Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Opening Roster Set; Lias Andersson Sent to Hartford

Senior Member Midget Division
    On the flipside, we have the opposite issue on D. There is the possibility of a big rotation, with 4 lefties and 4 righties. Staal should get a chance to stay fresh all year. I doubt the coach plans to sit DeAngelo much. He's more a victim of current circumstances. The Rangers just acquired McQuaid and want his D-zone reliability, leadership, toughness and size in the lineup. Shatty is the #1 PP RHQB, his best feature, so he is in. And I think the team really likes the Staal/Pionk pairing, to start the year. Pionk needs to play consistently too.

Obviously, McQuaid is a trade candidate down the road. Others could/should also be traded. So this is not going to be an all year issue. Injuries and other reasons could also impact the depth chart or change the rotation well before the deadline.

Quinn is probably telling ADA this and asking him to be patient. My ideal scenario is Shatty lights it up and really increases his trade value. Even better is him getting packaged with other good players (say Hayes or whoever) to acquire a core piece or top prospect.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division rangers02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    Probably the situation. Puts Anderson on notice he needs to pick it up to get to MSG, and really McLeod isn't complaining. Unless the guy is completely clueless he has to know his time as an NHL regular is short.

Simply wish Anderson lit it up, but he hasn't, yet.
    Andersson needs to step up his game because he might be the next generation of this team. Also, management thinks our goaltending is complete with a Hank who has struggled mightily in the preseason and Georgiev who has proven to be a quality goaltender but is still not played up to the potential this organization wants him
    The waiting is over! The New York Rangers are the Stanley Cup Champions! And this one will last a lifetime!
    -Sam Rosen

24 years later, still waiting to see our team lift Lord Stanley's Cup

swamped Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by rangers02 View Post
    Andersson needs to step up his game because he might be the next generation of this team. Also, management thinks our goaltending is complete with a Hank who has struggled mightily in the preseason and Georgiev who has proven to be a quality goaltender but is still not played up to the potential this organization wants him
    Lundqvist has a no move clause and a contract for three more years. I don't know what else you want to do at goaltender.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    Lundqvist has a no-move clause and a contract for three more years. I don't know what else you want to do at goaltender.
    What I was referring to is what we need to do at goaltender after Lundqvist's contract expires and management will need to something involved in giving him an extension if we have the cap space and Hank will have to prove he deserves that extension
    The waiting is over! The New York Rangers are the Stanley Cup Champions! And this one will last a lifetime!
    -Sam Rosen

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    There are plenty of guys looking for jobs around the league that the rangers could have signed instead of McLeod. I’m not pointing that out as an endorsement for McLeod, more so because I wouldn’t be so sure the rangers aren’t planning on using him. The rangers brass went out of their way to speak about becoming tougher. That doesn’t make them right that playing McLeod does anything for team toughness but it does explain his signing and making the team. Sather has always been in the old boys club of “needing” an enforcer. The rangers needed toughness and to me anyway they answered that question with zero creativity or thought. They signed McLeod who has already proven unfit for the job.

Regardless this was more about Quinn keeping him. I don’t think this decision was ever on Quinn as if he had a choice.

swamped Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by rangers02 View Post
    What I was referring to is what we need to do at goaltender after Lundqvist's contract expires and management will need to something involved in giving him an extension if we have the cap space and Hank will have to prove he deserves that extension
    lundqvist is not getting an extension, this is his last contract with the rangers. no way is he a starting caliber goalie three years from now

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

No wonder why they have to take a look for what they have for the future in the Goaltender position because the window is closed on Hank's career. This is the year where we will embrace the future
    -Sam Rosen

swamped Midget Division
    We've got a few years to groom a new young replacement. Lundqvist's cap hit is 2nd in the league behind Price. So we are paying him as a top five goalie and getting middle of the pack performance. Given what we saw in 2012 and 2013 management felt that they had to give him this length of contract in order to keep giving us shots at the cup. But the back end of this contract is going to be more and more painful to watch.

https://www.spotrac.com/nhl/rankings...it/goaltender/

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    We own the rights to the best goalie not in the NHL, the #1 goalie prospect in the world.

I'm not worried about goaltending.

swamped Midget Division
    Fair, this roster has other issues to worry about.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    We own the rights to the best goalie not in the NHL, the #1 goalie prospect in the world.

I'm not worried about goaltending.
    Top 5, not best. Regardless, nothing to worry about in net. Although the Islanders are in better position with two great goalie prospects.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member Junior Division
    Umm, that's 14 forwards.

Nevermind. Damn Southern Tier .

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Buchnevich had the second most fights behind McLeod. McLeod canít win shit.

Getting roughed up is the worst way to start a season.

They need to play hard, every shift. McLeod going head first into the boards isnít going to inject energy into the guys.

Weíve all played on a team where ďthisĒ guy is kept around. Itís always a joke in the lockerroom and an embarrassment to the team.
    Nevermind that Mcleod is likely friends with the entire Preds roster still. I believe he did nothing against them when Vesey got nailed by one of their guys.

No reason for Mcleod to be on the roster. I'd rather carry a third goalie.

Quote Originally Posted by AliveIn94 View Post
    Agreed, but who do we put instead? Lias on for 7 mins a game? Fogarty?

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Roll 4 lines. Spread out ice time and adjust mid game by sliding players up and down the lineup. There's a very VERY big chance one or two of Hayes, Namestnikov, Vesey, Chytil and Spooner are going to play like shit from game to game.

Glad Howden is getting a look, but I feel Andersson deserved and fit the job better. Mcleod being here is just awful.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Andersson didn't earn a thing with his preseason. Not sure how anyone can say he deserves a spot.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    I’m just curious to why everyone here thinks McLeod made the team? Other than Quinn and Gorton are idiots.

Beleskey got hurt and who else should have been the 13th? I don't see any other obvious choice besides Beleskey.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    I’m just curious to why everyone here thinks McLeod made the team? Other than Quinn and Gorton are idiots.
    Process of elimination. Who is healthy and should be here?

Pete, take me off ignore lol

Senior Member Midget Division
    Everyone getting hot in the ass about McLeod. He does the job he's asked to do. Soon enough he won't matter but this roster isn't strong enough that the 13th forward is that big a deal. In two years, if a guy like McLeod is on the roster, then we can all be pissed. Now? What difference does it make. And Andersson needed to earn his spot and he didn't. Regardless, Hartford is the best place for him right now.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast