• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Opening Roster Set; Lias Andersson Sent to Hartford

Gorilla Salad

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Rangers have announced that the following players have made the team to start the season:

Forwards (13): Pavel Buchnevich, Filip Chytil, Jesper Fast, Kevin Hayes, Brett Howden, Chris Kreider, Vinni Lettieri, Cody McLeod, Vladislav Namestnikov, Ryan Spooner, Jimmy Vesey, Mika Zibanejad, Mats Zuccarello

Defensemen (8): Fredrik Claesson, Tony DeAngelo, Adam McQuaid, Neal Pionk, Kevin Shattenkirk, Brady Skjei, Brendan Smith, Marc Staal

Goaltenders (2): Alexandar Georgiev, Henrik Lundqvist

Injured (3): Matt Beleskey, Brandon Crawley, Boo Nieves

I?m pretty exciting about this kid

Yes sir, same here. He was physical and very effective yesterday. He and Vesey were swarming and had a nice forecheck going. He looks like he can be relied on to be consistent and bring elements like defense, speed, effort and forechecking every night. Has offense chops with his quickness and should develop into a very nice passer.

Here's a take... Howden is much like Stepan... if Step was faster, taller, stronger, more energetic, more assertive defensively and had better hair.

RJ, it is confusing if you base your understanding on a too literal interpretation. Simply, the idea that Howden is a 4C is very far from his projections. It is not accurate. It may just mean Quinn does not want Lias on the 4th line and he did not beat out the guys he plans on giving top 9 minutes. Maybe he expects the 4th line to forecheck more or be gritty and he thinks Howden is better at that role. One of Chytil, Howden and Lias was going to Hartford.

Would rather have Anderson here and send McLeod packing. 4th line minutes and practicing with the big club is better than Hartford, and McLeod sucks.

Nah, the Rangers are not going to put a kid in the role of 13th forward. Pretty sure that became McLeod's role the minute Belesky separated his shoulder. I'm hoping he sees very limited spot duty, which means Lettieri is the only fringe player on the 4th line and he seems ready to play a pesky forechecking game. Sod16, that should not slow up Howden's development.

Sidenote - really would like to see Vesey on the line with Howden. It looked like they had nice chemistry and communication going and they both played their best game, together.

Nah, the Rangers are not going to put a kid in the role of 13th forward. Pretty sure that became McLeod's role the minute Belesky separated his shoulder. I'm hoping he sees very limited spot duty, which means Lettieri is the only fringe player on the 4th line and he seems ready to play a pesky forechecking game. Sod16, that should not slow up Howden's development.

Sidenote - really would like to see Vesey on the line with Howden. It looked like they had nice chemistry and communication going and they both played their best game, together.

Fans will be pissed when its Chytil by game 3.

Sod16, that should not slow up Howden's development.

Jus' sayin' if when they come out with those stats on total minutes played with different players, after 41 games, I don't want to see Howden having played with McCleod for more than 90 seconds. (This is somewhat aside from the fact that I don't want to see anyone playing with McCleod for more than 90 seconds).

Fans will be pissed when its Chytil by game 3.

Not happening, none of the kids are spending prolonged periods in the pressbox. You forgot we have a coach and GM who now have a real rebuilding plan that includes these kids.

If they aren't getting significant minutes, they'll go to Hartford. Lias struggled on the PK, wasn't seeing PP time. Lack of special team's minutes would cut his minutes further, he gets to work on both in Hartford. And be the 1C.

Sod, I agree. We have enough toughness on the blueline to not see McLeod more than once or so a month.

I would hope everybody will give Quinn a little rope before ripping him for anything. The guy hasn’t coached a game yet. I admit I hated everything about av. I don’t have an opinion about Quinn because in all honesty yes I’m repeating myself, but I don’t expect to hear anything but great things about him when I watch the games. It will take a while to get a gauge on what he is, longer when weeding through the bullshit. I will say I’m not100% sure he’s the teacher he’s made out to be based on his days at bu. That school always has the best talent because of who they are. To say he’s developed well at bu is not all that hard.

I would hope everybody will give Quinn a little rope before ripping him for anything. The guy hasn’t coached a game yet. I admit I hated everything about av. I don’t have an opinion about Quinn because in all honesty yes I’m repeating myself, but I don’t expect to hear anything but great things about him when I watch the games. It will take a while to get a gauge on what he is, longer when weeding through the bullshit. I will say I’m not100% sure he’s the teacher he’s made out to be based on his days at bu. That school always has the best talent because of who they are. To say he’s developed well at bu is not all that hard.

I did. Then he kept McLeod.

Archived