops and a iPhone logged-in to buy tix the minute they go on sale and I'm still F-ed! Sections seem to sell out in split seconds and even just 12-15 minutes into the sale my key seat choices are gone. I hate that. How do I get around that? Buy GA floor seats when possible and join the dance party happening somewhere near or off-stage. Who needs a seat anyway?

Sonofa.......Rage Against The Machine announced a 40 show tour, they are playing MSG on August 10/11....I fly back from San Diego on the 11th :banghead:. I might have to change my flight to the redeye on the 10th, hope my wife and daughter wont mind, or I am going to have to travel solo to Firefly for a day trip to catch them.

Excellent news first time I'm hearing about this.