Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Opening Roster Set; Lias Andersson Sent to Hartford

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    AV doesn't coach here anymore.
    True, meaning the same fans that bitched about AV will give Quinn a pass for doing the same thing.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division pws85nyr's Avatar
    Howden over Andersson the only surprise for me. Not sure I agree with the logic, but happy to see either get a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    I would hope everybody will give Quinn a little rope before ripping him for anything. The guy hasn’t coached a game yet. I admit I hated everything about av. I don’t have an opinion about Quinn because in all honesty yes I’m repeating myself, but I don’t expect to hear anything but great things about him when I watch the games. It will take a while to get a gauge on what he is, longer when weeding through the bullshit. I will say I’m not100% sure he’s the teacher he’s made out to be based on his days at bu. That school always has the best talent because of who they are. To say he’s developed well at bu is not all that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    I would hope everybody will give Quinn a little rope before ripping him for anything. The guy hasn’t coached a game yet. I admit I hated everything about av. I don’t have an opinion about Quinn because in all honesty yes I’m repeating myself, but I don’t expect to hear anything but great things about him when I watch the games. It will take a while to get a gauge on what he is, longer when weeding through the bullshit. I will say I’m not100% sure he’s the teacher he’s made out to be based on his days at bu. That school always has the best talent because of who they are. To say he’s developed well at bu is not all that hard.
    I did. Then he kept McLeod.

Wouldn’t that be more on Gorton?

Quinns been very vocal about keeping the best guys.

Senior Member Bantam Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    What if McLeod is a character guy in the locker room and oh yeah Beleskey is hurt.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I don’t know seems to me that the rangers have the perfect opponent for Quinn to immediately turn the page from av. In comes the preds, the team whom the rangers refused to stand up for themselves against and quite possibly the game that summed up the rangers under av. If I’m Quinn I’m playing the tape and drilling into his team asking what kind of team are they going to be. I dress McLeod giving them a little added bravery and get them riled up. Righting the wrongs of the past and getting into s nasty game isn’t a terrible way to get the team gelling. This team isn’t going to win by talent. If being relentless and skating through not around opponents is his message. What an opportunity game 1 presents and McLeod fits right in with that mindset

Quote Originally Posted by AliveIn94 View Post
    What if McLeod is a character guy in the locker room and oh yeah Beleskey is hurt.

Well then don’t feed me a line a shit saying you are keeping the best players.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    I don’t know seems to me that the rangers have the perfect opponent for Quinn to immediately turn the page from av. In comes the preds, the team whom the rangers refused to stand up for themselves against and quite possibly the game that summed up the rangers under av. If I’m Quinn I’m playing the tape and drilling into his team asking what kind of team are they going to be. I dress McLeod giving them a little added bravery and get them riled up. Righting the wrongs of the past and getting into s nasty game isn’t a terrible way to get the team gelling. This team isn’t going to win by talent. If being relentless and skating through not around opponents is his message. What an opportunity game 1 presents and McLeod fits right in with that mindset
    Buchnevich had the second most fights behind McLeod. McLeod can’t win shit.

Getting roughed up is the worst way to start a season.

They need to play hard, every shift. McLeod going head first into the boards isn’t going to inject energy into the guys.

We’ve all played on a team where “this” guy is kept around. It’s always a joke in the lockerroom and an embarrassment to the team.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    the chances are that McCloud is going to get a few games before they waive him just to show what he has, and maybe get picked up by another team. There's nothing wrong with having a guy like that on for the first five to eight games.

Senior Member Bantam Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Buchnevich had the second most fights behind McLeod. McLeod canít win shit.

They need to play hard, every shift. McLeod going head first into the boards isnít going to inject energy into the guys.

Weíve all played on a team where ďthisĒ guy is kept around. Itís always a joke in the lockerroom and an embarrassment to the team.
    Agreed, but who do we put instead? Lias on for 7 mins a game? Fogarty?

Buchnevich had the second most fights behind McLeod. McLeod can’t win shit.

They need to play hard, every shift. McLeod going head first into the boards isn’t going to inject energy into the guys.

We’ve all played on a team where “this” guy is kept around. It’s always a joke in the lockerroom and an embarrassment to the team.
    Just trying to explain the reasoning. Team toughness was directly talked about this off season by rangers brass even before hiring Quinn. They resigned McLeod this off season. Not sure if the decision on McLeod is Quinn s to make. It should be but who knows. Maybe micheletti can tell us why in fuck they kept him?

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Guess Iíll be heading to Hartford for a couple of games this year.

It seems with McLeod that he's 13 and just a placeholder for zuc and may circulate a little on the 4th at most

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

the chances are that McCloud is going to get a few games before they waive him just to show what he has, and maybe get picked up by another team. There's nothing wrong with having a guy like that on for the first five to eight games.
    Probably the situation. Puts Anderson on notice he needs to pick it up to get to MSG, and really McLeod isn't complaining. Unless the guy is completely clueless he has to know his time as an NHL regular is short.

Simply wish Anderson lit it up, but he hasn't, yet.

Senior Member Mite Division RodrigueGabriel's Avatar
    The whole equation changed when they got McQuaid, who is a more credible enforcement threat by a few orders of magnitude. And he can actually play a little hockey. So agree that these few games are likely McCleod's Rangers season.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by jjweimar View Post
    It seems with McLeod that he's 13 and just a placeholder for zuc and may circulate a little on the 4th at most
    fellas, it is as simple as JJ's take. McLeod is the 13th. He's likely only playing if someone is hurt, sick or coach thinks someone should sit, etc. Who else did you want as a 13th? It wasn't going to be a kid. Belesky got hurt. Holland is not good enough or physical enough to make up for it. Meskanen is not ready for NHL.

Fatty, McQuaid is playing against Nashville. Probably paired with Skjei. Smith will also be playing. Unlike McLeod, they'll actually be on the ice for two-thirds of the game and should do a fine job protecting/supporting the kids and adding physicality to the lineup.

Edit - Rodrigue, ya beat me to it.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 09-29-2018 at 08:51 AM.

I like a guy that can play as the 13th.

I prefer guys having nights off, once in awhile, too, similar to baseball. I’d like to see the extra getting anywhere from 40-60 games a season.

Senior Member Midget Division
    I like a guy that can play as the 13th.

I prefer guys having nights off, once in awhile, too, similar to baseball. I’d like to see the extra getting anywhere from 40-60 games a season.
    I agree with you. 12 guys aren't going to be injury, sick or slump free. However, the roster and situation does not really call for it. We are not deep enough and we have nobody compelling as a 13th. The youngsters in the lineup should play every night and usually don't need a night off. Additionally, I think the Rangers want a forward who can 'deal', McLeod became the only one, once Belesky went down.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast